Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Just spoke to Jason at SLM all servers down but on the case up soon.

I'm sure if you have suffered financially they will cover you, but don't moan call them 0207 747 5222
+44 if your out of the UK.

Just another reason why I stop trading on Fridays at 12 :smart:

What exactly is the other reason you stop trading on Friday, because SLM servers are likely to go down?

yea doing 12hr shifts at the mo , messed things up a bit .....is it not easy to have your own taxi firm ? , i was thinkin about doing it myself .

Hmm their website is down as well.

Just spoke the SLM again

Seems its not there end but BT

Asked if my money is safe lol I said "Your not packing up the office"

Ben said No with a shaky voice

I told him forums going mad, He said I can imagine. I said doesn't look good and he agreed but was very apologetic.

I asked for my own piece of mind, can traders visit the office to meet the names on the phone like Jason and Ben, and they said yes.

Think they are just a victim of BT and seems like there are crapping there self's. I told him its gonna cost ya a few qiud and he said no doubt.

Once again great customer service :)

But I understand if your in a position a nightmare but if I was you and if you have not done it already call 0207 747 5222 to close your positions and sort out refunds later. Make sure you have all your records ready

Hey as I type platform open !!!!!!!

they are back on line!!!!!

I spoke to them an hour or so ago and got the same, very apologetic and offered to close any orders over the phone.

I wonder if there will be any compensation?

I wonder if there will be any compensation?

If anyone thinks they lost out call them TONIGHT !!!!

They I'm sure will compensate you as from my experience have done in the past

UNLIKE SOME OTHER BROKERS I COULD MENTION

But that is liable lol

To be fair I've never had a trading problem with SLM(until today). Every time I've called up (all 3 times) they have been super helpful and never passed to the correct department.

I still think they are the best broker I've had

I like the demo so far,bit scary though servers going down, luckily late Friday not too bad.
How often has this happened? I was thinking of going live soon..

Last edited:
technical problems happen links going down is pretty rare but it does happen it only takes an optic link and most of those are shared because of the capacity available. It's possible it affected a number of businesses not just SLM.

Having previously worked as a programmer for a number of investment banks, I can tell you that things do go wrong, but there are always contingency plans.

There are backup servers, backup internet lines, backup power supplies, backup data centres, backup exchange connections.

If software went down, traders would be shouting down the phone and we would bust a gut to get everything back pronto.

Professional traders need professional infrastructure and tools. Anything less is unacceptable. Unless you like losing money of course.

Now are SLM a professional outfit???