Strategy Automation

S&R

I want to automate two of my strategies that I've been trading for over 3 years, and whilst I could put in the man hours to develop these, it's not my forte'. Any suggestions / recommendations on who to contact?

A good freelancer who is reliable and treats information confidentially. If you have enough time and the systems are not complex it's probably best to do the work yourself. You can start with Interactive Brokers and Excel. If you choose to work with a service provider it's going to be very expensive. Depending on the requirements my rough estimate would be about 300-500 hours.

Find a good programmer, young guy, who knows about the markets. Tell him what to do but change the entry conditions substantially. Ask him to work in your office or home and watch over him. learn how to change the entry conditions yourself. He will gain only experience about order entry but nothing about your method.

Do not allow him to take work home and copying the code on a flash drive. Disable SMTP and POP on development computer as well as delete all browsers if possible.

...and be prepared to pay a years salary (?). Probably better to find someone with experience in coding automated strategies.

I want to automate two of my strategies that I've been trading for over 3 years, and whilst I could put in the man hours to develop these, it's not my forte'. Any suggestions / recommendations on who to contact?

Hi S&R

if your strategy is based on support and resistance levels (taking a hint from your name) then you will find it more difficult to program.#

Somethings the human eye does really really well, and with 100 trillion neuron connections to play with, so it should. Computers are still a way behind on some fronts.

I am an automated trader using NinjaTrader, and I am also beginning to trade manually - which means I am really tied up for the next few months with workload - otherwise I would offer to do the automation for you for a cut of the profits or a handshake on which markets to trade it on.

A good freelancer who is reliable and treats information confidentially. If you have enough time and the systems are not complex it's probably best to do the work yourself. You can start with Interactive Brokers and Excel. If you choose to work with a service provider it's going to be very expensive. Depending on the requirements my rough estimate would be about 300-500 hours.

Thanks for the honest feedback.

Hi S&R

if your strategy is based on support and resistance levels (taking a hint from your name) then you will find it more difficult to program.#

Somethings the human eye does really really well, and with 100 trillion neuron connections to play with, so it should. Computers are still a way behind on some fronts.

I am an automated trader using NinjaTrader, and I am also beginning to trade manually - which means I am really tied up for the next few months with workload - otherwise I would offer to do the automation for you for a cut of the profits or a handshake on which markets to trade it on.

My strategy certainly takes into account S&R levels, however these are just one of the ingredients. Again, thanks for the fedback.

HI, I am an intermediate with a strategy automation company, I would be happy to talk with you to automate your strategy, we can work on a profit share or one off costing. All work would be carried out with a mutual NDA and would reside on Strategy Runner. My costs for development are almost 50% less than that of going direct.

ping a mail to [email protected] if you want to discuss further.

Try looking at Prodigio from Think or Swim. I am currently auto trading my stratagies with their RTS sytem. There are bugs but it seems to be working better every month

Brandon

If u are a mechanical trader then u should build ur own system......Coding is not hard if u gather lots of formulas and then copy paste the sections u need........I have build my Mechanical Trading System in AmiBroker software by using modified smooth MA Heiken Ashi with many other indicators.........One should build or code his own strategy as it is hard to explain and hard to get the exact thing u r wanting unless u work on it.....If u don't have time for this then thats a different thing and in that case u shouldn't code that thing as u really don't need that.........There are some forums where u will get help in case of coding..........I know about some forums but they are Amibroker based forum........Regards......