Sure-Fire Forex - good trading basis?

cbyp

I have purchased an ebook, SureFire Forex... I read it once, then hunted for the tools i needed, now i have them i was gonna give it a go... however, i will need to read it through in detail this time to get my head around analysing the indicators properly on my demo account, setting the stops etc. is not all that clear using the advanced method.

Has anyone used this method?

If no-one recognises it, then i can explain the method in more detail however I'll wait before it gets long winded!

thanks

cbyp said:
I have purchased an ebook, SureFire Forex... I read it once, then hunted for the tools i needed, now i have them i was gonna give it a go... however, i will need to read it through in detail this time to get my head around analysing the indicators properly on my demo account, setting the stops etc. is not all that clear using the advanced method.

Has anyone used this method?

If no-one recognises it, then i can explain the method in more detail however I'll wait before it gets long winded!

thanks

uhm, did you read this thread?
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17390

heh, yeah i did funnily..

so, does this method work, making use of MACD, %R, EMA, RSI, all at once, can good gains be made?

thanks

I've seen the method and tried it out myself. I like it because it's a trend following system and it helps you define stops and profit targets relatively easy. Unfortunately, I don't use it because i'm not comfortable trading a longer time frame. If you don't mind having positions on for a few hours to a few days at a time, then i think it's pretty good. For short term i think breakouts and support and resistance trades are better.

PipCrawler said:
I've seen the method and tried it out myself. I like it because it's a trend following system and it helps you define stops and profit targets relatively easy. Unfortunately, I don't use it because i'm not comfortable trading a longer time frame. If you don't mind having positions on for a few hours to a few days at a time, then i think it's pretty good. For short term i think breakouts and support and resistance trades are better.

Hi PipCrawler,
You are refering to sure-fire-trading or hans123 system ?
I saw your postings on BP's blog, you are trading on Alba sytem I suppose :D

Gav

sure-fire-trading...i bought it a while back when to see what it was all about...after that i decided to never buy another system again. haha yeah, i trade the alba system. i helped BP develop it...it's been great. most of the trades are breakouts lately, but in the summer time it was all about the signal...have you been trading it traderswin??

PipCrawler said:
sure-fire-trading...i bought it a while back when to see what it was all about...after that i decided to never buy another system again. haha yeah, i trade the alba system. i helped BP develop it...it's been great. most of the trades are breakouts lately, but in the summer time it was all about the signal...have you been trading it traderswin??

Yup, I am trading Alba breakout, and some other breakout system as well.
I like the EU session breakout. :D