Shorting EUR/USD

Hey George,

Wow, thank you for your reply. This is really helpful. I will take a look at all you said and the tools you use. I'll email you back with a few questions, as I consider all you have said.

Kind regards,

J
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judith,
Something else i want to draw ur attention to, which is what i have observed while watching the market long and deep enough , and it is the following and u can also test it every time .
there is something MAGICAL ( although it is ONLY nature working at its best, which is exactly how the fibonacci is applying in our world ALL over in everything we see and YES including the market ) ,, and that is the power of the 161.8 ,, 261.8 and 361.8 EXTENSION FROM the very 1st RANGE in any run and here is another very current example ON THE DAILY CHART , and as much as this MAY SEEM irrelevant to many people( which i have NO problem with that ) ,, BUT reality can NOT be ignored .
The last top we had was the 29/8 and the very first swing on the daily was the little low on the 5/9 then followed by the spike the next day giving us the 1st lower high , NOW test this first range with the fib extension and see where the current market of the week we are in now since 14/12/2011 ,, u will see we will have a target of around 2985 being an extension of 261.8 of that 1st range , NOW test it and have a look at the market reaction in relation to that level .
I see it happen time and time again beyond any doubt in my mind .
Another one that will blow u away and its the current intra day action on the short time picture , which is the run up from the last low 14/12/2012 and u will see it best on the 1 hour chart for the detail as the 4 hour chart will NOT show the high because both high and low are on the same bar ,, and these charts will show u the BIGGER picture as appose to using 15 mnt chart ,, we had the low on that date 16.00 chart time and then the first high(BEFORE the 1st HIGHER LOW ) 15/12 ,, 09.00 chart time followed by the 1st HIGHER low the next hour at 10.00 chart time ,, NOW test it with ur fib extension and have a look at the BIG sell off last night ( for me that is in Australia ) at the LAST HIGH ( i try to draw them as accurate as i can ,, target 1.3196 - 1.3197 with the highest price on that bar was 1.31958 on LUCROR chart price ) which looks like it was the C of the full elliot wave (on the BIGGER picture ) , and u will see , and i will say IF not exact it was ALMOST the EXACT price on the 261.8 extension of that 1ST range i keep talking about ,,, its just too often and too accurate to IGNORE ,,
I hope this will open ur mind to something that MAY HELP you and everyone here on this wonderful website ,,, it is ONLY a small contribution to the great knowledge everyone is sharing here , with MY THANKS to ALL ,,, and i am ONLY doing my job to be apart of it all .
Cheers ,
George
P.S. IF i made any errors on price or dates pls let me know,, but i did check it,, its the old age thing if i did hahahahahahha

Last edited:
Here's the retrace I was looking for
And it touched at the same time last major support being resistance now. I didn't trade today but it was a nice signal for nice profit.

Hey George,

Wow, thank you for your reply. This is really helpful. I will take a look at all you said and the tools you use. I'll email you back with a few questions, as I consider all you have said.

Kind regards,

J
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY PEOPLE , something i NEED to add so we do NOT get the point confused for some ,,,
When i was talking about EXTENsION,, i am NOT talking about extension of the 1st range,,, i was talking about the comparison of the first range,,as we all know the market always repeat legs and runs,, so we are comparing the market action in relation to repeating a previous leg and the EXTENSION of that repeat by 161.8 and 261.8 and 361.8 % ,, and i KNOW that some platforms do NOT have the extension tool which needs 3 points of price ( unlike the fib price tool which works on top to bottom and the opposite) ,, so IF anyone does NOT have the tool it is very easy to calculate it with a calculator and for the benefit of these people here is how u do it IF i may include to help ,,,
u have the first range,, lets say it was 100 point ( pips ) and the 1st higher low after the bottom was at price of 1.3100 , put the 100 range into ur calculator and do the following 100 + 61.8 % = 161.8 points ,,, then add the 161.8 to the higher low of 1.3100 +.0161.8 = 1.3261.8 ,, that will give u a 161.8 extension of previous range ,,, and for 261.8 extention of previous range do the same BUT add 161.8% to the range eg. 100 + 161.8% = 261.8 points ,,, then the new target of 261.8% extension will be 1.3100 + .0261.8 = 1.3316.8 ad for the 361.8% extension just do the same by adding 261.8% to the range of 100 which will be 361.8 points .
NOW lets do that manually for the above post of the current intra day ( short term trading ) action using the 1 hour chart
The low was on 14/12 price 1.2945,,, then high 15/12 price 1.30372 ,, RANGE 92.2 points (pips)
the 1st HIGHER LOW was also 15/12 ( the next hour ) price 1.29566
now,,, 92.2 + 161.8 % = 241.4 points
the higher low of 1.29566 + .0241.4 = 1.3198 our target for the 261.8% extention , the top came in last night at 1.31958 ,,, i am sure it would have to be acceptable for anyone to have a variation of 2.2 pips in a 7 day trading session and 250 points run .
and a very nice action to see the BIG professional money sell off after that top ,, magically the market finds support for the time being around the 61.8% retracement (although the prices went under it BUT all closes were above it except for 1 bar 2 points under it) which is good enough in my books)
Again ,, i guess NO one can really ignore the power of fibonacci working in the market ,, as i hear some people brush it off ,,, NO COMMENT ,, let the market tell its OWN STORY ,,, as it is REALITY and thats what counts
Cheers
George

Hey George,

Kind regards,

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: