Successful full-time traders - anonymous interviews for a serious book

'whats going on with galleon holdings plc? '

It's an interesting punt on their business in China. But a very small proportion of my assets.

The irony of the 3% disclosure requirements is that it's my smaller positions which get all the attention!

Guy

Have ordered your book a long time ago and am itching to read it when i go on holiday next week - sun lounger - good book (very good from the reviews i have seen) what else can you want? Am hearing on some boards that Galleon’s china gaming business is booming although not sure what to believe on some boards....! Interesting punt - will watch and see.

Any thoughts on QE2 coming to an end in June and impact on small caps?

Doc

Guy

Any thoughts on QE2 coming to an end in June and impact on small caps?

Doc

I actually try not to have thoughts about things like that. I agree with what one of the people in the book said:

"Focus on things which are knowable - that is, things where research can plausibly give you superior insight - for example, the microeconomic advantages of a particular company. Ignore things which are not knowable, for example, general macroeconomic predictions." (page 95)

Guy

Any idea on when Cellcast are releasing their full year numbers? I have emailed Andrew Wilson but no response yet. Also any ideas on how Cellcast Asia are trading? I keep picking up a few shares here and there at around 3.8p. Hoping for some good results. Best wishes. Doc

There are so many so called full-time traders. But those who are really good at (mostly luck) would just hire a writer and make loads of money off of it.

Hi Guy,

Enjoyed the book. Did you deliberately concentrate on equity traders/investors? And do you thing this reflects the majority of professional private traders out there? I ask because I've compounded my capital at over 20% pa over the last 12 years, on a very amateur basis, betting on trends in commodities, fx, bonds, stock indexes etc. It would be surprising if there weren't more doing the same.

Tom.

Hi Guy,

Enjoyed the book. Did you deliberately concentrate on equity traders/investors? And do you thing this reflects the majority of professional private traders out there?

Tom.

I didn't deliberately concentrate on equity traders, but it's true there was an availability heuristic: I know lots of equity traders, and no commodity traders. I don't know how representative this is of the global population of UK private traders.