Spread Betting Firms?

Today, I discovered why IG are so slow.

It's my Avast anti-virus! It needs to be configured to have IG as an exception, otherwise it scans every action and adds seconds to everything.

Found out when I clicked 'Buy' to close a trade and it logged me out. Cost me 31 pips but IG found the problem and now it's dead fast!

:) :) :) Brilliant

Nice to hear something positive about a spreadbetting company for a change... so many bad stories floating around lately (mostly from inexperienced people who don't realise the way things work i think).

Why spread bet ?
Direct Market Accsess is much better .
Low cost, better fills , good margin rates, and you dont get F**ked over with price manipulation.

I hate spread betting companies

Dont you get screwed on Margin calls ?
I did some quick calcs and worked out that $1M at 1% leverage with 400 lots would wipe you out in only 148 pts. The calcs give 37% loaded against you as opposed to 50:50 under spread betting assuming the SB doesnt block you trading and call before time. I gotthe number verified by a chat session with the Forex company a major major financial org no less. I am not an expert on this though and so do your own checks. Note that I dont trade quite that much !

Dont you get screwed on Margin calls ?
I did some quick calcs and worked out that $1M at 1% leverage with 400 lots would wipe you out in only 148 pts. The calcs give 37% loaded against you as opposed to 50:50 under spread betting assuming the SB doesnt block you trading and call before time. I gotthe number verified by a chat session with the Forex company a major major financial org no less. I am not an expert on this though and so do your own checks. Note that I dont trade quite that much !

GlobalFutures.com Official Website - Futures and Forex Deep Discount Trading Firm

And see what your missing ( probily several thousand a year in over paid quotes commisions