Staring at a graph.

True, I should have paid attention to that. But he claims in his profile to be working as a prop trader at a Bank/IB/Hedge Fund so I took him seriously.

RR - presumably rate of return? I'm not sure how you would calculate this - it obviously depends on the size of stakes you place.

Risk/reward. Loss 1: Profit 2 or more?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but it's his strat. Talking about an indicator strategy doesn't necessarily convey that particular trader's aspect or knowledge of the market they trade, they might not even know themselves why they took a trade in a high probability area. It is never as simple as, "oh the MACD's overbought and we hit the top bollinger band, so I'm selling".

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people use bollinger bands but the market doesn't just bounce off a 20:2 bolly band because statistics say it should 95% of the time - it's all in context. Largely, instruments react to price and news...surprisingly!
If you really want to model it why not go with the trend instead? Now...how do you model a trend in an EA? You could use multi timeframes, you could use ADX, you could use angle of MAs, you could use fibs - that can all be programmed but it's not easy.
Trading in from the bolly bands is a mean reversion of sorts but you need to know when not to get in - what filter could you use for that (rhetorical question)?

With bollinger bands try creating an indicator that places a tick mark or cross every time the 3 standard deviation is crossed and only trade those back inside, higher percentage trade but doesn't happen very often. Then try if the trend is up, only trade bollinger band bounces when the bottom 20:2 SD is hit - ie trend is up but the price is very oversold so buy it cheap.

You could go on forever, but this is what you need to backtest if you are going down that route.

Risk/reward. Loss 1: Profit 2 or more?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but it's his strat. Talking about an indicator strategy doesn't necessarily convey that particular trader's aspect or knowledge of the market they trade, they might not even know themselves why they took a trade in a high probability area. It is never as simple as, "oh the MACD's overbought and we hit the top bollinger band, so I'm selling".

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people use bollinger bands but the market doesn't just bounce off a 20:2 bolly band because statistics say it should 95% of the time - it's all in context. Largely, instruments react to price and news...surprisingly!
If you really want to model it why not go with the trend instead? Now...how do you model a trend in an EA? You could use multi timeframes, you could use ADX, you could use angle of MAs, you could use fibs - that can all be programmed but it's not easy.
Trading in from the bolly bands is a mean reversion of sorts but you need to know when not to get in - what filter could you use for that (rhetorical question)?

With bollinger bands try creating an indicator that places a tick mark or cross every time the 3 standard deviation is crossed and only trade those back inside, higher percentage trade but doesn't happen very often. Then try if the trend is up, only trade bollinger band bounces when the bottom 20:2 SD is hit - ie trend is up but the price is very oversold so buy it cheap.

You could go on forever, but this is what you need to backtest if you are going down that route.

Won five, lost three. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was using an MA filter. If the magnitude of the change in the four hourly MA since the last period was more than the average change I took the price to be trending and only allowed trades in the direction of the change, if it was less I took it to be ranging and allowed trades both ways.

Not sure that I really want to carry on down this route though tbh, I think it could take forever.

Won five, lost three.

That's win ratio.
I meant on each trade what are you risking and what is the target?
For example, you can have a win ratio of 50:50 but if on the winner you win 2 units and on the losers you lose 1 then the overall profit ratio is good.