Spreadbetting Companies Want YOU to Lose? Any Thoughts - You Tube Video Link

I'm not funded by anyone in the industry. In fact I don't believe any SB firm would ever ever pay good money to someone simply to argue their side of whatever theory is being bandied about on a private retail traders' forum.

But this is easily tested. Why don't you simply contact one or two SB firms and offer your services. See what they say.

Alternatively, offer to be a stooge for a branch of the industry that's in competition with SB firms, such as CFD providers or options providers or DMA brokers. Suggest to them you will be glad to accept payment for coming on T2W and spreading alarming stories about SB firms' practices.

Or maybe you are already an anti-SB stooge?

Anyway, please do this but keep us informed, I'd like to hear how you get on.

I am absolutely not anti-SB. The more profit they make the happier I get. My profit came from them. If their profit is easy, they have less reason to come after me.

I am discussing here only out of interest in the trading related mechanisms. Since the stooges are paid, making them work a little harder is only fair and I might get some lulz.

Stooging also occur in other industries too. In the search engine business, aggression of stooges makes the financial related stooges look like cuddly teddy bears.

Understandable. From the shop's perspective, it would be more appropriate to call it a nice kill, sweet nectar, profit, or just business.

I have no experience of it, barjon can vouch for me in that respect.

I don't know who you are. My credibility doesn't come into play. But the general audience will find what I say pretty credible, and that's what really counts.

I think the 80% figure came from shops. My own figure is 99% to 99.99%.

Well, he's about a thousand times more credible than you are. You really should do a bit more research about who you dealing with before you sound off.

And I think you're a bit optimistic about what the general audience thinks. You and fl have done your best to take over T2W and ruin it.

Well, he's about a thousand times more credible than you are. You really should do a bit more research about who you dealing with before you sound off.

Credible is good. Now everybody can agree SB systematically fill stops, which is what I said right at the beginning of Mr Credible joining the discussion. He and I are saying the same thing.

Credible is good. Now everybody can agree SB systematically fill stops, which is what I said right at the beginning of Mr Credible joining the discussion. He and I are saying the same thing.

No. you didn't. You asserted that they went stop hunting which nobody except you would define as systematically filling stop orders.

No. you didn't. You asserted that they went stop hunting which nobody except you would define as systematically filling stop orders.

I said MM filled orders. Stops are orders. It is natural for them to fill orders. It makes no difference what word you use to describe that process, the outcome is the same.

Yes it does. It is the market maker's right to hunt for orders, be those stops or other kinds. When SB is the MM then they are directly responsible for hunting stops.

I said MM filled orders. Stops are orders. It is natural for them to fill orders. It makes no difference what word you use to describe that process, the outcome is the same.

No, again. You said hunting stops. End of.

Yes it does. It is the market maker's right to hunt for orders, be those stops or other kinds. When SB is the MM then they are directly responsible for hunting stops.

I said hunt for orders. It's not specific to stops. Who said mm is not allowed to hunt/fill orders ? This is their job.

No. again,again. You said: . "When SB is the MM then they are directly responsible for hunting stops" or are you challenging your own post?

No. again,again. You said: . "When SB is the MM then they are directly responsible for hunting stops" or are you challenging your own post?

When acting as an MM then yes they hunt/fill stops. When not acting as the MM, then the actual MM hunts/fills stops.

When acting as an MM then yes they hunt/fill stops. When not acting as the MM, then the actual MM hunts/fills stops.

A spread betting company is taking bets and subject to that legislation. It therefore HAS to make a book (ie: make its own prices as a market maker does) otherwise it's not considered betting. It must operate as an MM to protect its "betting" status (which is why gains for the punter are tax-free)

A spread betting company is taking bets and subject to that legislation. It therefore HAS to make a book (ie: make its own prices as a market maker does) otherwise it's not considered betting. It must operate as an MM to protect its "betting" status (which is why gains for the punter are tax-free)

Making book is making price is moving price for profit is hunting stops.

Making book is making price is moving price for profit is hunting stops.

Oh dear, joe. SBs make a book and relate their prices to the "real" market. Stop hunting is moving their price to trigger stops contrary to the normal relationship between their prices and the "real" market. You know all this, of course, so why pretend otherwise.