Stop hunting with the big players

In FX it is actually also hugely about judgement of liquidity. Selling 200m euros will have different effects on the price action in differing circumstances. Good spot market makers basically are employed to make that judgement all day every day.

Anyhoo, I don't use technical analysis at all so I could well be wrong. I just know that trading breakouts is incredibly hard to do, and you're far better off in the long run waiting for the breakout to happen and then trading the reaction.

You neglected to mention the 50% you get 30pips from the other 1/2 of your size. :LOL:

Mate if the strategy works like this:

£10 per point (for example) at 1.5985 with a 15 pip stop then you have £150 risk.

If you scale out £5 as the strategy indicates at 1.6000 then you have made £75 and locked in a risk free trade.

But the "extra" is a kind of "if it works - if you're lucky and there are stops there" kind of thing.

So basically you are risking £150 for £75 like a turd...

Goose my trading would have a severe directional bias if I used your method; in fact I'd pretty much be a pension fund.

Anyhoo, I don't use technical analysis at all so I could well be wrong.

You'd be better off looking at a chart than staring at that ladder all day long like a spare c*nt.

Bund has to be the easiest thing to position trade at the moment. It's trending like no other.

I'm not a technical guy at all, so I could be off on this, but to be honest I think you've completely misunderstood the concept of trying to take out stops. It's very hard to do, very rare, and you need to be fooking massive, willing to buy/sell into major resistance/support, or be a lucky git. Or all of the above.

I wouldn't say rare, it happens on the major S&R lines every day.
The strategy doesn't take the stops out by itself, it just rides along when the market makers are doing it.
Anyway, as others have said Boris is a turd so I'm going to paper trade it and see what happens while I carry on trading other stuff.