Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

I've been getting requotes as well - I got in a trade last week 10 points worse than what I wanted after about 5 requotes. Small money but annoying none the less. Rest of the service has been fine though.

Shame about the requotes, they want no business from real traders then, only noobs with 1k accounts to feed off. Proves they don't hedge your trades and rely off the losses for profit - I suggest all move on.

''Fair enough Chris but I think you missed my point. If you're not happy with the service, post your experience and move on. I visit this thread maybe once a month and the same voices are making the same complaints and I just don't get it. I can only believe there is more to it I'm afraid, because to trade with someone you don't rate simply makes no sense.''

Your absolutely right mate, if your not happy with the service move on, and i've decided that i am going back to ETX Capital. Their spreads are a little wider, but their execution is great and their customer servide is fantastic, dont know why i got lured away in the first place.
I advise anyone not happy with SLM to dump MT4 and move over to ETX, their charts are pretty good too. This doesnt help anyone who uses EA's to trade, but then again, if your using EA's you'll be losing money whoever you trade with.

Your absolutely right mate, if your not happy with the service move on, and i've decided that i am going back to ETX Capital. Their spreads are a little wider, but their execution is great and their customer servide is fantastic, dont know why i got lured away in the first place.

I found ETX fine for execution in terms of speed and lack of rejections, but they were poor for slippage - which isn't obvious unless you check carefully.
And Advanced Charts were good when they worked, which was about 50/50. Never did sort that out.

"Fair enough Chris but I think you missed my point. If you're not happy with the service, post your experience and move on. I visit this thread maybe once a month and the same voices are making the same complaints and I just don't get it. I can only believe there is more to it I'm afraid, because to trade with someone you don't rate simply makes no sense."

Is everything so back or white for you?

Personally, I have had problems with SLM, I have greatly reduced my trading with them and moved to forex brokers (reluctantly because I do not want to pay tax).

I am hoping that SLM will improve and I can move my trading back to spread betting. If they could provide reliable, fast execution with fewer re-quotes they would clean up in the UK.

I use IG, GFT, ETX and SLM.
My favourite is easily SLM.

I suspect there are some rival firms on this thread playing their part.

Absolutely not, they don't need to, SLM is taking care of it themselves, and by the way SLM is a very small player, so their competitors need not worry too much. I been following and trading with SLM from the start. If you trade instruments with little more spread you might be fine. If you trade indices with narrow spread, so far SLM has not been able to cope with the simplest task of delivering a basic execution practice. I like the MT4 platform and they are a fresh new player in the industry, but they have to get their act together, otherwise I don't see them being around too long.

been trading Live with SLM again over the past few weeks and seen no issues whatsoever. I will continue to use them !

I disagree, never known a series of complaints versus one broker in such a short space of time from members. But hey, wtf, who cares, if folks want to continue 'donating', hoping they'll get more charitable, then knock yourself out..:)

I've been trading FTSE, DOW, Oil, Gold and Fx. all positions opened manually, occasional re-quote. to be fair though I am holding for 3-4 hours so not scalping

Hello
Yes indeed there are.
We are liaising with Trade2win in light of the recent court case involving Twitter.
Genuine comments (good or bad) are always welcome, although I do wish people would also let us know directly if they are having any problems.

MT4 is a beast. It has many advantageous points, but also a lot of draw backs.
It is not as light and simple to use as some web based spread betting platforms and at times is not as forgiving.

We will continue to improve our service and offering to our clients with some quite innovative things coming in the next few weeks. But I fully appreciate that no matter what we do we will never please everyone, particularly those who work for the opposition!

Regards

Paul
SLM

Hello
Yes indeed there are.
We are liaising with Trade2win in light of the recent court case involving Twitter.
Genuine comments (good or bad) are always welcome, although I do wish people would also let us know directly if they are having any problems.

It is not as light and simple to use as some web based spread betting platforms and at times is not as forgiving.

We will continue to improve our service and offering to our clients with some quite innovative things coming in the next few weeks. But I fully appreciate that no matter what we do we will never please everyone, particularly those who work for the opposition!

Regards

Paul
SLM

Who are these moles, then?

Hello
Yes indeed there are.
It is not as light and simple to use as some web based spread betting platforms and at times is not as forgiving.We will continue to improve our service and offering to our clients with some quite innovative things coming in the next few weeks. But I fully appreciate that no matter what we do we will never please everyone, particularly those who work for the opposition!

Regards

Paul
SLM

That's sophist clap trap, nice try but zero out of ten..

Fact is youve used the plug in and been rumbled..now youre blaming anyone rather than accepting that your bizarre business model, "give em Metatrader for spread betting and the mugs will think they're getting something cool, when in reality it's the easiest way to squeeze 'em for a few pips ever invented" is fatally flawed.

I have had no problems with re-quotes. I get a lot more re-quotes with IG than SLM.
Please tell us what you are trading and what kind of orders? Otherwise it is hard to form an opinion of your post. Some seems to get good execution, while others don't, my question is why?

Please tell us what you are trading and what kind of orders? Otherwise it is hard to form an opinion of your post. Some seems to get good execution, while others don't, my question is why?

No disrespect intended to anyone on this thread but IMHO they want pocket money traders who won't 'kick off' much when it goes tits up..