Spread betting for house prices?

uk_casius

Hi all.
Does anyone know if there are any spread betting firms that still deal in the house price index? I've heard that IG do normally but they have suspended it for the time being because of the huge amounts of sells in house market?

thanks in advance

Steve

Hi all.
Does anyone know if there are any spread betting firms that still deal in the house price index? I've heard that IG do normally but they have suspended it for the time being because of the huge amounts of sells in house market?

thanks in advance

Steve

Not 100% sure but I think one SB'Co did a few years ago but stopped due to lack of interest from punters.

dd

Hi all.

thanks in advance

Steve

No , IG still offer House prices check the attachemnt u can see a screen shot of their platform .

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,855
Eurex are introducing exchange traded house price derivatives some time next year as well, if anyone's interested.

I looked into this a couple of months ago while IG were still doing property bets but the spread was three thousand quid. They were quoting 181/178, which is based on the national average price in thousands, I decided not to bother.

Perhaps you should have bothered considering they are now quoting 158.8 - 162.0

That would be a great profit if you'd done the obvious and sold.