Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Hi
The choice is yours really. You can have no fractional pips but wider spreads if you prefer.

We have only introduced them on the 5 majors, but when qutoing tight fixed spreads in a volatile market certain people, who clearly have nothing better to do, try and take advantage of the situation. The solution is either to close their accounts or try and solve the problem, which the extra decimal place has done.

I know people do not like it, but sadly thats the reality of it.

Regards
SLM

On other MT4 platforms the fractional pip is a small font, would that be possible to make the fractional pip display smaller then the main pips ?

Ross, check out Easy_v2 EA. You can make adjustment by dragging the SL and Target lines directly on the chart. However with this EA I got some problems with getting the correct stop loss on every trade. I think one has to test it on a live account in order to see if it really works in live trading.

I did try this EA but had trouble once in a trade
Example
SL 20pips
TP 50pips

But if a trade was showing a good run say I went Long and moved TP & SL they always reverted to the entry SL & TP

I like to move SL (stop loss) to protect entry once green. Also not a lover of EA's I like to manual trade.

With regard to SLM, fantastic customer service which has won me over to move all my trading to the SLM platform.

Still see gaps on the Im Chart and sticky prices but I'm on the demo at the moment.

On other MT4 platforms the fractional pip is a small font, would that be possible to make the fractional pip display smaller then the main pips ?

Hi,
Sadly not. What you must remember is that the other MT4 platforms you mention are not offering spread betting.

This was not an easy thing to add to MT4, but that is what people wanted.
The flip side is that certain things cannot be done as on the normal FX platform.
One of those being the smaller fractional display of the last extra pip.

We do offer an FX/CFD MT4 platofrm where they are displayed in that way if you prefer, but of course, that is not spread betting.

Regards
SLM

Please report back if the EA is working properly, especially on the setting of the stop loss.

Can't get Easy_v2 to trigger trades from a line, but if I enter by right-clicking it seems to work, inc stop loss, but boxes that I don't want keep popping up?! Possibly I'm missing something -- any sites that have instructions how to set it up?

Can't get Easy_v2 to trigger trades from a line, but if I enter by right-clicking it seems to work, inc stop loss, but boxes that I don't want keep popping up?! Possibly I'm missing something -- any sites that have instructions how to set it up?
I guess that you have set the parameters for your stop and limit in the input of the EA? You notice when placing the trade there is a dotted line, double click on that, and move the small box (on the dotted line) where you want to place the new order. The new order will adjust to where you placed the dotted line.

ws30 unable to take any trades again?
No 'trading' option when you you 'right click' the chart.

Hi
There is nothing wrong with the WS30.
If you have a problem please call us directly.
You can write about it later if you want, but how can we help you if you do not call us ??
Thanks
SLM

Hi
There is nothing wrong with the WS30.
If you have a problem please call us directly.
You can write about it later if you want, but how can we help you if you do not call us ??
Thanks
SLM

It's seems to be true.
Its moving fine and recieving the feed, but like he says, the option to trade it doesn't seem to be there. Everything else seems to be working fine. At least for me...I assume we are all seeing the same things! lol

Hi
Well I do not want to appear rude, but from our end there was never a problem, as far as we can tell. That is why I wish people would call us directly first so we can find out if there actually is a problem. Only trying to help.

Still at least it is OK now for you.
Regards
SLM

Great service on part of SLM I think. They are really trying to please every single trader it seems. It will be very interesting following this company in the month to come.

Great service on part of SLM I think. They are really trying to please every single trader it seems. It will be very interesting following this company in the month to come.

Reminds me of CS in the early days. Let's hope SLM can keep it up as client numbers increase, as will almost certainly happen when word gets around.

GUYS PLEASE BEWARE- I HAVE BEEN TRADING WITH SMART LIVE FOR OVER A MONTH NOW FOR LIVE TRADING.

AS SOON AS I STARTED DOING QUITE WELL, (I WAS USING SOME QUICK SCALPING TECHNIQUES ASWELL AS SOME QUICK TRADES WHEN THE MARKET WAS MOVING), AND MADE SOME MONEY THEY STARTED MONITORING MY ACCOUNT.

NEXT TRADES STARTED TO TAKE UP TO 11 SECONDS TO EXECUTE FOR LIVE TRADING BOTH ENTRY AND EXIT (AND WE ALL KNOW IN THIS GAME, EVEN A FEW SECONDS CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE)

I PHONED UP ON 3 SEPARATE OCCASIONS TO ASK WHY THIS WAS HAPPENING ON MY LIVE ACCOUNT, I ALSO TESTED IT OUT ON THE DEMO AND THERE WERE NO SUCH PROBLEMS

THE FIRST TWO RESPONSES WERE: DEMO HAS ALOT MORE TOLERANCE THAN LIVE

I WENT BACK TO THE MT4 LOG AND NOTICED THE 11 SEC DELAY IN ENTRY AND 7 SECONDS ON EXIT AND WAS APPAULED

I RANG AGAIN, AND THE DEALERS ACCUSED ME OF TRADING LATENT PRICES?? HE WENT ON TO EXPLAIN IN A VERY RUDE WAY I WAS SOMEHOW TRYING TO SCREW THEM

THEN HE FINALLY ADMITTED THAT BECAUSE I HAD MADE WINS ON TRADES THEY WERE MONITORING MY ACCOUNT AND ADDED FURTHER SECURITY BEFORE ANY TRADES WERE EXECUTED ON MY ACCOUNT, THIS WAS WHAT WAS CAUSING THE DELAY.....IN OTHER WORDS BECAUSE THEY WERE LOSING MONEY THEY MANIPULATE THE SYSTEM WHICH THEY CAN DO AT THEIR END.

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WORKS FOR A BROKER AND HE REVEALED TO ME THEY MONITOR ALL TRADERS AND IF ANYONE IS DOING REALLY WELL THEY GET MARKED. I COULDNT BELEIVE THEY WOULD DO THIS!

JUST POSTING THIS HERE FOR YOU ALL TO BE AWARE OF SMART LIVE BEING A SMALLER BROKER AND DOING THE ABOVE WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

sam

GUYS PLEASE BEWARE- I HAVE BEEN TRADING WITH SMART LIVE FOR OVER A MONTH NOW FOR LIVE TRADING.

AS SOON AS I STARTED DOING QUITE WELL, (I WAS USING SOME QUICK SCALPING TECHNIQUES ASWELL AS SOME QUICK TRADES WHEN THE MARKET WAS MOVING), AND MADE SOME MONEY THEY STARTED MONITORING MY ACCOUNT.

NEXT TRADES STARTED TO TAKE UP TO 11 SECONDS TO EXECUTE FOR LIVE TRADING BOTH ENTRY AND EXIT (AND WE ALL KNOW IN THIS GAME, EVEN A FEW SECONDS CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE)

I PHONED UP ON 3 SEPARATE OCCASIONS TO ASK WHY THIS WAS HAPPENING ON MY LIVE ACCOUNT, I ALSO TESTED IT OUT ON THE DEMO AND THERE WERE NO SUCH PROBLEMS

I WENT BACK TO THE MT4 LOG AND NOTICED THE 11 SEC DELAY IN ENTRY AND 7 SECONDS ON EXIT AND WAS APPAULED

I RANG AGAIN, AND THE DEALERS ACCUSED ME OF TRADING LATENT PRICES?? HE WENT ON TO EXPLAIN IN A VERY RUDE WAY I WAS SOMEHOW TRYING TO SCREW THEM

THEN HE FINALLY ADMITTED THAT BECAUSE I HAD MADE WINS ON TRADES THEY WERE MONITORING MY ACCOUNT AND ADDED FURTHER SECURITY BEFORE ANY TRADES WERE EXECUTED ON MY ACCOUNT, THIS WAS WHAT WAS CAUSING THE DELAY.....IN OTHER WORDS BECAUSE THEY WERE LOSING MONEY THEY MANIPULATE THE SYSTEM WHICH THEY CAN DO AT THEIR END.

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WORKS FOR A BROKER AND HE REVEALED TO ME THEY MONITOR ALL TRADERS AND IF ANYONE IS DOING REALLY WELL THEY GET MARKED. I COULDNT BELEIVE THEY WOULD DO THIS!

JUST POSTING THIS HERE FOR YOU ALL TO BE AWARE OF SMART LIVE BEING A SMALLER BROKER AND DOING THE ABOVE WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

sam
Well, if this is the case it will soon be all over this thread. I cannot imagine a new starter will ruin their way into getting a piece of this lucrative market. According to the MiFID, manipulation of clients is not allowed, it is more fair and not against any regulation to close down the account as I see it. We will see what the SLM representative have to say about your post. You have only posted once on this forum and with capital letters. I will at this stage not take your post as a fact, until others have posted the same experiences trading with SLM.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

sam

Hello
Interesting comments, hidden using a false name. Why is that?
We want all our clients to do well. To make money, trade more and to tell their friends.

There are different definitions of scalping in the world. If you are just trying to make a pip or two then that is fine.
If however you are trying to deal on a latent price, over figures, then that is not fine.

Your account was not being monitored because you were making money.
It was explained to you on the phone that as your sole ‘modus operandi’ was to attempt to deal on potentially latent prices over figures then this was not something we could or would allow to continue un-checked. To that end an extra level of price checking was applied to your account. If you actually dealt on a good price then the trade went through.

Today, I do appreciate that this took a few seconds longer than it should have, for which we apologised. But it was made clear to you that the SLM cash point was closed, and to that end you seem to be upset......

It is always a shame when one person tries it on and attempts to take advantage of a situation, even getting up in the middle of the night to attempt to extort money out of a system over Australian figures.

For the benefit of doubt, MiFID works both ways, and does not give a client the right to deal on wrong prices.
We pride ourselves on what we have given to clients in a relatively short space of time.

I have been in this business for over 20 years, and you always get someone like ‘Sam’ every now and then.
It is a great shame, particularly when they then go onto a forum which they then join for the first time using a false name and attempt to bad mouth you

For the record, the amount of money you had made was hardly significant and this was totally about the way in which you were trading.

I sincerely wish you good luck in the future with whoever you trade with next.

Regards
Paul
SLM

Hi Sam,

sam

Can you provide us with dates/times/pairs when you noticed these problems?

We log this stuff. You'd be amazed at how long it sometimes takes MT4 from a wide range of brokers to get simple stuff like this done, particularly at NFP time for example.

Quite appalling in fact!

Jim

What is dealing on "latent price, over figures" mean?

I'm new to trading! (understand if you do not want to go into detail)