Best Thread Silver!

Can also use silver warrants (calls). Smth like 50$/ounce with expiry 2015 runs faster than spot. But use it if you believe that silver is heading higher in the longer term.

Random anecdotal evidence observation: Retail bullishness is positively bubbling.

Just saying.

Lets see how it turns out.

Random anecdotal evidence observation: Retail bullishness is positively bubbling.

Just saying.

Lets see how it turns out.

3% down as I write. Lets not jump to conclusions just yet however.

NOTE- edited instead of replying by mistake

Last edited:
swaps dealers like the selling and sided to min of 1.5 ratio puts to calls in the COT

...inv h/s about to fail
....maybe news can get a spike respite on non farms release but, for mine,
that'll prob just be an oppo to close more longs and open more sells
29.60 most likely nearside target if this 32.50 zone fails to hold

of course the 1st of Oct marked the distribution point for commercials after
having used traders on the other side to hike up on draghi and
then the bernank.....(that was also a dbl top-ish for gold)

A9ayAiZCEAAXLFP.jpg

just passing thru
:)

Can also use silver warrants (calls). Smth like 50$/ounce with expiry 2015 runs faster than spot. But use it if you believe that silver is heading higher in the longer term.

Resin,
Who do you trade silver warrants with ?
can you also trade options in silver?
Any info on this would be helpful to me as I need to protect a long position to the downside with exposure to any further rise.

speaking of just passing thru....silver is passing the uncle point which gold passed a few session ago....commercials and swaps are relatively heavy short or selling and looks like fund managers may follw fairly soon.....retail remains heavy long......

some interesting reading

silver poised for a major move
goldswitzerland.com/gold-and-silver-poised-for-a-major-move/

silver set to go to $100/
kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2012/12/10_John_Embry_-_This_Is_Why_Silver_Will_Smash_Through_%24100.html

silver surplus what silver surplus
mineweb.com/mineweb/content/en/mineweb-silver-news?oid=165917&sn=Detail

chinese silver report
youtube.com/watch?v=IMJBvATDUys

speaking of just passing thru....silver is passing the uncle point which gold passed a few session ago....commercials and swaps are relatively heavy short or selling and looks like fund managers may follw fairly soon.....retail remains heavy long......
Greytrader said:
Silver has tanked today, any ideaa why
that should end this phase of selling for the next few weeks, i suspect

both the nestled inverted H/S and Cup/Handle patterns failed..technically we are seeing orthodox fail whereas the opposing point of view is displaying strong construct.....anyways, even tho i think gold is better suited to 1630 low we appear to need a respite for the punters/investors.....

Attachments

• silver finds low 211212.gif
    silver finds low 211212.gif
    33.2 KB · Views: 268
Expect the tranquil Silver market to be abruptly woken from its slumber shortly.

Generally a market does not remian in this comfy state for too long, ie finely balanced between buyers and sellers. Volume is a joke, it won't take a whole lot for some money to enter and tip it one way or the other.

Silver.png

I'll also add that my own anecdotal evidence shows retail are just not interested in doing any buying at all right now. Can a rally be far away?

Potentially there is plenty of covering and new buying to be done once at the 32.50 area. I have a bullish bias, I feel the odds favour a move up.

Expect the tranquil Silver market to be abruptly woken from its slumber shortly.

Generally a market does not remian in this comfy state for too long, ie finely balanced between buyers and sellers. Volume is a joke, it won't take a whole lot for some money to enter and tip it one way or the other.

View attachment 155628

I'll also add that my own anecdotal evidence shows retail are just not interested in doing any buying at all right now. Can a rally be far away?

Potentially there is plenty of covering and new buying to be done once at the 32.50 area. I have a bullish bias, I feel the odds favour a move up.

Don't trade Silver but fwiw, having looked at the Daily charts I'd favour a test of 30.00 and if that doesn't hold 26-28s first before next move up.

I will be more than happy to be proven wrong. Few things please me more than seeing the Silver extremists get a good kicking.

I will be more than happy to be proven wrong. Few things please me more than seeing the Silver extremists get a good kicking.

I have no bias just thought I'd contribute my thoughts that's all and I do concur with the consolidating narrow BBand and your post too.

With these kinds of setups, I experimented once upon a time by placing two orders one to the upside and one to the downside - just outside the BB with a 1:2 r:reward. Works well during tops and bottoms but not sure if it would work with these in the middle of ranges. May well get whipped. :rolleyes:

Fun and games today. Things certainly sprung into life. Vol was, I think, about 2.5x that of the past few days.

I thought we would remain back in yesterdays range once we found acceptance back within, but no. I had a short early on after we failed above the previous US session and the two overnighters, covering after the large liquidation. There was nothing for me to trade subsequently, it's one of those days that leaves you feeling like 'whatever.'

We'll have to see how this one goes over the next few days. I still see plenty of acceptance at the 32 level, but best to wait for more information.

Fun and games today. Things certainly sprung into life. Vol was, I think, about 2.5x that of the past few days.

I thought we would remain back in yesterdays range once we found acceptance back within, but no. I had a short early on after we failed above the previous US session and the two overnighters, covering after the large liquidation. There was nothing for me to trade subsequently, it's one of those days that leaves you feeling like 'whatever.'

We'll have to see how this one goes over the next few days. I still see plenty of acceptance at the 32 level, but best to wait for more information.

I think it is fun and games and market makers having all the fun. Sideways moving markets worst to trade imo.

You are right though if / when it breaks out of its narrow trading range it should be a decent move.

I still think it will test 3100 and lower before it attempts the upside. Lacks conviction so it needs to build base and support I reckon. Well done today. (y)

Well, I got the timing of a good move correct, but you got the direction.

I'm not sure if there can be all that much downside left, after the latest Silver fanatic article I read put the production cost of Silver at $28.50 per ounce! My instinct tells me that must be BS, but what do I know.

Hoping to see a gap down later today, and if it hold more downside. Although I appreciate we may have a bit of support here.

I don't see why that cost of production figure must be BS. It may not be every producers' base cost, but what would the site gain from issuing a complete falsehood? I've seen figures that span the whole spectrum of prices, from $7+ up.

However, even if you believe the 'official figure' of $7 or so ask yourself this. If that were a Chinese produced electrical item that everybody wanted, with exceptional marketing, what would be the retail price?

Personally, I see a lot of worried Gold and Silver bulls at the moment (for the short-term). It's all froth, as the longer-term fundamentals are very bullish, aren't they?

Last edited: