Spreadbetting the Indices

Hello Jen,
Like you I trade the 350 shares. I use Sharescope ADVFN and Echelon.I'm not a happy camper at the moment as Echelon have upped their margin requirement to 75% with no notification that they were doing so.The margin requirement applies to shares outside the Footsie 100. I find that my exposure has increased by 600% so I have to close some positions on Tuesday which were just starting to develope.I am considering moving my account but most spread betting companies seem to have some drawback.

The margin requirement has been upped, generally, I believe. Its to deal with volatility in the markets and to check overtrading. Don't change your account just because of that.

Split

Thanks for the feedback. I only moved into an overtrading situation because they increased their margin so dramatically. Is there any on place where all the spread betting companies are rated by active traders ?

Thanks for the feedback. I only moved into an overtrading situation because they increased their margin so dramatically. Is there any on place where all the spread betting companies are rated by active traders ?

I, really, don't know which is the best. Fins gets a lot of stick, but I've been with them for years. I have no problem with them with the instruments I trade and doubt the benefits of switching from one account to the other. Just now, they seem to be leaving Fins alone and it is CS that is getting clobbered!

Split