Spread betting at FXCM

MetaQuotes will stop supporting MT4 builds older than 600

Please be advised that after August 1st, MetaQuotes will stop supporting MT4 builds older than 600. After that date clients who use a build older than 600 will receive an "old version" error message and will not be able to access their accounts. Build 600 was released Feb. 3rd 2014 so most MT4 users should have already updated to a newer build. However, if you're still using an old version of MT4, you can get the latest MT4 build (number 670 at the time of this post) from our website.

You can check your MT4 build number on the platform by going to Help and clicking on About.

jVwGKxF.png

For traders with any questions about why MetaQuotes is no longer supporting older builds, this article on their website has more information.

Just a heads up: due to the UK bank holiday on Monday, August 25th trading in UK100 will be closed that day and resume normal trading the following day. Trading hours for other products remain unchanged.

Holiday Trading Hours for September

Below are the holiday trading hours for September. All times below are in GMT.

rDF60Pz.png

Forex trading hours continue as normal. For the holiday rollover interest schedule, please visit the DailyFX Rollover Calendar.

Jason
how about Morocco we don't pay any tax for gambling here

Hi Rambo,

While our spread betting accounts are only available to residents of the UK and Ireland, you can open a non-spread betting account with FXCM. You can ask a local tax professional to determine what tax obligations you might have for trading forex or CFDs, if any.

Since you live in Morocco, you might also be interested to know that FXCM offers websites and customer support in Arabic and French.

i've opened an account now and i notice that account type is CFDDEMO01 is it the same i will use
i register with morocco as a country

i've opened an account now and i notice that account type is CFDDEMO01 is it the same i will use
i register with morocco as a country

Hi Rambo,

What you provided is the demo server name, not the account type. There are many different account types that are on that server. Just to make sure your demo account has the right settings, I've sent you a private message with login details.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Jason

Can you tell me which platforms you offer minimal spread and small commission and whether it is for spereadbetting aswell

thanks

Can you tell me which platforms you offer minimal spread and small commission and whether it is for spereadbetting aswell

thanks

Hi Manuel,

Spread betting accounts will also benefit from FXCM's new pricing, and I will be able to provide you with more details about this in the near future. What I can say at this time is that our new pricing will be available to you on Trading Station, Mirror Trader, MT4 and Ninja Trader.

While we've received lots of feedback from traders excited to make the switch, this transition is being completed region by region 1) to ensure we follow regulatory requirements for due notice to traders which vary by regulator and 2) to ensure an orderly transition within our own system so as not to negatively impact our traders.

Hi Manuel,

Spread betting accounts will also benefit from FXCM's new pricing, and I will be able to provide you with more details about this in the near future. What I can say at this time is that our new pricing will be available to you on Trading Station, Mirror Trader, MT4 and Ninja Trader.

While we've received lots of feedback from traders excited to make the switch, this transition is being completed region by region 1) to ensure we follow regulatory requirements for due notice to traders which vary by regulator and 2) to ensure an orderly transition within our own system so as not to negatively impact our traders.

I am in the UK and would be keen to try it on demo initially on mt4 please advise when this is likely to be available to me.
thanks

Trading Hours for End of Daylight Savings Time in Europe

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will end in Europe on Sunday, October 26th. That means the trading hours for instruments that follow European market times will shift by one hour starting next week. I've highlighted the changes below in yellow.

q9fLzQf.png

Note that Daylight Savings Time does not end in the US until Sunday, November 2nd. That means I will post another update next week that will include further changes to the trading hours of instruments that follow US market times.

Trading Hours for End of Daylight Savings Time in the US

Hi Everyone,

Daylight Savings Time will end in the US on Sunday, November 2nd. That means the trading hours for indices, metals and energy products that follow US market times will shift by one hour starting next week. I've highlighted the changes below in red.

z5erokx.png

Forex Trading Hours

In terms of New York Time, the trading desk will still open at 5pm on Sunday and close at 5pm on Friday as always. However, since New York Time will shift this weekend from GMT-4 to GMT-5, the trading desk hours will also shift by one hour in GMT terms. Starting next week, the trading desk will open at 22:00 GMT on Sunday and close at 22:00 GMT on Friday​

A special note for all MT4 clients on our New York Close servers

The time zone on our New York Close MT4 servers will change this weekend from GMT+3 to GMT+2. In this way, midnight on your MT4 charts will stay in line with the 5pm New York Close. If you have any EAs or indicators that use a GMT offset, please update them to GMT+2 this weekend.​

Hi Jason Rogers,

just want to know if the data feed for FXCM spreadbetting and CFD are exactly the same? or as spreadbetting is technically a bet does that mean FXCM can "set" the price etc...And which would you recommend CFD or S/B....thanks

Thanks

Hi Jason Rogers,

just want to know if the data feed for FXCM spreadbetting and CFD are exactly the same? or as spreadbetting is technically a bet does that mean FXCM can "set" the price etc...And which would you recommend CFD or S/B....thanks

Thanks
also are the spreads the same on CFD and s/b or slightly different?

Hi Fnl2020,

First let me begin by saying the execution at FXCM is identical for both spread betting and non-spread betting accounts. There are no re-quotes, and both account types benefit from the same No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution. Furthermore, the prices available to you are identical for CFDs and spread betting for metals, energy and stock indices.

It's worth noting that for non-spread betting accounts in the UK, FXCM offers raw FX spreads (with no markup) and instead charges a separate commission. However, regulations don't allow commission to be charged on spread betting accounts. So for spread betting accounts, FXCM replaces the commission with an identical markup that's included in the spread. That means, you will see a slightly wider spread on spread betting accounts, but your total transaction cost would still be the same as it would have would have been on a non-spread betting account.

Taking all that into consideration in addition to the special tax-free status for traders in the UK and Ireland afforded by spread betting accounts, I would choose this option personally if I lived in the UK.

Thanks for your reply Jason. Much appreciated. Really liking the fcxm trading station platform. Is there any way of adding real time volume data (for ftse100)? Thanks again

ed miliband say going to review status spreadbetting tax-free if labour win election. think that make difference,

ed miliband say going to review status spreadbetting tax-free if labour win election. think that make difference,

Ouch. However, there are quite a few practical problems in actually implementing it.

And of course, if 95% percent of spreadbetters are losers (or whatever it is), it won't actually net much tax. :)

(Think I might make my last ever tax-free spread-bet on Labour to lose the next election :) ).