Shortsandlongs

Hi guys,

Thank you for all of your comments.

The background images seem to take most of the criticism and I will ensure they are passed on to the marketing team.

Regards,

Ian

Hi guys,

Thank you for all of your comments.

The background images seem to take most of the criticism and I will ensure they are passed on to the marketing team.

Regards,

Ian

Ian,

Upon review of my posts I was overly harsh; I am sure your company has the best of intentions, my own opinions of spread betting remain the same but as it's legal in the UK there's no reason why you shouldn't have a go at it. I would definitely suggest a more professional appearance on your website however, and perhaps take out a little of the pandering that the writing seems to do to people's egos. It might work on the novices or the casual bettors, but if you want the serious guys to come to your site you need to focus more on the product and less on the glamour.

Other than that, the cashback thing seems generous, and I'm sure you will be able to make a success of it. Best of luck to you.

SL

Skill,
Thank you for your post. Your comments on the appearance of the site are perfectly fair. I wish I could put a poll on here to find out whether it would deter potential clients and I would certainly want to ask more questions than that!

I haven't read any of your previous posts so I'm not too sure what your gripe with spread betting is. Most people on this site complain about execution and spreads. We have tried to address this, the spreads are tight and there is no dealer intervention!

Thanks

Ian

Goose you can quote me on this...

Had you not been on the site vouching for shortsandlong the picture of a guy in the back of a limo with two hookers would have put me off completely.

If S&L will implement:

- Limit orders (to open)
- More currency pairs

and maintain its current low spreads, while minimising minimum stop distances, it can paint its platform whatever colour it likes, and drape as many pictures of females over it as it likes, as far as I am concerned!

:LOL:

Goose you can quote me on this...

Had you not been on the site vouching for shortsandlong the picture of a guy in the back of a limo with two hookers would have put me off completely.

Hoggums,
Thanks for that. Did my role in the comp play a part?

it's not me in the picture BTW!!!

Ian

is it someone who works at your offices? or an actor? haha
Ian- you do add a lot of credibility to your company by taking part (and winning) the comp. They should give you a pay rise for it!

If S&L will implement:

- Limit orders (to open)
- More currency pairs

and maintain its current low spreads, while minimising minimum stop distances, it can paint its platform whatever colour it likes, and drape as many pictures of females over it as it likes, as far as I am concerned!

:LOL:

M,

We are working hard to introduce opening orders, they should be available by the end of Jan.

Which pairs are you after?

As for the stop distances, I think they are very competitive and there's a few factors to be considered but principally the free guaranteed stop. Out of interest, which ones are you referring to?

Thanks

Ian

Hoggums,
Thanks for that. Did my role in the comp play a part?

it's not me in the picture BTW!!!

Ian

Yes, maintaining a presence on T2W is good publicity in my books (I hope they are paying you for your time on this site!), particularly if someone who clearly trades themselves can recommend a site and went to work for the company. Despite the vitriol Simon from CS receives from select individuals, I believe his regular visits to this site to handle concerns creates a positive impression of his company to most people.

However I think only advertising a premium rate number is a no-no. At least get a national rate line in.

Also I think you should introduce telephone dealing (on a non premium rate number). If the website is down - dealing by email is fraught with all sorts of issues - if you send a close order - what price do you close at.. What if it takes 20 mins for the email to come through and the website is already back up and you've closed and re-opened another position etc.

is it someone who works at your offices? or an actor? haha
Ian- you do add a lot of credibility to your company by taking part (and winning) the comp. They should give you a pay rise for it!
Hi Ian et al,
Apologies for going off topic - just wondered if anyone has received their prize yet from the comp'? I'm still waiting for my bottle of plonk!
Tim.

Hi Ian et al,
Apologies for going off topic - just wondered if anyone has received their prize yet from the comp'? I'm still waiting for my bottle of plonk!
Tim.

Tim,
I haven't received my ipod yet, I will let you know when I do.

Ian

Hoggums,

Thanks for that, it is very interesting. I raised these points in a meeting the other day but it was difficult to pursuade the committee as I had no facts or figures to back up my arguments.

It would be good to set up some kind of poll on here, but if it was that easy I guess every firm would conduct surveys through the site.

For what it is worth, I agree the premium rate number is too prohibitive but that was the plan at the start - to have the cheapest spreads, free guaranteed stops, no risk, minimal client interaction and low operating costs, i.e the opposite model to compliment Spreadex. We are very much open to suggestions though but you have to accept none of the SB firms are the complete package. With shorts and longs newbies get complete peace of mind and traders get the tight spreads and all the other benefits of Spread Betting. For clients who trade more than £50 a tick should speak to me about Spreadex.

How Simon has managed to keep that thread popular for 4 years, I do not know. The abuse on the second thread is just plain wrong. Everyday I feel like jumping in there and defending him but he is doing a great job himself, as demonstrated by his comeback to the guy who said he traded gold overnight when they weren't even open!

Personally, I'm finding it quite difficult to post comments. I'd love to get involved with all of the trading chat and market calls but then it would get construed as advice. I don't really want a caning from compliance but I also want a presence on this site!

Thanks

Ian

M,

We are working hard to introduce opening orders, they should be available by the end of Jan.

Super - thanks!

Which pairs are you after?

Well, the usual majors really. But perm any two from:
GBP
USD
JPY
EUR
CHF
AUD

rinse and repeat. I guess some would add NZD and CAD too.

By the way, I have not looked at S&L's currency offerings for a little while (attention elsewhere), so apologies if you have already expanded them lately.

As for the stop distances, I think they are very competitive and there's a few factors to be considered but principally the free guaranteed stop. Out of interest, which ones are you referring to?

Ah yes, the free guaranteed stop is good. Thanks for the reminder.

I did not have any specifics in mind. Just that from our point of view, it's good to have the freedom to set stops as tight as possible, in order to keep risk:reward to a reasonable level, especially when trading a small account. I am not saying that S&L are worse than anyone else's in this respect - they may well be better actually (if so, keep it up! :) ). One (other) firm I have in mind seems to have excessive minimums.

I will echo the thanks of others to you for taking part in this forum. It is appreciated.

Regards,
M.

Hi Ian et al,
Tim.

Tim,
I received my Ipod yesterday. Didn't get the mug or mousemat.

Ian

Hi everyone,

There was a lot of criticism on here towards the image on the website frontpage.

This has now been removed and some of the wording will be altered shortly.

I just wanted to let you all know that we are prepared to react to client feedback and more improvements are on the way.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi everyone,

There was a lot of criticism on here towards the image on the website frontpage.

This has now been removed and some of the wording will be altered shortly.

I just wanted to let you all know that we are prepared to react to client feedback and more improvements are on the way.

Thanks,

Ian

Much better.