Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Hi folks,

Bumping my post in case someone can help. Didn't want it to get missed in the excitement of the last 24 hours re. the spike.

thanks.

I think SLM use Forexonthego. Hopefully that will help you a bit. Also, don't be afraid to ring them as they are very helpful I find.

the spike that never was, what nonsense it was plain to see and it was on SB Demo and Live. Some people got it some didn't but when it actually stops out a live trade it isn't really a laughing matter, just because it wasn't on your account doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why defend these people if they're targetting some accounts and not others? If it happens again I'll be burning Paul's ears for sure.

Reactions: tar
Ooo sophisticated reply.

Still chuckling that you think an indicator can make a candle go haywire and also get prices triggered from it.

All the people saying report to SLM. I did and they said a problem with their feed. Must be a huge problem if only a certain amt are getting the spike on sb feeds.

This thread is about experiences of SLM is it not? Am I only supposed to post nice things here?

Here is why I thought that, you never mentioned that prices went haywire so there for I came to that conclusion.

Your right this thread is about experiences with SLM and no you can post the good, the bad and the ugly here if you like but you tried to mock without either reading my post fully or explaining yourself properly.

Last edited:
Here is why I thought that, you never mentioned that prices went haywire so there for I came to that conclusion.

Your right this thread is about experiences with SLM and no you can post the good, the bad and the ugly here if you like but you tried to mock without either reading my post fully or explaining yourself properly.

You forgot to blank out your a/c number on your toolbar.

Anyone else got disconnected from MT4?

Was trading until 10:15 when I was disconnected. Internet works fine on laptop and desktop.

No reply from the helpdesk which is unusual, usually much quicker.

Did you rescan the servers?

Yes.
I spent some time on the telephone with a helpful person at SLM and he even took over the PC remotely to try and get connected but was unable to a few hours ago.
He is looking into the problem.

Since buying a laptop the platform has been working perfectly and was great until about 10:15 this morning.
All sites on the internet load, email works fine as does the telephone.

I tried on the desktop and all works fine except SLM wont connect.
Alpari MT4 works fine on both laptop and desktop.

Very strange why it would suddenly disconnect after days of being fine.
This is not a log in problem as the platform normally connects before log in and SLM have tried logging in with their passwords too.

They can log into my account from their PC so something has happened my end to disconnect me but only from SLM MT4 and nothing else.

Yes.
I spent some time on the telephone with a helpful person at SLM and he even took over the PC remotely to try and get connected but was unable to a few hours ago.
He is looking into the problem.

Since buying a laptop the platform has been working perfectly and was great until about 10:15 this morning.
All sites on the internet load, email works fine as does the telephone.

I tried on the desktop and all works fine except SLM wont connect.
Alpari MT4 works fine on both laptop and desktop.

Very strange why it would suddenly disconnect after days of being fine.
This is not a log in problem as the platform normally connects before log in and SLM have tried logging in with their passwords too.

They can log into my account from their PC so something has happened my end to disconnect me but only from SLM MT4 and nothing else.

Have you tried deleting and then reinstalling the the software? I'm sure you would have but just checking.

Yes Dubai I rescanned the server.
Yes JD I deleted the software and downloaded it again.

I just want to say that the guy at SLM was very helpful, we went through a few procedures and he was as stumped as me.
I believe he said he would contact MT4 to see if they had any suggestions.

It is a shame because the platform had been running so well with the laptop.
Strange why I could not connect to the platform on the laptop and the desktop and even more so because I can connect to Alpari MT4.

I would rather stick with SLM and I want to eventually open a live account with them if we can sort the problem out as they are based in the UK and allow spreadbetting unlike in the USA.

I am asking everyone I can if they have experienced something similar so will let you know the outcome.

Are you based in the USA ?

If so you IP to SML could be blocked as its illegal for USA customers to Spread Bet on UK sites. Well I thinks that right :confused:

Yes Dubai I rescanned the server.
Yes JD I deleted the software and downloaded it again.

I just want to say that the guy at SLM was very helpful, we went through a few procedures and he was as stumped as me.
I believe he said he would contact MT4 to see if they had any suggestions.

It is a shame because the platform had been running so well with the laptop.
Strange why I could not connect to the platform on the laptop and the desktop and even more so because I can connect to Alpari MT4.

I would rather stick with SLM and I want to eventually open a live account with them if we can sort the problem out as they are based in the UK and allow spreadbetting unlike in the USA.

I am asking everyone I can if they have experienced something similar so will let you know the outcome.

Hi.

What security software have you got on both your computers?
Antivirus, firewall and any others.

I have had some that allow the program to run but silently block them having network access, I usually try to prove this by disabling them and trying to run the software again.

Jon.