Stop out - but not on chart?

Ah, yes Split, remember Connie :LOL: :eek: turned out to be a geezer wearing high heels & wig, actually there's a few gender confused members still at large, so be careful :eek: :LOL:

BTW I still haven't got my head round this bandwidth issue and charts/feeds etc.

Interesting debate though (y)

Ah, yes! That was a BIG surprise. Good job it was on the web. Face to face might have been a bigger embarassment :eek::eek:, especially to an Old Sod like me :LOL:

Split

Hi

Just a quick question may be off topic for this thread but does anybody trade over a wireless connection? I have Level II direct access to the US Market and prices and charts appear to be fine when comparing my wireless laptop to my "connected" desktop.

I haven't placed a trade over a wireless connection yet .

Re getting stopped out. I know a lot of S/B use Bloomberg feeds for basing their prices from. I have had aninstance when i got stopped out of a US Stock when trading with Interactive Brokers (IB) (Not A spread bettor)

Basically an order got filled 25c away from the market action and it registered on the bloomberg time and sales, which in turn fired off my stop loss order held on the IB platform (TWS). The result was I got filled at the next price which was 25c above my stop loss level.

When I checked my esignal T&S I couldn't find the away from the market order but I was sent a Bloomberg T&S screenshot and sure enough there it was.

Not all charting packages or price feeds are created equal :)

Cheers

T