Stop Losses

You prefer because you are seeing too few opportunities. That doesn't mean they are not there.

4-5% a day is more impressive than what foroom claims to be able to do.

I did not say I was making 4/5 % every day, I said at time with 3-4 pips gain I could make 4/5% gain per day.

Sorry I need to trade...

They lose due to poor risk management and trying to know "what is going to happen next with the trade" , instead of trading probabilities.

I agree with that but the market offers not more than 4/5 high probability trades per day and if one does not work hard enough he will not be able to recognize them and will not learn how to take advantage of them.

PMs sent :clap:

Thanks. I sent this back:

math-teacher-at-blackboard-picture-id78430277

You should. Barjon appears more successful because he doesn't call. So there's no need for him to hide losers, and lose respect and credibility.

Why ? You see trading as a pure gamble ?

With 99% of the retail losing, there is a side of trading that wins from the 99%. That side cannot be gambling.

I've done my calling as you may recall from your previous incarnation :). Live calls without any reasoning behind them are of no use whatever to the reader. Otherwise they are just vehicles to pump egos since they don't tell you much about the ongoing (year in, year out) prowess of a trader. As just part of everyday trading conversation - as on ftse thread - they're fine.

The gambling comment was purely in relation to that incredible reported performance. We do speculate, of course, which is perhaps just a posh term for gambling :)

I've done my calling as you may recall from your previous incarnation :). Live calls without any reasoning behind them are of no use whatever to the reader. Otherwise they are just vehicles to pump egos since they don't tell you much about the ongoing (year in, year out) prowess of a trader. As just part of everyday trading conversation - as on ftse thread - they're fine.

The gambling comment was purely in relation to that incredible reported performance. We do speculate, of course, which is perhaps just a posh term for gambling :)

Live calls prove you know what you are doing and everybody can see and verify ,entry by entry in advance , if you are using Photoshop or just trying to act as a forum poseur.

At least I can post hours in advance , without stops and make money, demo if you tink so , you fear losing trades and losses.

I never saw your calls. But I do remember vaguely you were saying you were calling. In a trading forum, it seems logical to call. How else is it a trading forum ? Do you prefer to do knitting in a trading forum ?

Not calling is a sign of bruised ego rather than to avoid an ego pump. In any case, your excuse is suspect. You would be more convincing to say you are too busy knitting therefore you cannot call.

Ok, you speculate/gamble. I was telling you a side of the market who don't gamble. Therefore gamble is not the only option in the market.

Isn't the stops placement a conundrum that is unsolvable ?
I won't have time to read through all 416 posts since 2008, so maybe someone who has stuck with it, can point out a " true gem " post or 2 ? Barjon ?
ATR ?
BBs ?

I won't have time to read through all 416 posts since 2008, so maybe someone who has stuck with it, can point out a " true gem " post or 2 ? Barjon ?
ATR ?
BBs ?
Learn to trade without them pat. A stop order seeks loss, theres no getting away from it.

ATR ?
BBs ?

You have to ask a profitable trader , if I had used stops today I would not have made money .Without using stops , by using options , I made 56 ticks today.

Trying to teach any old dog , a new trick , is impossible!

I never saw your calls. But I do remember vaguely you were saying you were calling. In a trading forum, it seems logical to call. How else is it a trading forum ? Do you prefer to do knitting in a trading forum ?

Not calling is a sign of bruised ego rather than to avoid an ego pump. In any case, your excuse is suspect. You would be more convincing to say you are too busy knitting therefore you cannot call.

Ok, you speculate/gamble. I was telling you a side of the market who don't gamble. Therefore gamble is not the only option in the market.

No, what I'd prefer to do is to talk about strategies, analysis and experiences as well as just enjoy some everyday conversation.

What would you find more interesting - a bald post saying long ftse @ 7420 or a post
explaining the strategy that would give rise to such an entry? You will, however, try to score clever points from whatever I say so I expect you will concoct a fancy reply :LOL: