Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Some fair points in there Alan, respect to for 11 years of what appears to be bull sh*t from the sb companies. How did you recover from the 25k loss ? I lost the same this year and are slowly picking up the pieces.

farking hell. how big is your account?

It was very healthy at one point francis, just dipping my toes back in slowly £1pp on all trades. I lost £25k on the dax at £200pp.

fark!

I use robots and don't trade as high as that.

Im not trading until I find a broker I am happy with.

I trade with IG, and to be fair iv not had any problems with them and personally i think theyre a good outfit. A lot of the problems people post up regarding sb companies iv not experienced with IG which is one of the reasons im staying with them. Altohugh the new quick chart package is pants !

I trade with IG, and to be fair iv not had any problems with them and personally i think theyre a good outfit. A lot of the problems people post up regarding sb companies iv not experienced with IG which is one of the reasons im staying with them. Altohugh the new quick chart package is pants !

A friend of mine had been with IG for approx 8 years. He closed his account, recently, because he was dissatisfied with the amount of slippage that he was getting. He has moved to another SB Co and I hope that he has a better experience there.

I have only found one SB Co, that I would recommend, without hesitation, and that is GFT. I had an account with them for 2 years, before switching to ECN. In that 2 years, I only had one mini dispute re; slippage and I was trading intra-day with them, every day. On one occasion, their server went down and left me in a trade that I couldn't close. They told me that if the trade made money, they would pay me. If it lost, they would scrub it. That's what you call an ethical company.

A friend of mine had been with IG for approx 8 years. He closed his account, recently, because he was dissatisfied with the amount of slippage that he was getting. He has moved to another SB Co and I hope that he has a better experience there.

I have only found one SB Co, that I would recommend, without hesitation, and that is GFT. I had an account with them for 2 years, before switching to ECN. In that 2 years, I only had one mini dispute re; slippage and I was trading intra-day with them, every day. On one occasion, their server went down and left me in a trade that I couldn't close. They told me that if the trade made money, they would pay me. If it lost, they would scrub it. That's what you call an ethical company.

yeah its only GFT i have been advised by an italian trader to use. Now ive spent 4 years getting robots to work in mt4 im a bit stuck unless i have a £50,000 slush fund to get someone a bit better than the buckets.

Wish my experience with them had been so satsfactory.:)

Wish my experience with them had been so satsfactory.:)

Tell us more Ross. I know that this is really an SLM thread but, any information that can help members is worth a lot. This is particularly valuable for novice traders who have yet to experience being buggered with their trousers done up:D

Going from SLM to an ECN broker was like taking a pee at a service station after a really long motorway drive.

A massive relief.

Some fair points in there Alan, respect to for 11 years of what appears to be bull sh*t from the sb companies. How did you recover from the 25k loss ? I lost the same this year and are slowly picking up the pieces.

I set up a pseudo piggy bank and called it Alan Greenspan. I was only trading part time then but, I allocated part of every winning trade to "Alan Greenspan". It took me 7 years to replace, in full, that lost amount. There was a certain irony here, in naming the piggy bank "Alan Greenspan" because, it was his irresponsible statement that caused me to lose most of my trading capital in the first place.

Just opened two accounts with smart live markets, which is now gkfx and also GFT. Will give them both a go over the coming months and see how they fare.

Another point of view.

SML is not my main account so I have not used them too often.

When the server went down I had two trades open. I noticed nothing at all. The first I heard about it was on this thread.

I trade daily and weekly charts. I manage open trades in the evening just before I go to bed. So I guess it was all sorted out by then and had not affected my trades in any way.

Although I play around with small amounts on intraday spread bets, when it comes to my proper trading, at the moment I would only feel comfortable using spread bet companies on the longer t/f.

The original SB format was never really designed with the intension of intraday low t/f trading. But as they developed and technology improved they leaned more and more towards shorter and shorter time frames. I think we are now left with the technology and marketing capability edging ever nearer to lower timeframes with the original underlying business model concept and ethos more suited to its original base of the longer time frame

I agree with that Jason........... with spikes, stops being hit through extreme volatility, wide spreads made even wider by sb constantly changing prices its not an easy thing to do making money intraday. SB is for the longer t/f

Excellent post J, I am giving up on intraday and moving to the monthly charts!

Seriously though , I cannot ever recall reading any collective topics with a good opinion on any spreadbetting company! Whenever I think I've found a better one I then find several posts of disgruntled customers!

What are we to do lol

Excellent post J, I am giving up on intraday and moving to the monthly charts!

Seriously though , I cannot ever recall reading any collective topics with a good opinion on any spreadbetting company! Whenever I think I've found a better one I then find several posts of disgruntled customers!

What are we to do lol

Monthly - what a cowboy!(n)
Quarterly is where it's at!

Having some problems on the demo. BRENT and WTI are not updating. Everything else is OK. Just these two. Anyone else having problems?

Having some problems on the demo. BRENT and WTI are not updating. Everything else is OK. Just these two. Anyone else having problems?

demo is not a fair representation of live with anyone. If you speak to a decent broker they will actually tell you to go on their own live account.

I have a live account and it is the same. For me at the moment WTI and BRENT have not updated since 14:00. There was a nice pin on the 15 min but nothing since. Neither the charts not the ticker show any changes. The ticker for both is greyed out. All other charts are updating properly.