Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Thanks for the pointers regarding deposits... As far as mobile trading goes, quite agree, but it is still very useful to monitor opened positions while on the move, and Capital Spreads or IG Index seem to have a perfectly adequate App for this, just wondered why this SLM App is so horrendous...?

I looked into this a few months ago.

If you can find an app that is reliable and functional the phone won't have the power to run it at a decent speed. The general consensus of opinion was to get an phone app that connects remotely and securely to your PC at home. The app is small and therefore fast, and your using your familiar platform and the application. The only problem is the small screen vs big screen.

get an phone app that connects remotely and securely to your PC at home. The app is small and therefore fast, and your using your familiar platform and the application. .

This sounds interesting ... ANy suggestions on the iPad platform? GotomyPC or something similar?

haven't tried it out in anger yet - but I have set up a VPS with MT running on it and connect from a MAC using RDC without any problem - there are free apps on the store to do the same thing from an iPad, I've downloaded one called RDP it logs on fine and appears to work ok

Price Gaps

Here's a comparison of the 5 minute EURCAD on SLM vs FXPro during Cad news today.

As you can see, SLM's price feeds couldn't keep up, whilst FX Pro did.

Profitable trade for me, but server price gaps another annoyance I am finding during my live evaluation.

Attachments

• SLM_vs_FXPro_price_gap.jpg
    SLM_vs_FXPro_price_gap.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 223
Re: Price Gaps

Here's a comparison of the 5 minute EURCAD on SLM vs FXPro during Cad news today.

As you can see, SLM's price feeds couldn't keep up, whilst FX Pro did.

Profitable trade for me, but server price gaps another annoyance I am finding during my live evaluation.

Lots of price gaps, spikes, price freezes and server disconnections on SLM.

Its a 10p per pip SB broker - you get what you pay for right?

Just spoke to Jason at SLM all servers down but on the case up soon.

I'm sure if you have suffered financially they will cover you, but don't moan call them 0207 747 5222
+44 if your out of the UK.

Just another reason why I stop trading on Fridays at 12 :smart:

Just spoke to Jason at SLM all servers down but on the case up soon.

I'm sure if you have suffered financially they will cover you, but don't moan call them 0207 747 5222
+44 if your out of the UK.

Just another reason why I stop trading on Fridays at 12 :smart:

Sorry JD but I want to do both (call them and moan). Why did you call if you are not in a trade?

Also another reason why you SHOULD have a Stop Loss, Take Profit Target and the broker phone number stored into your phone :smart:

Also another reason why you SHOULD have a Stop Loss, Take Profit Target and the broker phone number stored into your phone :smart:

I second that.

Also good idea to have something that emails you if the broker connection fails. for example use MT4i publisher and MT4i account monitor - it will send you an email if publisher has not published for a configurable time (I configure it as 15 minutes).

anyone else getting 'no connection' with smartlive at the moment?

edit: didn't read the posts previous to mine....so the servers are all down...