Stock loans, 90% non recourse laons

Jasi

Hi,
Does anybody know of a good , regulated US firm which ofers stock loans with high Loan to Vaue ratio and non recourse - non margin features?
Also is there any way to borrow stock for covered call writing purpose?
J

Hi,
Does anybody know of a good , regulated US firm which ofers stock loans with high Loan to Vaue ratio and non recourse - non margin features?
J

The best company in the stock-secured loan business these days is HedgeLender LLC. They are the only ones who seem to take customer service and legal compliance seriously in the private placement stock loan business.

You'll find a lot of characters hanging a webpage up and declaring that they have 'stock loans'. You'll find that most, if not all, do their loans though Hedgelender which is in Philadelphia at 2 Penn Center Plaza. Give them a call at 1-877-345-0008. I guarantee the will take care of you.

Dave nuttall

Jasi,

I represent EquiTap, a division of American Institutional Partners.

EquiTap is a smart alternative to traditional lending. We have the ability to lend capital to companies and their shareholders on a non- recourse basis. EquiTap gives you and your shareholders the ability to obtain immediate liquidity, while providing an effective hedge against a declining value and retaining upside participation.

Please contact me at the number listed below with further questions.

Thank You

Dave Nuttall

155 North 400 West Suite 150

Salt Lake City Utah 84103

Toll Free 866-700-0797

Direct Line 801-415-9831

Fax 801-415-9808

An AIP Company

AIP American Institutional Partners

Hi,
J

Thanks, but...

Dave's right.. but remember AIP is one of four lending partners and about 100 structures that HedgeLender LLC offers through their cafeteria-style stock loan superstore concept. I did check them out too... they are the oldest private placement stock loan brokerage in the business with a great reputation. I received 8 term sheets each with different features with good follow-on service. I felt like these guys actually wanted me to be happy with the resulting loan. The one offer I had from another AIP broker - not you - was actually a worse LTV than what HedgeLender offered me (the other broker marked it up I believe, HedgeLender charged me only a point). I have had three stock loans now and one was an AIP loan that I am happy with.

I spoke with my rep over at HedgeLender today and they said that three new HedgeLoan products are soon to be released.

Thanks! :).

AJ

Jasi,

I represent EquiTap, a division of American Institutional Partners.

EquiTap is a smart alternative to traditional lending. We have the ability to lend capital to companies and their shareholders on a non- recourse basis. EquiTap gives you and your shareholders the ability to obtain immediate liquidity, while providing an effective hedge against a declining value and retaining upside participation.

Please contact me at the number listed below with further questions.

Thank You

Dave Nuttall

155 North 400 West Suite 150

Salt Lake City Utah 84103

Toll Free 866-700-0797

Direct Line 801-415-9831

Fax 801-415-9808

An AIP Company

AIP American Institutional Partners

HedgeLender sadly was really a good company with people who really gave a damn about their clients, worked their butts off etc but were intentionally deceived by two lenders who did not disclose their financial problems when the recession hit and left the company hanging, just like these lenders did with their clients and other brokers.

They went out of business in 2009. CEO Stafford was quoted before closing the doors: "Anyone who undertakes any loan against securities where the client asks you to transfer title is a fool. These lenders sell the shares but deny doing so to their brokers, like HedgeLender, and clients. They used us and every other client or broker out there as far as I'm concerned. They go to great lengths to call it all "proprietary." My advice? Stay as far from ANY lender who asks you to transfer the title to your securities in exchange for a loan. Stick with licensed institutions and nothing else. " (Information Age March 2010).

Stick with licensed institutions sounds like very good advice. If you own securities forget completely about any nonrecourse stock loan or any stock loan where they try to convince you its OK to transfer title. It isn't OK. If this kind of loan isn't 100% illegal now, it will be soon. The IRS is closing them down calling them tax shelters one by one.

ML