Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

So far not one of my trades has had any slippage on entries or exits. I don't think I have had any orders triggered at news times though.
I guess you are trading with limit orders only, otherwise, with a market order you surely must have gotten a slippage or a re-quote?

I guess you are trading with limit orders only, otherwise, with a market order you surely must have gotten a slippage or a re-quote?

Yes limit and stop orders only at the moment, another couple of weeks and I will start doing market orders so I will be able to see then.

Are you getting slippage or requotes from Market orders?

Yes limit and stop orders only at the moment, another couple of weeks and I will start doing market orders so I will be able to see then.

Yes market orders is another issue altogether (like it is in the real market). Yes I have problems at times getting my market orders executed. It has gotten somewhat better, but still so far, too many re-quotes.

Yes market orders is another issue altogether (like it is in the real market). Yes I have problems at times getting my market orders executed. It has gotten somewhat better, but still so far, too many re-quotes.

That's not very promising!!

So that's the trick then? I always knew market orders were the worst kind of orders for getting filled and that pro's always seem to use limits etc... but I always tried to buck that trend simply because I trade in the moment not in the future :|

Maybe I need to try to project my entry/exit a little and set some pending orders rather than market fills...? :idea:

It just goes against the way I trade but I'll try :eek:

Actually gle101, here's an important question:

I experienced my first re-quote with SLM on DEMO the other day. Price was moving quick and it re-quoted, so it even happens on demo. I generally don't trade quick prices anyway. But I noticed how MT4 does this: it just came up with a box that said "the price has moved do you want this new price?" I clicked yes and it filled as normal nice and quickly.

So my question to you (and anyone else getting requoted on live accounts) is: when you get a requote, does it then always fill the second time on this new quote, or do you get a string of continual requotes over and over until it becomes a really cr*ppy entry?

Thanks!
TOC

Actually gle101, here's an important question:

I experienced my first re-quote with SLM on DEMO the other day. Price was moving quick and it re-quoted, so it even happens on demo. I generally don't trade quick prices anyway. But I noticed how MT4 does this: it just came up with a box that said "the price has moved do you want this new price?" I clicked yes and it filled as normal nice and quickly.

So my question to you (and anyone else getting requoted on live accounts) is: when you get a requote, does it then always fill the second time on this new quote, or do you get a string of continual requotes over and over until it becomes a really cr*ppy entry?

Thanks!
TOC
The demo account is good for you to get to know the platform and to try out scripts. The live account is something totally different. No they don't always fill on accepting the first re-quote. I have on several trades received a string of re-quotes. Even when I have have accepted a deviation (slippage) of a few pips. I am located in Sweden so there could be a millisecond or so in delay , causing some of the execution problems, but not all. I have a very fast broadband connection, so I suspect the fractional point could also be a part of the problem on the instruments in question. It has gotten better, but SLM still got some work to do, in order to tune in of the platform and the price feed for better performance.

what instrument are you getting re-quoted on gle101 , i have been trading ero/usd around news and not had any re-quotes .
just my first week on the platform though .

The demo account is good for you to get to know the platform and to try out scripts. The live account is something totally different. No they don't always fill on accepting the first re-quote. I have on several trades received a string of re-quotes. Even when I have have accepted a deviation (slippage) of a few pips. I am located in Sweden so there could be a millisecond or so in delay , causing some of the execution problems, but not all. I have a very fast broadband connection, so I suspect the fractional point could also be a part of the problem on the instruments in question. It has gotten better, but SLM still got some work to do, in order to tune in of the platform and the price feed for better performance.

Gle101 and Price777999:

I'm about to completely show my ignorance here, but are you guys actually spreadbetting with SLM or trading CFD's/FX? Gle said he/she is in Sweden and Price is in Norway (I think?) but I thought spreadbetting was for UK residents only? Has this law changed in Europe/Scandinavia now?

Sorry for the odd question!!

TOC

Gle101 and Price777999:

I'm about to completely show my ignorance here, but are you guys actually spreadbetting with SLM or trading CFD's/FX? Gle said he/she is in Sweden and Price is in Norway (I think?) but I thought spreadbetting was for UK residents only? Has this law changed in Europe/Scandinavia now?

Sorry for the odd question!!

TOC
Most of the SB companies accept account applications from countries of the EU.

Most of the SB companies accept account applications from countries of the EU.

Ahhhh, but the tax issue is one that's relative to any given country... I get it now. SB accounts are allowed in EU countries but that doesn't mean it's tax-free trading everywhere, it's down to the individual law of the land.

Thanks both of you for your answers that was interesting to know!

TOC

what instrument are you getting re-quoted on gle101 , i have been trading ero/usd around news and not had any re-quotes .
just my first week on the platform though .

Have you not had even one re-quote or anything at all, live, around the news releases??! That's really odd considering the probs others have had. It's almost like some people are just getting unlucky....? Or is that too hopeful?