Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

yep. Connection gone again...

Hi
We use a huge company called ESET to provide our Antivirus software.
This afternoon they sent out an automatic update to all their customers.
This caused every server in the world with their software to crash.
They immediately realised what they had done and rolled back to the previous version.
The server is up now.

I can only apologise but what more can I say.
Heads will roll for this one !

Regards
SLM

But I tell you what we will do for readers of this blog on Trade 2Win. Anyone who opens a spread betting account with us in September will qualify for the £300 cash back offer for the month of September. The details of which will work exactly the same as the offer for August, which can be found on the following link.

http://www.smartlivemarkets.co.uk/Offer.aspx

Regards
SLM

Sent email & a PM regarding September offer

Ok they have given me the £300 offer so I will trade again from next week on SLM. Will let you know how I get on.

Hey guys who is up for this:
Wednesday deposit £150 trade over September where SLM will cover losses and see who comes out on top ?

Oh no another problem - historical data.

The data around March - May 2010 (roughly) is all wrong on weekly (and maybe daily in places) timeframe on the SLM MT4 feed. Ok it's weekly data but I then wonder how this affects other timeframes and whether this can then happen anywhere on any frame.

It's happening on FX and indices, maybe others.

Please could someone confirm if they see obvious mistakes? It really is obvious, like duplicate candles side by side and all weird gaps and stuff!! Indicators, price action, support & res, basically everything wont work properly with bad data.

The worst one I've seen is the DJ30 market, weekly bars, pretty much for that whole period I said earlier, with between 1st - 10th May 2010 bars being ridiculously bad!! Please look at the attached pic.

Anyone else getting this kinda thing? I understand weekly may mean nothing to many of you guys and gals, but if it's there (anywhere!) then where else is there bad data?

Thanks

TOC

Attachments

• SLM data.bmp
    468.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
yes I have the same issue with Double candles on my Gold chart and some others. Not sure what is causing this ? :eek:

What's weird actually if you look at the pic I uploaded you'll notice the double candles are not actually perfect double candles, they're slightly off.... that's even stranger!!!! :(

I was told many moons ago that if you want to take trading seriously, never trust broker data and especially not SB broker data. That's very good advice. You get what you pay for in charting software like with everything else in life. If you want to take technical analysis seriously you probably do need to pay out for something like ProRealTime (awesome software) or eSignal, Tradestation etc... else suffer the consequences. :(

It's like I'm constantly going round in circles. I have a good trading model and besides needing a good broker with good fills I need reliable data ... so ... guess it's time to get my VISA card out and just pay for the sodding stuff. I'm getting fed up with constant let downs wherever I turn. Honestly if you need something doing.... etc etc.... :mad:

TOC

SLM any answers....? :confused:

Hi
Thanks we are looking into it.

It has been caused when we uploaded historical data into the system and some error occured.

Maintaining 800 charts which each have 9 time frames is a full time job in itself.

Obviously the data should be as accurate as possible and this is what we aim to provide, but we appreciate people telling us of problems, then they can be fixed ASAP. If we only provided 30 markets on MT4 like some people then this would be a lot simpler !

The Dow should be OK now if you refresh your chart.
We are looking into any others.

Regards
SLM

Hi
Thanks we are looking into it.

It has been caused when we uploaded historical data into the system and some error occured.

Maintaining 800 charts which each have 9 time frames is a full time job in itself.

Obviously the data should be as accurate as possible and this is what we aim to provide, but we appreciate people telling us of problems, then they can be fixed ASAP. If we only provided 30 markets on MT4 like some people then this would be a lot simpler !

The Dow should be OK now if you refresh your chart.
We are looking into any others.

Regards
SLM

As ever, many many thanks, Dow Jones is perfect now, very grateful. :)

I guess without clean data we all will have trouble trading!

Regards

TOC

SLM - another bad weekly data bar:

EURUSD weekly, 9th May 2010

Thanks

TOC

Attachments

• SLM data2.bmp
    224.2 KB · Views: 132
Actually, regarding many FX charts, data before May 2010 on many timeframes is basically full of double bars and all kinds of weird stuff. It seems generally that from May/June onwards it's ok pretty much (again, for many symbols).

Guess it's gonna be a huge job to sort!!! :eek:

Not much action here from live traders. I believe things gas gotten better, but I have problems at times getting my order scripts to execute. When this happens I do not get any error message from the MT4 platform. Any of you guys with a live trading account have the same problem with scripts? Maybe the SLM representative can comment on this issue.

Not much action here from live traders. I believe things gas gotten better, but I have problems at times getting my order scripts to execute. When this happens I do not get any error message from the MT4 platform. Any of you guys with a live trading account have the same problem with scripts? Maybe the SLM representative can comment on this issue.

Hi
All demo accounts are automatically activated for EAs and scripts. For live accounts you have to request that this is activated (via the Secure Client Area on our website). Assuming you have done this then I am at a loss as to why you should be having problems. The only reason for there to be an issue is with something in the script, and I am afraid that is down to you.
Sorry I cannot be of any more help.
Regards
SLM

Hi
All demo accounts are automatically activated for EAs and scripts. For live accounts you have to request that this is activated (via the Secure Client Area on our website). Assuming you have done this then I am at a loss as to why you should be having problems. The only reason for there to be an issue is with something in the script, and I am afraid that is down to you.
Sorry I cannot be of any more help.
Regards
SLM
Thanks, yes I have of course activated the EA. I have used the same scripts with others and receive a error message if the order doesn't go through. Could have something to do with a invalid price sent to your servers. If an order is sent in form of a script there might be something preventing an error message or a re-quote to be sent back. Yes I will look over my scripts, I guess this is the charm with MT4 (or the hassle) as you have so many options to affect how orders are handled and executed. I prefer to appreciate the former and enjoy all the possibilities with MT4.

I prefer to appreciate the former and enjoy all the possibilities with MT4.

Yeah I know what you mean, but I wish TradeStation licenced their platform out to spreadbetting companies instead. Imagine that! Spreadbetting through TradeStation's own platform! It kills MT4 hands down. But yes for a "one size fits all" platform MT4 is a decent enough thing.

TOC

Yeah I know what you mean, but I wish TradeStation licenced their platform out to spreadbetting companies instead. Imagine that! Spreadbetting through TradeStation's own platform! It kills MT4 hands down. But yes for a "one size fits all" platform MT4 is a decent enough thing.

TOC

NinjaTrader spreadbetting is my dream:)