Something for the weekend

With my eyes things often do that anyway....
never mind, if it's really upside down/back to front then 'what happened next' is not necessarily the upside down l-r reflection of the actual history. (Shame, I was hoping to see the short play out when all was revealed... hoping... ;) )
Dave

Helen, just seen your comment,
"I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near this for a trade, too cluttered and uncertain".

That's being sensible, not a wimp.

Having no position IS a position.

Some great replies and differing ideas on how to trade the particular chart.

Helen was correct in spotting that it was one that we used on the TA course on saturday.

The object of the exercise was for the 'stooooodents' to be able to pick out the major trend (not too difficult!) and identify the major levels of support and resistance - which thankfully they all did!

The levels are:

800 = ftse 4000
750 = ftse 4200
700 = ftse 4400, also the current major trend point at the moment

What this thread also highlighted is that once you get beyond trend, support & resistance, trading becomes very 'personal'.

Helen, looking for candlestick charts and CCI etc, Mr Charts, wanting to apply his particular set of indicators and noticing the lack of volume information (which FTSE do not provide).

Personally I have never got on with volume, indicators or anything else, for me it is all about the price action - and I can't live with candlestick charts.

But, without a basic grounding in TSR, the application of indicators 'just cos some one else does it' is frankly, damn dangerous.

If anyone is considering going on any trading related course, the only thing I would say is to make sure you are learning how to use a trading/investing tool, something that you can mould to your personality and trading 'style'. The 'Holy Grail' is a personal thing, you can't buy it off the peg!