Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Yeah..they're very very close to being ditched by me, and going back to RBS who are great (apart from their slow BACS payments to fund an account).

Yeah..they're very very close to being ditched by me, and going back to RBS who are great (apart from their slow BACS payments to fund an account).

Hi
Would be a shame to lose you.
IT are installing a perminant fix to the problem over the w/e.
We had hoped the tempoary fix would hold for today, but sadly not.
Regards
SLM

This kind of problem is what to be expected. The platform needs to be tuned in under severe market condition, like the volatility we are seeing today. If they wouldn't communicate at all I would be more worried, but since they are quite open with the platform problems, I am confident they will take care of them one by one.

This kind of problem is what to be expected. The platform needs to be tuned in under severe market condition, like the volatility we are seeing today. If they wouldn't communicate at all I would be more worried, but since they are quite open with the platform problems, I am confident they will take care of them one by one.

Indeed.
If you look at my journal, i've been singing their praises since I began using them.

They have a good model and I like most things about them, but obviously wont stick around with them too much longer when there are better alternatives.

Im gonna give 'em a bit longer though because of their communication etc, as you say, and i feel its my duty as one of the first people to use them and have a journal that references them :)

Hi
Would be a shame to lose you.
IT are installing a perminant fix to the problem over the w/e.
We had hoped the tempoary fix would hold for today, but sadly not.
Regards
SLM

Im sure you'd get over it, considering the stakes that i trade at! lol

Im not gone yet, but hope things get better soon.

cheers

Indeed.
If you look at my journal, i've been singing their praises since I began using them.

They have a good model and I like most things about them, but obviously wont stick around with them too much longer when there are better alternatives.

Im gonna give 'em a bit longer though because of their communication etc, as you say, and i feel its my duty as one of the first people to use them and have a journal that references them :)
Yes, they are a start up, so one must give them time in order to get everything running smoothly. Of course one must be careful not to put too much money at the table at this stage, until the current problems is taken care of.

is it permissible to use expert advisers on sml platform , i got a message [ expert execution not permissible ] in the journal tab ?

is it permissible to use expert advisers on sml platform , i got a message [ expert execution not permissible ] in the journal tab ?

Hi
EAs are automatically activated fore the Demo accounts.
For the Live accounts, you must log into the Secure Client Area on our website and click on the EA activation request. I think it says this may take a few days (that is going to be changed). It takes a few minutes.
Regards
SLM

I was on SLM briefly.

I left with a £10 profit lol

But I think the main thing that put me off was execution. When I hit the BUY/SELL I want my trade covered with one click to do all this:

Stop
Take Profit
Trailing Stop
% of account for trade

There should be a preference tab where you can set your trade set up. ie

Stop 25 pips
Take profit 75 pips
Trailing stop 50 pips
Trade 2 % of my balance

For a trader like me that jumps in and out speed is the key

On your platform if I see the market move fast I have to type in the stop before I hit BUY/SELL. Yes you can just hit BUY/SELL then when in the position add your stop but by then the position may have reversed 100 pips

Plus the fractional pip just confused me, there should be an option to turn off fractional pips.

BUY/SELL should be a Tab showing the spread rather than a line. FXCM platform is rather the same but they have BUY/SELL tabs changing colour for rise and fall and the spread. On there the trader has the option to switch from line or tab so I'm sure you could do tabs on SLM.

The MACD histogram was just one colour not showing the change of rise and fall in colour.

Sorry rant over

Great support online and fast easy deposits and withdrawals.

If all the above are ever worked out let me know I would run back. :cool:

I was on SLM briefly.

But I think the main thing that put me off was execution. When I hit the BUY/SELL I want my trade covered with one click to do all this:

Stop
Take Profit
Trailing Stop
% of account for trade

Stop 25 pips
Take profit 75 pips
Trailing stop 50 pips
Trade 2 % of my balance

On your platform if I see the market move fast I have to type in the stop before I hit BUY/SELL. Yes you can just hit BUY/SELL then when in the position add your stop but by then the position may have reversed 100 pips

Plus the fractional pip just confused me, there should be an option to turn off fractional pips.

BUY/SELL should be a Tab showing the spread rather than a line. FXCM platform is rather the same but they have BUY/SELL tabs changing colour for rise and fall and the spread. On there the trader has the option to switch from line or tab so I'm sure you could do tabs on SLM.

The MACD histogram was just one colour not showing the change of rise and fall in colour.

Sorry rant over

On the MT4 platform you have to work with order scripts that will take care these parameters for your position.

I was on SLM briefly.

Stop
Take Profit
Trailing Stop
% of account for trade

Stop 25 pips
Take profit 75 pips
Trailing stop 50 pips
Trade 2 % of my balance

Sorry rant over

Hi
Meta Trader 4 is what it is. Love it or hate it.

It is the most popular trading platform in the world used by over a million people, and there must be a reason for that. But it is not customisable I am afraid. I understand all your comments but guess you just have to weight up all the prose and cons, and for you it may not suit, which is a shame.

We will be launching our own web based platform soon, but I don't think that will be advanced enough for you I am afraid.

Regards
SLM

this ea can do all those things , i doubt you can find a better platform to spreadbet on .

Attachments

• EASY_v2.ex4
    16.3 KB · Views: 296
this ea can do all those things , i doubt you can find a better platform to spreadbet on .
Yes this is a good thing about MT4, you can find EA's and scripts for almost every need in order to control your trade.

Heja Norge!:)