Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Does anyone know how long account history details (deposits and trades) are visible for?

I see all my account history on my live account has been deleted and started again from this morning.

Does anyone know if there is a way of setting MT4 so that when I open a new chart it defaults to a template and time period of my choice?

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a way of setting MT4 so that when I open a new chart it defaults to a template and time period of my choice?

Thanks
I picked up this reply from another forum, so thanks to whoever wrote it, but this should do the trick.

'What you need to do is set the template you want for all the charts, then save your workspace as a new profile. File > Profiles > Save As...

Then load up that profile when you start the program.'

Thanks

Try setting up a new chart the way you want, then save that as a template with the name "default", then click yes when asked if you want to replace it, as it already exists.

Just got my live account and so far happy with the execution. Beats IG's delay of 1-2 seconds today anyway.

Does anyone know if there's a way to access a Smart Live account on MT4 for Windows mobile?

I got a paid for version of the program, so I have a list of 30 or so brokers, but not Smart Live.

Maybe a representative could let us know if there are any plans to provide a feed?
Or maybe there's another way to access the account, like a remote desktop?

Just got my live account and so far happy with the execution. Beats IG's delay of 1-2 seconds today anyway.

Does anyone know if there's a way to access a Smart Live account on MT4 for Windows mobile?

I got a paid for version of the program, so I have a list of 30 or so brokers, but not Smart Live.

Maybe a representative could let us know if there are any plans to provide a feed?
Or maybe there's another way to access the account, like a remote desktop?

Hi

At the moment we only have MT4 available for a PC and a mobile version on the iPhone and Android.

We are looking at a Windows based solution at present.

Regards
SLM

Hi

At the moment we only have MT4 available for a PC and a mobile version on the iPhone and Android.

We are looking at a Windows based solution at present.

Regards
SLM

I think it would be quite easy for you to implement, and it's the only downside when comparing you to the likes of IG and GFT. Looking forward to seeing something soon.

>Just got my live account and so far happy with the execution. Beats IG's delay of 1-2 seconds today anyway.

They seem to have issues with their server early in the morning - watch out couple of hours around 6am UK time.

>Just got my live account and so far happy with the execution. Beats IG's delay of 1-2 seconds today anyway.

They seem to have issues with their server early in the morning - watch out couple of hours around 6am UK time.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out, although I only trade from London open onwards.

Has anyone tried to use EA's designed for MT4 FX brokers with SLM? I am thinking they wont work properly because lots and minilots arent used.

Has anyone tried to use EA's designed for MT4 FX brokers with SLM? I am thinking they wont work properly because lots and minilots arent used.

Most of them work OK. You just need to test for the correct settings. In general 1 lot = £1pp. 1 minilot = 10p per point. Just use the strategy tester to work it out.

Most of them work OK. You just need to test for the correct settings. In general 1 lot = £1pp. 1 minilot = 10p per point. Just use the strategy tester to work it out.

ok thanks - ill have a go. Has anyone tried forex megadroid?

I've tried Forexoverdrive which doesn't work with SLM but works on an Alpari demo. Why I don't know, and neither do support at Forexoverdrive.

I've tried Forexoverdrive which doesn't work with SLM but works on an Alpari demo. Why I don't know, and neither do support at Forexoverdrive.

It might not be the EA. I have given up running EAs with SLM (I even had a rented VPS). Everything was working fine then most of the EAs just stopped trading or just took 1 valid trade out of 4 or 5. I always apply a template for the EA to a chart so i can visually see setups. On the live i noticed hardly any of the trades i saw on the template actually got traded. On Demo the results were different again.

I think SLM have changed the data feed and basically the data is crap or incmplete. Most EAs need pretty good tick data to run (think about backtesting modelling quality).