Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

SMLSB forex prices frozen from 04.35 GMT, nearly an hour, but brent crude prices moving on there MT4 platform, and my Alpari MT4 is working fine, so it's not my computer or internet connection?

'Trade disabled', 'Trade context is busy' and all sorts of other stuff going on. Cant modify an order etc etc.

Edit- Invalid prices constantly.

Can't be bothered. No good to me.

Last edited:
When are they going to sort out currency pair charts that are screwed up?

I can't add my s/r, pivot's and im not happy.

Hello

Please contact us directly if you have a problem and we will try and help.
You can write about anything you want on this forum, but trade2win is not our help desk, so it does not get monitored all the time.

Many thanks.

Regards
SLM

'Trade disabled', 'Trade context is busy' and all sorts of other stuff going on. Cant modify an order etc etc.

Hi
Is this on a live account?

If so, then it really needs to be addressed coz something is clearly going wrong for many and everything is fine for others. Hope SLM have a clue somewhere up the line as to what is going on AND are fixing it (rather than denying/ignoring). We can hope. :eek:

Yes the charts have been wrong forever now. Double bars, weird bars, all kind of mess if you scroll back, normally on higher frames (weekly etc). They are aware of it I'm sure, but it's probably one of those jobs that's really huge to sort out (imagine all that data over all those markets) especially while trying to maintain a day-to-day business.

I hope it gets sorted too. :(

Hi
Is this on a live account?

If so, then it really needs to be addressed coz something is clearly going wrong for many and everything is fine for others. Hope SLM have a clue somewhere up the line as to what is going on AND are fixing it (rather than denying/ignoring). We can hope. :eek:

Hello
If you have a problem then please get in touch directly.
We are not "denying/ignoring" anyting, and never have.
Regards
SLM

If you are using a pivot indicator they always get screwed up on a monday because it will be using Sunday to calculate.

Hello
If you have a problem then please get in touch directly.
We are not "denying/ignoring" anyting, and never have.
Regards
SLM

I actually do believe you, I have been supporting your company on this forum saying we should stick with you guys, so thanks for replying, I hope all these issues get sorted. There is clearly is a problem with some people's MT4 platform freezing, requoting too much etc whereas others are fine. There must be a bug or gremlin somewhere, it's probably no big thing in the bigger picture, but as there is real money on the line in trading those people with issues do need them taken care of.

SLM: if you see this, please do work on sorting all the chart history out, it seems Daily and above, or especially weekly and above) has loads of bad history, mainly double bars - (on many markets).

Thanks for your efforts

Pine

I actually do believe you, I have been supporting your company on this forum saying we should stick with you guys, so thanks for replying, I hope all these issues get sorted. There is clearly is a problem with some people's MT4 platform freezing, requoting too much etc whereas others are fine. There must be a bug or gremlin somewhere, it's probably no big thing in the bigger picture, but as there is real money on the line in trading those people with issues do need them taken care of.

SLM: if you see this, please do work on sorting all the chart history out, it seems Daily and above, or especially weekly and above) has loads of bad history, mainly double bars - (on many markets).

Thanks for your efforts

Pine

Hi
Thanks for the comments.
We have made some changes to hopefully help the 'requote' issue, but at the end of the day you will get a requote sometimes, particularly if markets are extremely volatile.

With regards to the chart issue, have you right clicked and hit refresh?
If that has not sorted your problem out can you let me have a couple of examples.
Thanks

Paul
SLM

They do tell the truth, use MT4 which is best in world of SB, can run EAs etc, they are honest, their customer service is amazing, they're spreads are great, range of markets brilliant, margins are great, financing charges are very very good, allow hedging if you want it.

They are also new and need time to grow and sort all issues, so I say stick with them, they have great potential, awesome business model.

Ah...that's quite cute..bless...:D

Thing is this: I do understand that SB in general is the starting point for trader's in countries where it is allowed. Low account start-ups and tax free make it the ideal choice to dip your toe. If you do well, I totally agree you need to step up to trade the real market via ECN/DMA whatever. I always push ProSpreads as being the most pro SB we have and I stand by that, but it's for pro's and bigger accounts.

If you have a smaller account and are starting on the road to wealth building through trading, then SB is great and I feel SLM have the potential to be the best, obviously due to MT4 but for the other reasons I said too.

I'm not saying SB is amazing and the road to go, it's for the first-steps. But whatever stage you are at, it makes sense to sniff out the best on average.

So we're cool, Black Swan :p

Now that is interesting, thjanks for posting that because today I have had the same problems with invalid prices when trying to open or close a position, 5 attempts on EU/US and then gave up.
SLM did look into it but told me I was the only one to have reported this problem.

They thought it may have been an EA I had installed so I deleted all my indicators and put it back to how it was, so will see if that was the cause or not.

Such a shame because I really like ther platform and want to open a live account.

I beleive SLM are the only UK firm with MT4.

Now that is interesting, thjanks for posting that because today I have had the same problems with invalid prices when trying to open or close a position, 5 attempts on EU/US and then gave up.
SLM did look into it but told me I was the only one to have reported this problem.

They thought it may have been an EA I had installed so I deleted all my indicators and put it back to how it was, so will see if that was the cause or not.

Such a shame because I really like ther platform and want to open a live account.

I beleive SLM are the only UK firm with MT4.

Hello

You know we would love to help anyone who is having a problem, to discover what it is and rectify it.

Most of the time it tends to be the clients set up of MT4 or the EA they are using.

But if you do not contact us then how are we meant to help?

Regards
SLM

Hi
Thanks for the comments.
We have made some changes to hopefully help the 'requote' issue, but at the end of the day you will get a requote sometimes, particularly if markets are extremely volatile.

With regards to the chart issue, have you right clicked and hit refresh?
If that has not sorted your problem out can you let me have a couple of examples.
Thanks

Paul
SLM

Hello SLM,

So there is an issue with requotes, nice to know that, I thought it was only me having this problem.
I am talking about requote after requote, keep clicking the buy button up to 10 times until I give up, same with the sell button. This is not when the markets are moving by the way.
It is when the price is still.

I did ask via email,
"Can you answer a question for me, has anyone else contacted you/SLM in the last few days with a similar issue?

The reply I got was,
"We have had no complaints of this whatsoever in the last few days."

So maybe I am the only one to report it to you/SLM via e-mail.

The gentleman/lady from SLM was very helpful looking into the matter for me and thought it might be due to an EA I had running.
So I uninstalled everything I had ever installed, indicators, templates, and an EA.

Just had another couple of requotes trying to open a long on EU/US.

It's only the last 2 or 3 days this has been happening ridiculously. Before that I don't mind a couple of requotes especially when price is moving.
The platform is good and so worth putting up with a little inconvenience but the last few days is really not a usable platform for me.
Shame because I was exchanging e-mails about the process of opening a live account.

I would be a lot happier if I knew there was a problem with others and not just me, then I would wait until its fixed instead of looking for another UK spreadbetting firm to make a deposit.

I seem to have spent a few hours trying to sort this out yesterday and today instead of concentrating on trading.

Can you please go into more detail about what you think is causing the requote issue when closing a trade when price is not moving?
I would apprecaite some information about the problem and to know if you/technical department may be able to fix it.

Regards