Shortsandlongs

Question - just opened and account, send invoice of previous SB dealer to the the info@... address of the company but its keeps saying the msg is delayed? Anyone else had this issue?

Spot forex

I'd like to second that - I'm very tempted by the 3month/£300 offer but only trade Spot forex so it's probably no good to me. Any change on the horizon?:-0

Goose - Is there any chance you'll be offering spot fx at any point ? Currency Futures spread at 5 is good but useless for daytrading. Havent opened an account yet but if you offered spot I would

Cheers

Jon

The management are in discussions with data providers now so I wouldn't think it will be too long of a wait.
Goose

Understand your platform

A quick word of warning - make sure you understand the trading platform that you trade with.

In the case of Shorts and Longs, you can only make/change open trades when their markets are open - 7:00 to 21:15. And, whilst they do indeed offer guaranteed stops, they may be much wider than you want them, and they seem to vary at different times of the day. I haven't checked but probably as a market nears its close.

So don't do as I did, which I accept was my mistake and not a fault of theirs, and open a trade with a wider stop than you wanted with the intention of a manual close and then get caught out by the market closing with your trade open - you will then be stuck with the stop they gave you and not that you wanted.:mad:

It comes back to the title - understand and know your trading platform, be aware of any limitations and be careful of how you work with or overcome them.

Use their cashback loss return, don't lose it!:(

Webinvester

You appreciate that if you could change the stops when the markets were shut you could just take a pile of free money from them, right?

Mind you depending on how tight these guaranteed stops are doing so might still be possible - they're essentially writing you a knock out for pennies over the weekend/night...

You appreciate that if you could change the stops when the markets were shut you could just take a pile of free money from them, right?

Mind you depending on how tight these guaranteed stops are doing so might still be possible - they're essentially writing you a knock out for pennies over the weekend/night...

Not sure I understand you. I was really pointing out two things:
- Firstly, it was just a reminder that you couldn't set future orders even within trading times. I guess this would probably be the same with any other SB firms if they weren't effectively 24 hour. I've probably got too used to other accounts being open even when I'm not there.
- Secondly, that the stops could be quite wide. A minimum for a forex trade I opened was 105 points, or at least much wider than I wanted.

What do people think of the changes they're making/ new markets? They're effectively charging for guaranteed stop losses now- 0.1% rollover charge for "low volatility" UK shares!

Yesterday saw the launch of spot currencies, US Shares and a few daily future markets. More products will be added over the coming months.

Neil, charts are on the way. Not certain on the ETA but definitely coming!

Cheers,
Goose

Yesterday saw the launch of spot currencies, US Shares and a few daily future markets. More products will be added over the coming months.

Cheers,
Goose
Just a quick question,how long does it take you to answer e-mails 24 hrs, 1 week or a few months just wondering like.
Sent you an e-mail few days ago and still no answer from you.:(

From what I have seen the guys are very quick.
I have just checked the inbox and can't see any outstanding e-mails from last week.
If you forward me the e-mail, I'll get someone to help.

Cheers

From what I have seen the guys are very quick.
I have just checked the inbox and can't see any outstanding e-mails from last week.
If you forward me the e-mail, I'll get someone to help.

Cheers
Thanks i'll re send it if i don't receive a reply.

Thanks i'll re send it if i don't receive a reply.

You sure? If there is an issue i'd rather it get resolved as soon as possible.

If they haven't received it, you're not going to get a reply.

If you provide me with more details I can get them onto it now for you.

Cheers,
Goose
i currently use Futuresbetting.com, just wondering what futures markets you offer.?

Pit pony,
Thanks for the enquiry, there's probably too many to list here but the answer is the main ones - FTSE, Dax, Dow, Cac, S&P, Nasdaq, Eurostoxx plus bonds, commodities and currencies.

If you go to the site, you can view the available markets without logging in.

Zero spreads, as offered by O*L for a limited period, would tempt me...

Sorry Phil, I know how keen you are for very tight spreads but it's just not going to happen as they have all been revised recently. I would like Spreadex to do a promotion though, something along the line of market spreads for a month.