Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

During my 10p to 2 pounds per pip betting, it worked well apart from some bout of requoting incidents. I mentioned to SLM and the excellent execution continued. They did not mention what they had changed but I did not have requotes after that.

Moving on to 2 pounds to 5 pounds range, I found very different. I am not implying that scaling up is an issue as I simply do not trade enough (maybe once or twice a day, no trades left open over night). Has anyone else found any difference depending on trade size?

Thanks t.ph and jimmc, sorted now.

Twinj, you wrote "But to top it off, I was accused of trading on a stale price", did they email you to accuse you?

I don't trade around news specifically but a price freeze would be frustrating if trying to close out trades that are already open.
Reading the Forex morning trade thread it appears quite a few have closed their SLM accounts recently.

Perhaps accuse is to stronger word, but they wrote:

Any attempted deals on stale prices will be rejected straight away by SLM.

I emailed them first to say that price had frozen so I could not get a trade executed. I was certainly not trying to trade deliberately on a stale price. I had waited a long time in the GBPUSD to reverse. So as my indicators suggested going in long. I went in perhaps at 14:16 and order in process. Then you realise the price had frozen. Not getting a trade through after waiting hours is frustrating. You cannot expect a client to think like is the price stale or not, if so I should phone. When you are about to go in, such things cloud your judgement.

Perhaps accuse is to stronger word, but they wrote:

Any attempted deals on stale prices will be rejected straight away by SLM.

I emailed them first to say that price had frozen so I could not get a trade executed. I was certainly not trying to trade deliberately on a stale price. I had waited a long time in the GBPUSD to reverse. So as my indicators suggested going in long. I went in perhaps at 14:16 and order in process. Then you realise the price had frozen. Not getting a trade through after waiting hours is frustrating. You cannot expect a client to think like is the price stale or not, if so I should phone. When you are about to go in, such things cloud your judgement.

Why not just put a limit order in? Then the ball is in their court.

I could use limit orders but I am used to market orders and they are not as fiddly. Limit order requires you to adertise your entry and it takes time to type in a figure. Plus I cannot be certain of the movements around news time.

Anyway, this is a matter of preference.

I could use limit orders but I am used to market orders and they are not as fiddly. Limit order requires you to adertise your entry and it takes time to type in a figure. Plus I cannot be certain of the movements around news time.

Anyway, this is a matter of preference.

It's a fallacy to believe that brokers care about your limits/stops. They are not the ones who take your money. They may be able to cause small price discrepancies or spikes out of peak hours, but that will eventually reflect on their reputation.

It's the big banks who target your stops, they don't target you as an individual but rather the retail trader public as a whole. Brokers just profit off the back of the primary dealers manipulation.

Thanks SimonK for your comment. It is just my preference to use market orders.

Just to be clear, I have not written that SLM do malicious things to limit orders and I believe that from my experience, I have been stopped out fairly. One experience albeit with a small bet was that I was just a fraction of a pip away and it turned into a large profit.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be great if SBs had a big message that flashed up: STALE PRICE: DO NOT TRADE so we'd know what to do?:)

Only monday? Give it time!

Well since this Monday this time around, had a LIVE account sometime. They had a problem about a year ago with re-quotes but in my experience seems they have sorted the issue.

But in preparation of trading LIVE and taking this as my business I upgraded my computer and upgraded internet connection.

If your trading off a dongle and using and old computer would do you expect lol

images

Well since this Monday this time around, had a LIVE account sometime. They had a problem about a year ago with re-quotes but in my experience seems they have sorted the issue.

But in preparation of trading LIVE and taking this as my business I upgraded my computer and upgraded internet connection.

If your trading off a dongle and using and old computer would do you expect lol

images

You saying there's something wrong with my Sinclair Spectrum?!

Just opened a live account, but two fairly significant problems ...
1. Despite two emails and a communication via the terminal, there seems no obvious way to deposit any money!!!
2. The iPad or iPhone app is dreadful - very very slow, wont load properly, and wont accept login detail.

Anyone else having these problems?

Just opened a live account, but two fairly significant problems ...
1. Despite two emails and a communication via the terminal, there seems no obvious way to deposit any money!!!
2. The iPad or iPhone app is dreadful - very very slow, wont load properly, and wont accept login detail.

Anyone else having these problems?

Let me address point 2.
YOU SHOULD NOT BE TRADING OF AN iPad OR iPhone ! :smart:

Point 1.
To deposit you have to go the the website: http://www.smartlivemarkets.co.uk/Index.aspx
Right side at top see Login
Login details should be emailed to you
If not hit LIVE help and explain you want to deposit

To withdraw you need a code which will be posted so if you want to deposit then quickly withdraw it ain't gonna happen.

Failing all that

PICK UP THE PHONE
images

:LOL:

Let me address point 2.
YOU SHOULD NOT BE TRADING OF AN iPad OR iPhone ! :smart:

images

:LOL:

Thanks for the pointers regarding deposits... As far as mobile trading goes, quite agree, but it is still very useful to monitor opened positions while on the move, and Capital Spreads or IG Index seem to have a perfectly adequate App for this, just wondered why this SLM App is so horrendous...?