Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

I have been getting a bit more slipage with SLM lately. Not so much on stops but on entry orders. I trade 5 min charts so slipping me 4 points on an entry can make the trade a bit pointless. I have not 'lost' any money but i do scratch the trade and get out as soon as i am +ve then wait for a better opportunity.

I really doubt it is deliberate. I get exactly the same on the demo platform. Normally the fills with SLM are good but you do get some days/periods when you slipped or requoted a lot. If the live goes like this the demo also does it. No broker would deliberately slip demo accounts.

i got slipped again... on a not fantastically mad move.

not impressed.

i got slipped again... on a not fantastically mad move.

not impressed.

Thats the most annoying part of it. Its not like its news or anything. It just seems to be in normal or even slow trading. Whats getting to me today is i am having entry orders executed when the price is 1/2 a point away, getting me into trades i dont want to be in yet if i am within .00001 of my TP it behaves as normal.

Dont know what is up with them lately.

Thats the most annoying part of it. Its not like its news or anything. It just seems to be in normal or even slow trading. Whats getting to me today is i am having entry orders executed when the price is 1/2 a point away, getting me into trades i dont want to be in yet if i am within .00001 of my TP it behaves as normal.

Dont know what is up with them lately.

it would appear their box cannot handle the process of what ever transformation from feed they get into the spreadbet thing - why this is so fantastically amazing/difficult i dont know and dont really care.

it just means you cannot trade spreadbets with these guys at present.

getting slipped on normal trading conditions is unacceptable.

just vote with your feet.

it would appear their box cannot handle the process of what ever transformation from feed they get into the spreadbet thing - why this is so fantastically amazing/difficult i dont know and dont really care.

it just means you cannot trade spreadbets with these guys at present.

getting slipped on normal trading conditions is unacceptable.

just vote with your feet.

just got slipped again.

2 in under an hour....

No, I don't think so, Smart Live Markets are probably "smarter" than that. Very important introducing a new platform, without playing silly games. I have had no more slippage since those incidents.

Perhaps I just live in a dream world, but the way I see it, when you place a trade you have to do so at the price quoted, and the SB takes the other side. When you exit a trade you do the same in reverse, so the SB should automatically close at the price you want if they quoted it, not at a price and time that suits them, based on the 'real market', (which isn't really the client's concern).

Hopefully, this is what C*C's next gen platform will sort out.

Perhaps I just live in a dream world, but the way I see it, when you place a trade you have to do so at the price quoted, and the SB takes the other side. When you exit a trade you do the same in reverse, so the SB should automatically close at the price you want if they quoted it, not at a price and time that suits them, based on the 'real market', (which isn't really the client's concern).

Hopefully, this is what C*C's next gen platform will sort out.

word.

Just got slipped 5 points on an entry order. Not risking trading with stuff like that going on. Out in about 10 seconds for 1 point profit.

And this was on a demo account. Dont think i want to risk real cash with SLM.

Sounds like 'designer slippage' to me, added by the SB for no other reason than they can.

Hello
If you actually think we would do such a thing then please do not trade with us.
We pride ourselves on being fair and honest (something which we are legally obliged to do by the way - something other companies would do well to remember).

Regards
SLM

Just got slipped 5 points on an entry order. Not risking trading with stuff like that going on. Out in about 10 seconds for 1 point profit.

Yes it looks like SLM got some technical issues to solve. It doesn't seem like they are doing it on purpose, as someone said, no use giving slippage on a demo account. A good thing, would be for the the SLM representative to give some comments on this issue.

Hello
What market was that in please ... it is very difficult to investigate things with no information.
Thanks
SLM

What do you mean slipped? Is it a market order? Or a limit order? I only do market orders and I have never been slipped. A few requotes but never been slipped. I think SLM is what you see is what you get. Whereas as far as I know, GFT and the likes of Gekko you can be slipped on entry.

Hello
What market was that in please ... it is very difficult to investigate things with no information.
Thanks
SLM

EUR/USD. I only really trade this and AUD/USD. I dont think it is deliberate or anything. Its just that it seems to be happening a lot at the moment. I had a similar issue yesterday on the demo. I know when you started, requotes and slippage was common but its been a LOT better lately. I pretty much never have any problems. Just since the new year its been getting really bad.

I am not what i would call scalping or anything like that. I trade 5 min bars wih a stop usually 10 to 15 points and a TP at 2X. Trades usually last 20 mins upwards (for a good one) or less if i lose so slipping 5 points on entry makes the trade a bit too much of a risk.

[Edit] Actually the trade i just got slipped on would be a winner (all be it - 5 points) but happier not to be risking it

EUR/USD. I only really trade this and AUD/USD. I dont think it is deliberate or anything. Its just that it seems to be happening a lot at the moment. I had a similar issue yesterday on the demo. I know when you started, requotes and slippage was common but its been a LOT better lately. I pretty much never have any problems. Just since the new year its been getting really bad.

I am not what i would call scalping or anything like that. I trade 5 min bars wih a stop usually 10 to 15 points and a TP at 2X. Trades usually last 20 mins upwards (for a good one) or less if i lose so slipping 5 points on entry makes the trade a bit too much of a risk.

[Edit] Actually the trade i just got slipped on would be a winner (all be it - 5 points) but happier not to be risking it

Hi
OK thanks we are looking into it.
Regards
SLM

Hi
OK thanks we are looking into it.
Regards
SLM

Thanks,
Actually slightly incorrect info supplied. It looks like it was 4.5 points. I should have entered a short at 1.29630 i got entered at 1.29585.

Honestly i wouldnt complain at 1 or even 2 points (although i might be getting twitchy at 2) but 4.5 points on a 5 decimal is a bit much.

Thanks,
Actually slightly incorrect info supplied. It looks like it was 4.5 points. I should have entered a short at 1.29630 i got entered at 1.29585.

Honestly i wouldnt complain at 1 or even 2 points (although i might be getting twitchy at 2) but 4.5 points on a 5 decimal is a bit much.

Hi
I quite agree, and are looking into it.
Our IT department were making a minor upgarde to the demo server at around that time. They 'say' this should not have caused any issues, but call me a cynic........

Hi
I quite agree, and are looking into it.
Our IT department were making a minor upgarde to the demo server at around that time. They 'say' this should not have caused any issues, but call me a cynic........

I got slipped twice yesterday through my stop in an hour yesterday - does this account for what happened to me on LIVE EUR/USD yesterday?

were IT performing an upgrade yesterday?
:whistling

Hello
If you actually think we would do such a thing then please do not trade with us.
We pride ourselves on being fair and honest (something which we are legally obliged to do by the way - something other companies would do well to remember).

Regards
SLM

But do any companies, or people, ever pride themselves on being unfair and dishonest? I find it hard to believe that no SB has ever given unnecessary slippage, as it's a feature of the platform used by some of them:

<< Slippage – Set by client, market and size to make extra pips on stop order >>

On another issue does anybody know what Smartlives position is on a news event that causes the price to jump over a stop what is the exposure to the client? On some platforms you have an option of guaranteed stops although you normally pay with a higher spread for this option. It's worth knowing because I cannot see anything mentioned about this.

I used to trade with Finspreads but an now using a demo SB account with SLM.

I much prefer the MT4 platform with SLM.
I made over 30 trades today, I had to requote 3 times on different trades while closing a position but that is because the price was moving fast and I used to get the same with Finspreads.

The requotes were for the same price as I initially tried to close so I did not lose out.

Once today and once yesterday I did execute a trade and found I had bought 5 pips higher than I thought, this shocked me but I assumed it was my mistake.
Please excuse my ignorance but what is slippage.

Another daft question but worth knowing your opinions before I open a live account, are the charts we see on MT4 through SLM exactly the same as you would see through another S/B company?
I mean the exact OHCL, lengths of wicks etc, this is relavant to being stopped out.

By the way I always buy now rather than use orders.

On another issue does anybody know what Smartlives position is on a news event that causes the price to jump over a stop what is the exposure to the client? On some platforms you have an option of guaranteed stops although you normally pay with a higher spread for this option. It's worth knowing because I cannot see anything mentioned about this.

stops with SLM are not guaranteed.