So hypothetically what would I need to have a proper bash at this trading lark?

IM seriously gonna look at this stuff

thanks guys.

Anyone got any experience with globalfutures or idealing?

Global futures is an introducing broker , your money will be with RCG or Penson GHCO ...
U could check Mirus futures and Amp futures , seems global futures dont have EUROSWISS

There is schatz but I think you don't really have enough to do that with 1 lot, a few mistakes and you're bummed.

Oi Rabby (mr helpful) and others,

Gonna speak to the IT guy about remote desk top today.

So whats he deal with this FI then. Anyone care to gimme (and the boards in general) a quick outline as to the intra-day behaviour of the diff front month FI contracts?
Why some would be better for me to trade and others lead to quick blow up. Would slippage be a factor on 1 lot?
What moves these markets?*

*I mean these markets specifically as opposed to feed through from other markets.

Last edited:
It says "security" not equity. Is that only for US exchange traded securities, does it apply to all US based brokers and what about individuals who aren't subject to US law i.e. holders of international accounts with a US broker? Anyone?

PDT applies to only U.S. stocks. You can day trade futures, non-US stocks without the $25,000 requirement. So no matter where you live or where your broker is, if you want to day trade U.S. stocks, then you need the $25,000.

Options too apparently

Does the rule apply to day trading options?
Yes. The day trading margin rule applies to day trading in any security, including options.

You could start out on the front month STIRs with no news required whatsoever. Free delayed squawk would be fine. Might I recommend June Euroswiss? No scheduled rate announcements till expiry, so it's perfect tick whoring environemnt (and a tick is worth £17! so even with some money grabbing retail rates of £3.50 a round trip or something evil like that you can do very well out of it)

Yet, it'll still do enough to get you some education on that sort of thing.

What's the attraction to trading Short Term Interest Rates. Do you trade intra day or fixings and edges you have through your pals.

Oi Rabby (mr helpful) and others,

Gonna speak to the IT guy about remote desk top today.

So whats he deal with this FI then. Anyone care to gimme (and the boards in general) a quick outline as to the intra-day behaviour of the diff front month FI contracts?
Why some would be better for me to trade and others lead to quick blow up. Would slippage be a factor on 1 lot?
What moves these markets?*

*I mean these markets specifically as opposed to feed through from other markets.

If you're starting with 1k then your option is front moonth swissy, period.

And on days like today you'd be ****ed cause it basically traded one price only.

Strategy? Well basically pick your levels, stick in bid and offer. If you get filled take a tick. If your level is proved wrong by the one above/below substantially trading, then bid/offer to scratch. If absolutely necessary, stop yourself out. (Semi-obvious warning: do not generalise from this strategy :LOL:)

THAT'S IT.

Seriously. And picking the levels ain't gonna be too hard either...