stupid question?

ChrisW,

If the chart does not reflect all the movement in price during a given time frame (1, 5, 15 or 60 mins), it is a line graph which does not seem to suit your requirements. You it will seem, require a candlestick chart that will better reflect the information you want.

This simple exercise should answer your question :-

Open your chart as usual and open a candlestick chart alongside it (all criteria should be the same apart from one being a candlestick); now sit back and watch as the price moves.

I am getting to the point when I think I shall have a beer too. <g>. or ...or...two.

Chris, I think that Ardhill's answers to you (as is quite often the case round here!) are probably the only really helpful ones. I didn't understand what you meant at all until I saw the example charts you posted here. These must be "line charts", and they are obviously useless. I've never seen anything quite like it before. I use bar charts myself, and therefore don't have any of these problems and didn't really understand what you were on about, sorry. I suggest that you might like to try bar charts, pint or no pint. :)

Now at last the riddle is unravelled.....how silly of all of us to overlook the obvious...sorry chrisw.....now it is clear. Yes, not line, bar charts, yes. Bar being the significant word, now we can all go and have a beer there....

chrisw,
I understand what you are saying and your difficulty. I suspect the advfn feed and/or charting is not of the highest quality to produce the images in post 19...........
Perhaps you have already raised this on that board?
If not, perhaps there might be a more appropriate venue.
Otherwise email Clem and attach those images and ask him to comment or explain ;-)))
Richard

Good advice form GammaJammer, and in addition get yourself a decently accurate data stream of Forex prices independent of everything else, like this you will be able to pinpoint at any time where the real market is at.

This is very important if you are to do this properly.