Spread Betting Winning Strategy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Neo,

Yes definitely. My max bet to this day has been 5 pounds per point although based on the SB Strategy Money Management guidelines, on certain trades I was able to bet as much as £10 per point .... maybe a bit more in some cases.
The Pounds per Point which you can bet is going to be determined by your entry and stop loss point.
That sounds like a very high risk ratio for your £1500 capital?

That sounds like a very high risk ratio for your £1500 capital?

How can you say that it sounds like a high risk when you dont know what his risk was ?

Neo, as Davie has mentioned, how do you know whether this is a high risk when you don't know what the actual risk was????????

My trades are based on a 3-5% risk management rule i.e. 5% of £1500 which is £75. In other words I have been prepared to risk a max of 75 on one particular trade.

Now I'm not saying that these signals happen every day, but I have had entry signals using the system on some slow moving FTSE250 stocks where the risk is 7 or so points. Now if I am prepared to risk £75 on a 7 point move that is 75 / 7 = 10.71. Now depending on what spread your SB company offers this could potentially allow you to take a trade of 10 pounds per point. Basic Money Management calculations. Make Sense!

I personally have not taken a 10 pound trade yet, but that is personal preference. My max trade has been at £5 per point.

Neo, as Davie has mentioned, how do you know whether this is a high risk when you don't know what the actual risk was????????

My trades are based on a 3-5% risk management rule i.e. 5% of £1500 which is £75. In other words I have been prepared to risk a max of 75 on one particular trade.

Now I'm not saying that these signals happen every day, but I have had entry signals using the system on some slow moving FTSE250 stocks where the risk is 7 or so points. Now if I am prepared to risk £75 on a 7 point move that is 75 / 7 = 10.71. Now depending on what spread your SB company offers this could potentially allow you to take a trade of 10 pounds per point. Basic Money Management calculations. Make Sense!

I personally have not taken a 10 pound trade yet, but that is personal preference. My max trade has been at £5 per point.

Hi MinceMeat,

You have provided a clear explanation of the risk regarding the above but i'm curious as to what you would set your "reward" at. Although you are risking (potentially- 7 points) at what stage would you have closed this position.

Regards,

Mick

MinceMeat - on what timeframe do you trade? Are you looking for end of day signals or lower?

And how do you manage your entries with this system - do you set limit orders for the next days trading or are you watching the intraday activity and then entering your trades yourself during market hours?

Just wondering if the system is appropriate for people that can't access their brokers that often during market hours. (For some reason, my employer blocks spreadbetting websites due to them being "gambling")

MinceMeat - on what timeframe do you trade? Are you looking for end of day signals or lower?

And how do you manage your entries with this system - do you set limit orders for the next days trading or are you watching the intraday activity and then entering your trades yourself during market hours?

Just wondering if the system is appropriate for people that can't access their brokers that often during market hours. (For some reason, my employer blocks spreadbetting websites due to them being "gambling")

You can do any of these, if you wish to set orders the night before then that is fine, or if you have time you can watch the market the next day, what ever suits.

DR

Hi PokerBrat,

Sorry for the delayed response. The trades are based on the daily timeframe and as Davie mentioned you can set orders the night before, I often do this but sometimes prefer to watch the market in the morning to get more favourable spreads.

Cheers
MM

How are folks doing this last week?

Steve.

Hi,

Well I have something really big coming up on my forum soon.

I have selected a group of members who I'm going to coach, and these guys are going to be the new face of my forum as major players and Admin using my techniques.

They will be helping out all of my current and future members when ever they need it.

I feel this is good news for my members as they will get a lot more help and different styles from the 5 memebrs I have picked to coach in private.

Davie

"Very good, but 1m short term trading can be very profitable too."

or it could be disaster..........lol.

Hi!

I thought I would post one of my videos here for you to see,

Theses vids are free to watch on my forum, and I have a lot of plans to add much better ones soon,

Davie

Dailymotion - 10m, a video from Mr-Spread-Betting. spread, betting, trading

Hi Davie,

Great video. Have joined your forum as a result. Can you tell me what setting you have used for the Moving Average.
Can you use this set-up for longer term trading as I work during the day. If so, what settings would you use then?

Thanks,

Glynn

Very good, but 1m short term trading can be very profitable too.

Well in my 10 years of trading full-time I have to say that 1m-5m trading is for donkeys and will loss you money long term!

99% of new traders heads are filled with the "GLAMOUR" they think comes with these very short term trading methods. Not to mention greed.

You see they think all you have to do is sit down and follow a A,B,C method, do this do that on the 1-5 min charts and you will make a mint.
This is wrong, and over the long term I would put money on it that you will loss most if not all of your money trading the 1 min charts.

Now after saying that, I do trade 1m-5 charts, but I only do this on forex and not shares.

I do have my own methods for trading the 1-5 min charts which take other considerations from higher time frames.

Davie

Hi Davie,

Great video. Have joined your forum as a result. Can you tell me what setting you have used for the Moving Average.
Can you use this set-up for longer term trading as I work during the day. If so, what settings would you use then?

Thanks,

Glynn

Hi,

The settings are.....

(SIMPLE) RSI 36

36 period EMA

10 min chart up to 1 hour charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.