Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Hi
OK we have extended the price tollerances still further to hopefully stop this issue, except for in extreme volatility.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
SLM

Hi SLM (or anyone!) - a question:

you mention "price tollerances" - what about the MT4 setting regarding deviation from price? Is this something I need to know about and use?

It's defaulted at 0 for demo, will I need to actually use this in real live trading?

Anyone share their experience with it? Does it "ensure" the worst possible deviation you set?

Thanks

Hi SLM (or anyone!) - a question:

you mention "price tollerances" - what about the MT4 setting regarding deviation from price? Is this something I need to know about and use?

It's defaulted at 0 for demo, will I need to actually use this in real live trading?

Anyone share their experience with it? Does it "ensure" the worst possible deviation you set?

Thanks
Apart from the SB inbuilt deviation, you need at volatile times use the deviation settings in MT4 (market orders) in order to be sure to get into the market. I very seldom trade FX, I haven't done it with SLM so I can't really tell.

Apart from the SB inbuilt deviation, you need at volatile times use the deviation settings in MT4 (market orders) in order to be sure to get into the market. I very seldom trade FX, I haven't done it with SLM so I can't really tell.

OK thanks, it's a shame that market orders can't be as accurate as pending orders; I really must change my (lack of) ability to use them with my trading method :eek:

SLM: we're all willing you on, can you make a public promise on this thread that you can see where these problems are coming from on your system/server etc and that things are being put in place to permanently solve the problems?

I'm sure many customers are willing to be patient but the requote and server power problems do seem to be constant issues. Can you assure us all that they will, without doubt, be rectified and not just left to chance?

Again, I'm trying to help you guys out (at SLM) by asking the questions I guess we all are asking because it seems you have captured an audience with your business model so far and it would be a real shame to lose out just for a few technical startup issues.

Thanks

TOC

Yup, thats what the problem is, SLM's servers can't cope with the US data releases and crash.

All a bit worrying. I was going to open an account, but there's no point if these problems are ongoing. SLM could at least make a tempting credit offer so clients can try the platform without using their own cash to do software development work. Or maybe an increase in business would just make the problems worse if the system can't cope?

I think we have to these guys room to solve the problems. It will be taken care of in good time. They have manifested on this thread they have given the problems highest priority.

All a bit worrying. I was going to open an account, but there's no point if these problems are ongoing. SLM could at least make a tempting credit offer so clients can try the platform without using their own cash to do software development work. Or maybe an increase in business would just make the problems worse if the system can't cope?

They did and the promotion ended of August.

They would cover any losses upto £300

I have found the connection coming and going, sometime I get 800k then down to 50k and then disconnect. very odd

SLM: we're all willing you on, can you make a public promise on this thread that you can see where these problems are coming from on your system/server etc and that things are being put in place to permanently solve the problems?

I'm sure many customers are willing to be patient but the requote and server power problems do seem to be constant issues. Can you assure us all that they will, without doubt, be rectified and not just left to chance?

Again, I'm trying to help you guys out (at SLM) by asking the questions I guess we all are asking because it seems you have captured an audience with your business model so far and it would be a real shame to lose out just for a few technical startup issues.

Thanks

TOC

Hi
Of course we are trying to sort out the disconnection issue. Why would want to offer a platform that did not perform perfectly?

We know what the issue is, and ironically it is because we are trying to be too perfect, which MT4 struggles with. I know that is a bit cryptic, but I cannot give too much away for commercial reasons.

We have a large team of professionals, both internal and external, working on the issue.
They put a fix in on Saturday, but this caused another issue which they have now identified.

I am sorry if these occasional problems have caused problems for people, but it will be worth it in the end.

Every company in the world, including IG, Alpari etc, occasionally have problems with their platforms or price feeds. It is the nature of the business. But hopefully these should be few and far between.

With regards to offering a credit offer (Ross Spur) we did run a £300 cash back offer in June, July and August. We will probably run another one at some stage, but with respect it is not my fault you did not take advantage of it before.

But I tell you what we will do for readers of this blog on Trade 2Win. Anyone who opens a spread betting account with us in September will qualify for the £300 cash back offer for the month of September. The details of which will work exactly the same as the offer for August, which can be found on the following link.

http://www.smartlivemarkets.co.uk/Offer.aspx

This offer cannot be used in conjunction with our current Refer a Friend offer.

Once you open your account online, please email [email protected] and say that you will be taking advantage of the T2W offer. Then if you need to make a claim, please do so by the end of the first week in October.

I hope that helps and thank you for your comments.

Regards
SLM

Hi Folks,

I have been FX trading for a while and have been looking at moving my account to an SB set up.

IS SLM the only company with MT4 for SB - does anyone out there have other companies that allow trading from MT4 charts for SB?

Cheers - David C.
"To live with Passion, it takes Courage and Grace to survive"

We know what the issue is, and ironically it is because we are trying to be too perfect, which MT4 struggles with. I know that is a bit cryptic, but I cannot give too much away for commercial reasons.

We have a large team of professionals, both internal and external, working on the issue.
They put a fix in on Saturday, but this caused another issue which they have now identified.

Every company in the world, including IG, Alpari etc, occasionally have problems with their platforms or price feeds. It is the nature of the business. But hopefully these should be few and far between.

But I tell you what we will do for readers of this blog on Trade 2Win. Anyone who opens a spread betting account with us in September will qualify for the £300 cash back offer for the month of September. The the end of the first week in October.

Fantastic customer service as always. And yes I do believe it will be worth it in the end. I really like the model, I want it to work.

Your answer about solving one problem causing another is entirely acceptable - I work in IT myself and it's one long puzzle/headache often which unfolds like a story - I get it!

Thanks for the offer too - very generous. We know we're dealing with a very good company working hard to get it right.

TOC

Hi
Of course we are trying to sort out the disconnection issue. Why would want to offer a platform that did not perform perfectly?

I am sorry if these occasional problems have caused problems for people, but it will be worth it in the end.

With regards to offering a credit offer (Ross Spur) we did run a £300 cash back offer in June, July and August. We will probably run another one at some stage, but with respect it is not my fault you did not take advantage of it before.

But I tell you what we will do for readers of this blog on Trade 2Win. Anyone who opens a spread betting account with us in September will qualify for the £300 cash back offer for the month of September. The details of which will work exactly the same as the offer for August, which can be found on the following link.

http://www.smartlivemarkets.co.uk/Offer.aspx

This offer cannot be used in conjunction with our current Refer a Friend offer.

Once you open your account online, please email [email protected] and say that you will be taking advantage of the T2W offer. Then if you need to make a claim, please do so by the end of the first week in October.

I hope that helps and thank you for your comments.

Regards
SLM

Yes, I knew about the previous offer, but I've found that 'cash back' isn't much help in normal trading. IMO, match credit offers are preferable, because you're not going to attract people who just have a few punts to see what happens, without any intention of trading seriously after the account runs out of free margin.

Still, it was good of you to extend the previous offer to T2W inmates. Thanks.

Connection gone?

edit: Back again. Lost for a few mins there.
News out a minute.