Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroon View Post
My experience, I blew my account today, ( I'll be trading 10p pips for a while). I'm a good SLM customer
Oh...

Yep blew my first account trading Brent at £5 a pip with no S/L over night, I did it. £500, of which SLM gave me £300 back the evil barstewards, they should have returned twice that!

In the last four months I've doubled a grand, small potatoes but i'm confident enough to increase my equity at this time.

BS (Black Swan that is, not bullshi88er, heaven forbid) this company has loads of happy bunnies and a few moaning but persistent EA using numpties who can't get it through their heads they're with the wrong broker for the job, is this you? Or do you have some other specific gripe. Given, as you put it, "no one gives a fook about them" I'll be most surprised if you give the time to answer... but then again....

And while you're at it maybe you could recommend a broker or website we may find useful, we'll be sure to tell them who sent us, or maybe a little pet project of your own you've been working on. I don't mind having a look, it's bound to be full of unbiased, level headed gold, but I'll only pay a small subscription, I tell ya now.

Last edited:
As a committed sock puppet, where can I sign for this SML outfit?

Dunno mate, they've changed name, binned the old company and ID..who cares..

They tried it on with their meta trader plug in and failed, in epic fashion. A few stragglers with unhinged misplaced loyalty remain whilst they're busily trying to flog the scuzzy database...:rolleyes:

Dunno mate, they've changed name, binned the old company and ID..who cares..

They tried it on with their meta trader plug in and failed, in epic fashion. A few stragglers with unhinged misplaced loyalty remain whilst they're busily trying to flog the scuzzy database...:rolleyes:

True, I looked through the window of their offices and it was dreadful. They all had their ties knotted round their heads like rambo and it was getting nasty. Bit like Lord of the Flies. I think the MD was tied to a chair and they were trying to light him. Also some of the lower grades seem to have gone feral.

I had a close call there, thanks chaps.

Last edited:
got slipped 21 points on USDCHF this morning - yes i have contacted SLM to ask why.

the fact i made the below today does not in any way affect how i feel about being slipped.

USDCHF Pips: 1849.7

I'm sticking with SLM.

Only had a few issues around news but bar that no trouble at all. I shouldn't have any issues though because im trading 4hr+ timeframes.

Not found anything to trump them yet based on spreads and ease of use, and believe me i've tried.

Slipped on the most volatile day in the USDCHF in the history of humanity. Totally unacceptable!
I hope you print their response (remove the swear words if poss :D )

Nice work on the trade btw

yes because it wasn't volatile before 9am GMT

and you didn't ask where i was slipped or what time.

I was slipped 10 minutes before the news.

That is unacceptable.

currently over + 2000 pips on USDCHF
+124 points on DAX

so far.

What prompted you get go long USD/CHF?

I had a sniff at a double bottom on the 4hr EUR/CHF but didn't act.

Very nice trade for those that got it.

I currently have positions in UK stocks with slm and due to the recent Market sell off it looks like I'll be holding those positions for a while. The name change has worried me slightly, do you think Iam safe holding the positions for possibly years.

I currently have positions in UK stocks with slm and due to the recent Market sell off it looks like I'll be holding those positions for a while. The name change has worried me slightly, do you think Iam safe holding the positions for possibly years.

As you ask, no. I think anyone holding positions for years should just buy the shares through a broker.

not as shocking as being slipped 20 pips BEFORE the snb 1.2 announcement @ 9.00 London on USDCHF by Smart Live Markets / GKFX / Global Kapital FX

20 ****ing pips!

Yes I think you mentioned that about 4 posts up.

So we had mini consolidation from 8:45 BST, a 60 pip candle at 8:50. You said you bought because price was going up so I guess it was here with a market order? Then consolidation till blast off at 9:00BST.

If we lived in a world where we got paid for slippage I think you have found the perfect strategy :D.

You said you had contacted SLM, what was their response to this incident?

Hi Everyone,

A few more facts for Francis. I tried my noobie news trader again this morning at 9:30:

SLM/GKFX - Slipped 0.3 pips - Made money
Alpari UK - Slipped 0.8 pips - Broke even
MBT UK - Slipped 9.0 pips - Lost money

Very small size!

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Everyone,

A few more facts for Francis. I tried my noobie news trader again this morning at 9:30:

SLM/GKFX - Slipped 0.3 pips - Made money
Alpari UK - Slipped 0.8 pips - Broke even
MBT UK - Slipped 9.0 pips - Lost money

Very small size!

Cheers,

Jim

so you have proved that you get slippage when you spread bet, where to now?