spooked by spikes

it was my familly not me
Ooooo fun... Are we pretending to be the people in our names?

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Please to meet you.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

......even if I do dress in a skirt

see we would have you believe the wine is from vineyards but its actually the blood of our vanquished enemies

anyhow...those spikes....pfftt!! :) distant memory now...went short cable at 11:30 still in the gbp/jap..

No it wasn't.

The important thing is the bank reserves

Did something change (or some announcement made) with regard to these then which could have caused a spike?

On the face of it, I prefer Black Swan's explanation.

Black Swan,

Did you catch the EUR/CHF spike the other day?

Did something change (or some announcement made) with regard to these then which could have caused a spike?

Black Swan,

No Mike, I used to trade ten pairs and cut EURO/CHF off the list apporx. 3 weeks back. Given its movements were/are so tiny I felt I was just trading silly Swissie noise, noise even off a 2 hour TF. My successful trades were 10-15 pips, not worth the attention.
However, I do get to see some brilliant swings on USD/CHF and it's nearly always only a 2 pip spread on IG, slightly less on FXCM (spread B or DMA)

I honestly believe they want to run us into the ground.
Not only to ruin things for the tories but they would actually prefer it that way
even if they get back in. Maybe they want a khmer rouge style year zero. It feels like we're on the way to it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_(political_notion)

No less a mortal than Nouriel Roubini suggested last year that in order to re-build the economic mess the more effective route would have been to write off/write down a significant amount of personal debt as opposed to (in effect) writing off inter bank party debts by stabilising them with huge amounts of fresh liquidity. His argument was that it would cleanse the sytem and free up ordinary folk to spend.
However, as we all know debt is the slavery of the free and the real power brokers could not, would never allow that to ever happen on their watch....

No less a mortal than Nouriel Roubini suggested last year that in order to re-build the economic mess the more effective route would have been to write off/write down a significant amount of personal debt as opposed to (in effect) writing off inter bank party debts by stabilising them with huge amounts of fresh liquidity. His argument was that it would cleanse the sytem and free up ordinary folk to spend.
However, as we all know debt is the slavery of the free and the real power brokers could not, would never allow that to ever happen on their watch....

Hi Black Swan,
I was actually thinking about non financial social engineering when I wrote that. However, I think that Nouriel has a point, I keep wondering why after every bout of QE some of it, just a few billions here and there is not pushed into the consumers/taxpayers pockets rather than the banks. It will increase demand on the high street and well, aren't consumers ultimately the taxpayers who will be paying it all back in the end. Give us some!
But you are probably right - debt slavery is the answer why not. And this govt isn ow burning our wicks at both ends, after encouraging getin ginto debt that still needs repaying it increases taxes. This fiat money system is the rip off we are told it is.
Which brings me to a thought I had about trading profits being eaten by inflation.
I'll save it for another time.

Black Swan,

Believe what you want, I'm right

No Mike, I used to trade ten pairs and cut EURO/CHF off the list apporx. 3 weeks back. Given its movements were/are so tiny I felt I was just trading silly Swissie noise, noise even off a 2 hour TF. My successful trades were 10-15 pips, not worth the attention.
However, I do get to see some brilliant swings on USD/CHF and it's nearly always only a 2 pip spread on IG, slightly less on FXCM (spread B or DMA)

Lets see if it's just noise on Dec 16th (next ecb long dated tender if I'm not mistaken). That's been the talked about date for the SNB to wade in with their size twelves again....

message to self; just keep on doing the doing and if the pair is tw@tting about for a few days it may mean there's something gonna happen....like a lurverly 200 + pip drop...

no matter how many times I see them when you get spikes, such as just witnessed on GBP/YEN, GBP/USD, I never fail to get spooked/slightly paralysed...fortunately and it is no more than fortune (although I was in trades according to my plan) I'm was/remain the right side of the trades...still raises the blood presure though...:eek:

Spikes come in all sizes and at all times. If you get stopped, so be it. Get back in when it's over. I would like to be more helpful but it is not possible. I have come to the conclusion that it is best for me to put a trade on for the morning, place a stop, close down the computer for a few hours and check it out later.

Spikes come in all sizes and at all times. If you get stopped, so be it. Get back in when it's over. I would like to be more helpful but it is not possible. I have come to the conclusion that it is best for me to put a trade on for the morning, place a stop, close down the computer for a few hours and check it out later.

I just stay in the trade I'm in according to my rules. If i get busted out that's part of the overall plan too....if you know what I mean.:)