So forcasters! World cup 1,2,3+4

For a young man Rooney is shot quite frankly. Expect nothing from him, he's not holding back, he's fooked and carrying an extra half a stone atm...*

On the money BS.

I personally don't give a toss about the England football team. I hope they lose and I will be cheering the opposition in every game. I just can't stand the thought of Terry, Ashley Cole, Lamp-post, Ferdinand et al lording it over the whole country and expecting knighthoods if they win.

They are just highly paid and over-hyped pieces of sh1t who deserve to lose.

Come on Spain, Brazil, Argentina etc. etc.

I'd rather have rugby anyway.

On the money BS.

I personally don't give a toss about the England football team. I hope they lose and I will be cheering the opposition in every game. I just can't stand the thought of Terry, Ashley Cole, Lamp-post, Ferdinand et al lording it over the whole country and expecting knighthoods if they win.

They are just highly paid and over-hyped pieces of sh1t who deserve to lose.

Come on Spain, Brazil, Argentina etc. etc.

I'd rather have rugby anyway.

Engerlund supporters; generally folk who support teams who have won fook all/got no history, so they glory hunt with England.

I was a kid when England won in 1966 and we were all excited at the time and loved England winning.

But it was different back then. The players were real people and real men who played for glory and not money.

These days the so called celebrity culture has taken over and the whole thing is a complete turn-off.

I mean, Ashley Cole................ FFS.

Engerlund supporters; generally folk who support teams who have won fook all/got no history, so they glory hunt with England.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sorry that's the funniest thing I've read in a very long time.

To be considered a glory hunter you generally have to support a team that you have no connections to and only support them because they win trophies, i.e someone supporting Man Utd yet they live in Devon, have never been to a match, yet support them because they win trophies.

England have won nothing, since 1966, and never been in a final even. To support your home country is NOT glory hunting.

I think all people who support Brazil are glory hunting. I mean Brazil win lots of trophies, their supporters are just riding on the back of their success. They shouldn't support their home country in one of the biggest sporting competitions in the world, no. They should support another country, Honduras maybe.

I might in fact support Switzerland for this world cup.

Yes I'm a typical as you so eloquently put it "Engerlund" supporter. I have a three lions tattoo adorning the whole of my back, I have a shaved head and wear St. George cross boxers shorts "daaaarn tha pub". I mean this goes without saying for everyone who enjoys football and wants to support their home country right?

Last edited:
Well said Sangfroid
At the end of the day there is a certain amount of luck also involved so it could be anyone
I just hope it's Engerlund that win so i can go and drink 15 Pints of real ale and go mad

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sorry that's the funniest thing I've read in a very long time.

To be considered a glory hunter you generally have to support a team that you have no connections to and only support them because they win trophies, i.e someone supporting Man Utd yet they live in Devon, have never been to a match, yet support them because they win trophies.

England have won nothing, since 1966, and never been in a final even. To support your home country is NOT glory hunting.

I think all people who support Brazil are glory hunting. I mean Brazil win lots of trophies, their supporters are just riding on the back of their success. They shouldn't support their home country in one of the biggest sporting competitions in the world, no. They should support another country, Honduras maybe.

I might in fact support Switzerland for this world cup.

Yes I'm a typical as you so eloquently put it "Engerlund" supporter. I have a three lions tattoo adorning the whole of my back, I have a shaved head and wear St. George cross boxers shorts "daaaarn tha pub". I mean this goes without saying for everyone who enjoys football and wants to support their home country right?

We're talking about the..ahem...cultural aspect of Engerlund supporters, not Brazil or Argentina. And having mixed with Engerlund supporters at Wembley and abroad over many years I can categorically tell you that the majority of 'em that go to England games do not support the top 8 premier clubs and in fact the majority appear to support teams from lower leagues...hope that helps...

Would I reather see my team win the league or cup/s than Engerlund win a trophy? Too fooking right...Newbie Engerlund supporters...w@nkers to a man, caught up in some media driven whipped up hysteria for a week or two..cracks me up tbh..

sangfroidFX;1139544 I think all people who support Brazil are glory hunting. I mean Brazil win lots of trophies said:
Reminds me of the rise of Chelsea ffs...Chelsea who !!!! Chelsea supporters everywhere you go in the country...but all they are is a second div club who got a sponser...joke outfit.

Reminds me of the rise of Chelsea ffs...Chelsea who !!!! Chelsea supporters everywhere you go in the country...but all they are is a second div club who got a sponser...joke outfit.

ultimate irony is that some of the *genuine* Chelsea lads I knew back in the day, that were right up for it on Engerlund away days, can't be ar5ed now Chelsea are big time...

And their players are scum.

Just look at the captain ... Terry.

Complete filth.

Great programme on BBC4 this week, they picked the worst ever England team, some whoppers in it, Michael Ricketts, Carlton Palmer, Tony Daley, Warren Barton, Steve Hodge, Keiron Dyer, Phil Neville..

As a Derby County fan I understand your point, but I truly think that come World Cups / Major tournaments the whole country gets behind the team and not just the die hard lower div fans. Hell even the old woman next door has flags on her car.

I think it's a time for once just once our country can be proud of being English and not be seen as being racist. It's a time that we all come together and share a common interest. Everyone talks about the "game" and what we should be doing. It unites the country for 3 weeks every two years (euros too).

Maybe I'm just talking hippy loving tree hugging bo****ks but this is how I see it. I love the world cup, the atmosphere and everything that comes with it, and no amount of you miserable bas***ds in here will ruin that for me :cool:

Naturally I hide my cynicism from my kids and the kids I've coached, but you're not getting spared...;)

Ok, firstly Capello, he kept the FA dangling until finally exasperated and broken down he relented. He put down the v.expensive renaissance art, he was carefully hanging on the wall of his lake Como 12 bed villa, and announced his terms; will spend less than 4 months a year in the UK, wanted a six mill a year (tax free) salary, his son to be paid 750K as part of the communications team, meaning his total bill and that of his 'entourage' (including first class travel and accomodation) is a net loss to the game of circa £10 mil a year. As a bloke who tried to get 350K off the FA to build a set up for 200 kids in the n-west I can tell you that kind of waste really gets my fookin goat..Oh and by the way, Capello is still under investigation for tax fraud by the Italian authorities...you don't see that in The Sun though eh? as it may upset the sheople..and let's be honest you've got to be some 'player' to get quizzed by Italians on tax evasion..

And how does Capello reward this hubris by the FA? He get's as close to the 'greatest event on earth' (to be held in appalling poverty stricken surroundings ) and begins to sulk like a child re. his new contract, now bearing in mind he's hardly set the world alight that is some front considering he's about as good as Graham Taylor...

Now to England; they have 2 genuine world class players in their correct positions, and by that I mean could walk into any team and make a difference; Rooney and Ashley Cole. Lampard and Terry need a lot of quality around them in order to thrive and Gerrard is now past his (international) best. The best starting line up may have in it the might of; Crouch, Milner, Glen Johnson, Ferdinand, Robert Green, Aaron Lennon, it may even have Carragher in it if Terry and or Rio can't shake off knocks, those seven/eight are very good premiership players but not international quality, to me it's as good a squad as any other tourny, not good enough, in fact it's probably worse than in previous, but at least in previous eras they didn't get the insane levels of wages these pricks now enjoy.

Old pros I know (England internationals) tell me when the average UK wage was 10K per year they were getting 100K per year - ten times average. Now average UK wage is circa 23K the average prem player gets 23K a week...a fookin week!!...and you think they give a fook about wearing those 3 lions with pride or the folks back home?

And for the next 2-3 weeks, or until England are knocked out we'll be subjected to utter bull5hit from pundits, papers and everyone's a 'footy expert' all of a sudden. Any form of mania or mass hysteria sickens me quite frankly, linked to sport and deliberately whipped up by the media in order to engender a feel good factor makes it even more troubling.

I watched the Eng v Jap game yesterday, why the fook would anyone go and see that game is beyond me, but anyhow one moment summed it up for me...at the end of the game the camera showed a right beaut; late 30's, highlights in his fringe, carrying a green Shrek teddy bear with a number ten shirt on.. What a typical fookin newbie fanboy whopper, "heh look, it's my joke, Shrek - Rooney - Number ten... geddit?" Er no, jog on you muppet..

Naturally I hide my cynicism from my kids and the kids I've coached, but you're not getting spared...;)

Ok, firstly Capello, he kept the FA dangling until finally exasperated and broken down he relented. He put down the v.expensive renaissance art, he was carefully hanging on the wall of his lake Como 12 bed villa, and announced his terms; will spend less than 4 months a year in the UK, wanted a six mill a year (tax free) salary, his son to be paid 750K as part of the communications team, meaning his total bill and that of his 'entourage' (including first class travel and accomodation) is a net loss to the game of circa £10 mil a year. As a bloke who tried to get 350K off the FA to build a set up for 200 kids in the n-west I can tell you that kind of waste really gets my fookin goat..Oh and by the way, Capello is still under investigation for tax fraud by the Italian authorities...you don't see that in The Sun though eh? as it may upset the sheople..and let's be honest you've got to be some 'player' to get quizzed by Italians on tax evasion..

And how does Capello reward this hubris by the FA? He get's as close to the 'greatest event on earth' (to be held in appalling poverty stricken surroundings ) and begins to sulk like a child re. his new contract, now bearing in mind he's hardly set the world alight that is some front considering he's about as good as Graham Taylor...

Now to England; they have 2 genuine world class players in their correct positions, and by that I mean could walk into any team and make a difference; Rooney and Ashley Cole. Lampard and Terry need a lot of quality around them in order to thrive and Gerrard is now past his (international) best. The best starting line up may have in it the might of; Crouch, Milner, Glen Johnson, Ferdinand, Robert Green, Aaron Lennon, it may even have Carragher in it if Terry and or Rio can't shake off knocks, those seven/eight are very good premiership players but not international quality, to me it's as good a squad as any other tourny, not good enough, in fact it's probably worse than in previous, but at least in previous eras they didn't get the insane levels of wages these pricks now enjoy.

Old pros I know (England internationals) tell me when the average UK wage was 10K per year they were getting 100K per year - ten times average. Now average UK wage is circa 23K the average prem player gets 23K a week...a fookin week!!...and you think they give a fook about wearing those 3 lions with pride or the folks back home?

And for the next 2-3 weeks, or until England are knocked out we'll be subjected to utter bull5hit from pundits, papers and everyone's a 'footy expert' all of a sudden. Any form of mania or mass hysteria sickens me quite frankly, linked to sport and deliberately whipped up by the media in order to engender a feel good factor makes it even more troubling.

I watched the Eng v Jap game yesterday, why the fook would anyone go and see that game is beyond me, but anyhow one moment summed it up for me...at the end of the game the camera showed a right beaut; late 30's, highlights in his fringe, carrying a green Shrek teddy bear with a number ten shirt on.. What a typical fookin newbie fanboy whopper, "heh look, it's my joke, Shrek - Rooney - Number ten... geddit?" Er no, jog on you muppet..

I'm fooking great me...:LOL: