Steady little cash cows

Kevin21

This is a general question for people trading futures...

In your experience, which markets do you find tend to have nice steady price movements? For example YM tends to be quite spikey and can go all over the shop. Just looking for something nice and steady to average around 15-20pts a day over a week on half an hour to 1hour time frames. As i've mentioned in other threads, i'm teaching my old man how to trade, but YM and other markets that i trade tend to cause him to have his heart in his mouth when they're spiking. Looking to build his confidence up and ease him into it slowly...

Cheers
Kev.

In your experience, which markets do you find tend to have nice steady price movements? For example YM tends to be quite spikey and can go all over the shop. Just looking for something nice and steady to average around 15-20pts a day over a week on half an hour to 1hour time frames. As i've mentioned in other threads, i'm teaching my old man how to trade, but YM and other markets that i trade tend to cause him to have his heart in his mouth when they're spiking. Looking to build his confidence up and ease him into it slowly...

Cheers
Kev.

Kev,
have you looked at Eurostox 50...fairly pedestrian moves.....I know you share the nite shift with him also....what about ASX 200 or Japan All Share....

Good Luck

Cheers
Kev.

Try FTSE Liffe futures.