Slow Access To Pages

The site was unavailable this evening between about 7pm to 9pm. Unfortunately this was due to some server problems which have yet to be identified. Needless to say, we'll be looking into the causes and doing our best to ensure it doesn't happen again. Apologies for the disruption to normal service.

First time I've been back to the site in a number of months, mainly because, while I thought the content was very good, the site was frustratingly slow.

I'm afraid I have to say that I think the site is even slower now than it was then. The wait while message pages of forums load is excruciatingly slow - really a long way past the point where I'm willing to wait for it. I've read through a couple of threads and very rapidly got to the "stuff this, life is too short" point.

TheBramble said:
15 posts in 3 years does seem to indicate a very slow connection.

Very droll - but, true in a way - I only come back very rarely because the site is so slow.

Forgot to mention in the last post - I'm on 512K broadband

The last few days have been annoyingly slow, but as it does occur from time to time I hadn't thought to post about it.

If anyone else is experiencing this perhaps they could respond and give the site admin a chance to look into it.

I'm on dial up and have found it extremely slow of late.
I'm just having to go to bed at 2am so's I don't miss any good arguments on here. :)

Really Slow Now!!!!!!!

Tried on a couple of different machines on my network AND from a totally different location - Very, Very Slow access.

The menu drop-down options execution time is also very noticeably delayed as well.

Windows problem?

TheBramble said:
The last few days have been annoyingly slow, but as it does occur from time to time I hadn't thought to post about it.

If anyone else is experiencing this perhaps they could respond and give the site admin a chance to look into it.

I have suffered from slow running computer since I installed Windows Service Pack 2. Microsoft Assisted Support has sent me several hotfixes and ideas but so far no improvement. I know that large companies (eg Comdirect) are trying to adapt to SP2 but are still struggling.

Broadband here
Very very slow. I to give rhe site a miss a lot of the time as I get fed up waiting for pages to load

Sharky said:
Anyone else finding the site slow (or fast!)? Please let us know.

I have experiences slow acces to T2W over the last 2-3 weeks. The last week has not been as bad - but I have been getting messages like "cannot find server" after a long period of trying to connect to the website. This problem has been pretty much isolated to T2W. This has also occurred when I try posting a message. I found that on a few occasions the message wasn't posted and my text just dissappeared - as I could not move "Back" to it. I now copy my messages before trying to post them - just in case.

Cheers

jtrader.

The site seems to be suffering today with some slowdown. Needless to say, we're looking into it and will do our best to speed things up in the short term and furthermore are looking at putting into place a more robust infrastructure for the site this year.

Yep, been dog slow here today, up until the last couple of minutes, when it suddenly speeded up.

Sharky

For the past 2/3 days access to pages has been very slow. I don't think it is my computer as I am having no problems with other sites.

Regards

bracke

Yeah the past few weeks the site has been unreliable, sometimes it can slow right down, and the next minute its back up to speed. The hosting company we use has acknowledged there is a problem with the overall load on their servers, and we're probably partly to blame as a a victim of our own success. Hopefully they'll be able to turn things around relatively quickly.

The good news is that site will be moving to a dedicated server in about 2 or 3 weeks. This will ensure that we have complete control over the performance of our server, and we made sure we ordered a server that is sufficiently powerful to handle all the current traffic on the site and give us plenty of room to grow too. So things will get much better relatively soon. :D

Surely T2W's running on a dedicated server at the moment?! Who's the provider?