Should I Switch Charts

jdcompute

I've been trading forex for about 3 months now with surprising success. I'm using the 30-minute charts after going back and forth between them and the 15-minute ones. Recently, I've learned how to let my profits run since the 15-minute chart shows some hiccups that don't show up on the 30-min which used to cause me to exit my trade early. My question is should I switch to the 1hr charts now to get an even bigger picture of the trend?

Look into it and see how you get on. No point asking anyone else to be honest. If it works for you it works for you. There is no one size fits all.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I've traded options for the last four years but I wish to God I'd come across this sooner. Options is very difficult to trade, at least for me it was. This is more of the style of trading that I enjoy.

I agree with what has been said thus far... if it works for you I wouldn't worry about it; however, I personally use the 60 min charts after using shorter charts and I have found that it actually helps my decisions a bit better. I use the 60 for trend, and then the 15 or 30 min charts to get a solid hold on the pulse and confirmation of moves.

I was looking at the 60-min chart and just got to wondering how much fluctuation goes on during that amount of time. I guess I'm a little paranoid and don't want to be away from my computer that long without knowing what's going on. The 15min was too often though. I think I've found the middle of the road using the 30min charts. Everyday I'm learning a bit more. This is addictive! :)