Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

my PC appears to have bitten the dust :( gutted
anyway, using a friends pc for a few days, but cant seem to find a link to put smartlive metatrader on this PC??
Cant find a simple 'downloa program' on their site?

Oh well - back to connection error 6 on Friday. I thought it might be fixed, but seems they just forgot to hit the 'screw up 6:15 trades' button. Didn't make any difference this time.

PEOPLE! GOT THIS MESSAGE TODAY FROM SLM:

We just had a problem with our internet connection.

We switched over to an emergency price feed during that time.

During that time you dealt, either knowingly or not, on a an incorrect or latent price in AudCad.

This seems to be something you like to do a lot.

I am invoking our Manifest Error rule on that last trade, and removing £70 from your account.

See section 27 of our Terms of Business.
If you continue to trade in this manner I will close your account.

Regards

Paul Hare
Compliance Officer

seems to me they dont like the way i trade!

There's a hundred ways to trade the market, and the only one I ever knew a spreadbetting bookie approved of was one that lined their pockets.

So, autt86, do you regularly look for arbitrage opportunities in SLM's inability to provide live market prices?

They seem to be accusing you very strongly of doing something you shouldn't. I am intrigued.

Personally, I am still considering whether to fund my account properly. Common-sense tells me I should look for a futures broker and pay the tax instead.

So let's get this straight: SLM's platform stops working and makes errors, but somehow they think their clients should be responsible?

So let's get this straight: SLM's platform stops working and makes errors, but somehow they think their clients should be responsible?

That sounds like the crux of it.

I think SLM are slowly proving that there is only one type of spreadbetter, those that thrive on the losing 90%.

Perhaps someone from SLM could come on here and explain to their customers what they mean by autt86 "liking to do something a lot" and how the error could have been caused by him intentionally. :rolleyes:

i couldnt believe i got an email asking to me to trading the way i do.
I do look for arbitrage opportunities and the only reason why i got a warning from SLM is because i am winning! thats why they dont like what i am doing.
nothing on the terms of business that said i can not use arbitrage

Last edited:
i couldnt believe i got an email asking to me to trading the way i do.
I do look for arbitrage opportunities and the only reason why i got a warning from SLM is because i am winning! thats why they dont like what i am doing.
nothing on the terms of business that said i can not use arbitrage

Next they'll be telling me I can't scalp the 5 min timeframe!

I don't think they have a time restriction on scalping but the best way to find out is to
e-mail them.

I guess you found out the answer then :)

I would hate to inadvertantly make money on a trade only to find out later via way of a ****ty email that they had lost connection and wanted the winnings back.

I am with you Simon, decided to use proper STP brokers and declare the profits.
Interesting results when comparing the difference in profits on demo.

First time in one day but today I got at least 10 re-quotes even on a small move ?

Also had two drops of No Connection

Not my end I got super fast broadband. Not have the best time of it at the mo so I don't need this on top

First time in one day but today I got at least 10 re-quotes even on a small move ?

Not my end I got super fast broadband. Not have the best time of it at the mo so I don't need this on top

I only got 1 day without the Connection error 6 JD - after that it's been back regular. I'm guessing they forgot to turn it on that day :LOL:

Are you trading a large size and taking a lot of money of them? I haven't had any problems yet, but maybe that's because I trade a small size

I'm LIVE

Had only ONE re-quote all week :clap:

And on a news trade got out with profit on a spike (y)

No complaints from me............yet :LOL: :LOL:

I'm thinking of opening an account, the main thing that appeals is the the low bet size on US shares.

I'm a bit worried from a quick scan of the posts that they and their systems sound a bit of a shambles.

Would you guys recommend opening an account and trading with them?

Anybody with experience trading US stock with SLM?