Sports Trading Thread.

hhiusa's hall of shame :

European style options cant be closed b4 expiration date !

Exercising an option = closing an option position no difference between the 2 concepts !

Futures positions cant be closed b4 expiration date because you are locked in !

Going long and short the same stock is allowed in an interactive brokers account !

An unrealized loss is not a loss until you close it !

For fcks sake ladies, can you take this bickering to another thread. It's getting in the way of ffsear's (rather good) sports trading stuff.

For fcks sake ladies, can you take this bickering to another thread. It's getting in the way of ffsear's (rather good) sports trading stuff.

Sports trading ?! You mean betting .

:LOL:

Picking a fight with everyone now! Those links I posted were true.

What this wonderful news i hear , is it true that you discovered some discrepancies in US indices calculations ?! :clap:

Sometimes, there is a discrepancy in the prices of certain indices. The reason for the differences between them, is whether or not they are the calculated price or the native price. The native price is not always available and in such instances, the calculated price is quoted. I have set my quotes to prefer native prices when available. If you do not have the required market data, you will only receive the calculated price. The converse is not true. If you are only receiving the calculated price, it is not necessarily because you do not have real time market data.

Real Madrid v Villa real 30 mins left. Lets make a market on the under 2.5 goals.

500 placed each side of the price. My money is at the front of the cue, so i own 1.73 . And i own 1.72.

Attachments

• bf1.png
    bf1.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
By employing the same method several times we can make small profits, but build them up.

Attachments

• BF2.jpg
    BF2.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 162
The risk? A goal could be scored while while i've only been filled on one side of the market. It could go in my favor, it could go against. But with about 20k a minute being matched in the market, the risk is small. It takes around 5-10 seconds for me to get filled on each side.

Obviously if there's a corner, free kick, or one team is on the attack, you pull you orders from the market.

Last edited:
Going to post up a few races (until I have a meeting at 3pm.) Trading at £10 per tick.

1st race, traded the favourite "Seafront" whos race odds moved in from 2.12 to 1.79 pre race market.

Whats the magic number again? £3.74?

223004d1461243414-sports-trading-thread-bf1.jpg

Attachments

• bf1.jpg
    bf1.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 732
Last edited:
2nd race. You can see that the majority of the money has been traded between odds of 2.92 and 2.74. The chart supports this range. So quite simply, back at the higher end of the range and lay it off when the price comes in a couple of ticks. £21.95 green book for this race. How we doing with the £3.74 mark? are we there yet? :LOL:

223006d1461244335-sports-trading-thread-bf1.jpg

Attachments

• bf1.jpg
    bf1.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 818
3rd race. Pretty much exactly the same as the last.. Clear range. Back High, Lay low.

£16.90 on this one,

223010d1461244898-sports-trading-thread-bf3.jpg

Attachments

• bf3.jpg
    bf3.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 786
If the price breaks out of the range, and trades and new odds, thats where you cut your trade and take a loss.

AN example of an open trade...

SO you can see I have backed this horse near the top of its traded range at 5.0, and i have a couple of orders in 4.9 and 4.7 (£100 each) to lay it off when/if price moves back down. If 4.9 gets hit, i make £6.12, if 4.7 gets hit i make a further £14.89

The box on the left shows my profit/loss as the prices moves below or above 5.0. So if this horse where to trade down to say 4.2, I'd make around £40.

223012d1461245718-sports-trading-thread-bf5.jpg

Attachments

• bf5.jpg
    bf5.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
In this case the price broke out to the upside so i cut the trade for a -7.55 loss

223014d1461246057-sports-trading-thread-bf7.jpg

Attachments

• bf7.jpg
    bf7.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 841
Last edited: