Spread betting:

WSL

I hear a lot of different opinions about spread betting. Is anyone making money on spread betting?

Well, what about slippage and orders not being closed? I hear quite often that spread betting is rigged.

Not as widespread as you think,there are always horror stories,most frims are ok.Youve got a training badge next to your name,surely you know about sb firms

Not as widespread as you think,there are always horror stories,most frims are ok.Youve got a training badge next to your name,surely you know about sb firms

Training badge? Only if its fitness :D

Which firm would you recommend?

I hear a lot of different opinions about spread betting. Is anyone making money on spread betting?

Well, I did this week.

The only useful answer is whether you can make money, it doesn't really matter to your chances of success whether I do or don't.

You will hear that 90% of traders fail but you will never get a valid source for this and statistics like these don't mean anything without their parameters. Using SB as a mechanism to access the markets won't guarantee you win or lose, only you can do that.

Why do we hear so much about the medium for trading? A good trader can make money using any facility provided he understands the mechanism. SB-ing is well ok if you play within "their" rules and don't try to use it as a tool for which it isn't formulated. SB cos are just another factor in your trading - like awkward Greek-influenced markets: learn to roll with it.