ShareScope Development

SScopeMarketing

As part of ShareScope's on-going development program we would like to know more about what real time traders want from their software.

If you would like to meet with ShareScope's MD for an hour or two please email [email protected]

youre way over priced.you can get all the market data for at least half thre price from us sites.once again rip off britain

I concur with the Dentist.

The EOD is a good package and I have subscribed for many years.

JonnyT

SScopeMarketing said:
we would like to know more about what real time traders want from their software.
Sounds like you want to position yourselves, by listening to customers' and potential customers' opinions, to be able to compete on "service". Welcome in principle, but my guess is that all the "potential customers" out here are actually far more interested in competition on price, which would be a much better avenue of approach for you, in the circumstances.

From Motley Fool BB
ShareScope Plus beta testers wanted

ShareScope Plus is now available for beta testing.

We always look for a variety of operating systems and hardware set-ups for beta testing.

If you are interested please email [email protected]

I cannot guarantee that all requests you will be chosen to beta test.

If you are selected you are expected to test as many aspects of the program as you can and provide feedback to ShareScope.

Of course, access to the beta is free for active ShareScope members.

Thanks

SScopeMarketing said:
As part of ShareScope's on-going development program we would like to know more about what real time traders want from their software.

If you would like to meet with ShareScope's MD for an hour or two please email [email protected]

I consider the RT S/C package good value but it is certainly slanted towards equities & fundamental analysis.

The balance of my trading has been shifting towards UK/US index and commodities CFD's + SBs. The biggest problem for me is that S/C doesn''t have a LIFFE or COMEX feed and there are no feed pick-n-mix pricing options. Can't trade futures or Spot quotes from the SB providers properly intra-day without a corresponding futures feed.

Also, less charting functionality than with some other packages.- can't overlay multiple instruments; data-mining more suited to fundamentals rather than searching for instrument correlations, back-testing trading rules etc.

we are not interested in brokers comments.ie underperform/overweight etc.they lie.they employed jack grubman.
what we want is a good scanner for uk equities.ie intraday 52 week high/lows.volume breakouts.volume spikes.prices crossing intraday sma.technicals basically.everything you can get for free on prophet.net scanner.i will pay for that.also heatmaps
we wiil do our own analysis,with a good scanner
fundamentals can be manipulated.

dentist007 said:
what we want is a good scanner for uk equities.ie intraday 52 week high/lows.volume breakouts.volume spikes.prices crossing intraday sma.technicals basically.everything you can get for free on prophet.net scanner.i will pay for that.
Yup, can't argue with that, either.

Can we have sorting of transactions by date please or entry order! Very, very overdue!!!
I have an extremely old version of MS Money, windows 95 version and that allows such sorting.. so c'mon SS please do that in the year 2004.. ah maybe 10 years after MS did it you can?

Hi SScope

Great to see you on the boards :cool:
I, like many here, have used the EOD package for many years now, and there is nothing to match it IMHO. However, the real-time package is poor by comparison and over priced.

I would like to see you add US stocks to the list. There is nothing anywhere near as good as Sharescope for the US market, so this could be a lucrative area for yourselves and needless to say, a great research tool for those in the UK as well.

I hope these are the kinds of ideas you are looking for. :)

FTSE Beater said:
Hi SScope

I would like to see you add US stocks to the list.

It's got NYSE/AMEX + NASDAQ + FOREX already. Just no stock, commodities or other futures which is a big handicap in my book.

Thank you for all the feedback to my initial post.

At ShareScope, we continually seek to improve the quality of our service and welcome any suggestions that can help us achieve this goal.

If anyone wishes to share their ideas and suggestions with the MD personally, please email [email protected]

I have been asking for a Forum of Sharescope users on this site for a long tme now...

Perhaps someone can add this at some stage....?...Sharky....Rognvald..??

It is one package that seems to be liked by many on this site, but never had a discussion Forum....

regards

Last edited:
SScopeMarketing

A question of data integrity in sharescope..

Does shrescope ckeck the accuracy of data released by sharescope, and if so do you find any errors..???

I have certainly found some errors in data being released by sharescope....

My data converter picks up all the errors and example of couple below....

Report of update errors on 09/11/2004 at 19:15:13

Error type,SEAQ,Name,Folder,Date

Data Error: High price < Open price,GSPC,GSPC ,c:\Sharescope Data\FTSE 100,03/11/2004

Data Error: Open price < Low price,TMS1,TMS1 ,c:\Sharescope Data\FTSE 100,08/11/2004

Data Error: Open price < Low price,T15,T15 ,c:\Sharescope Data\Gilts,05/11/2004

another example...

Report of update errors on 28/10/2004 at 16:21:19

Error type,SEAQ,Name,Folder,Date

Data Error: High price < Close price,4UK5,4UK5 ,c:\Sharescope Data\FTSE 100,27/10/2004

Data Error: Open price < Low price,E1X,E1X ,c:\Sharescope Data\FTSE 100,27/10/2004

Data Error: Open price < Low price,T1X,T1X ,c:\Sharescope Data\FTSE 100,26/10/2004

Data Error: Open price < Low price,TMS1,TMS1 ,c:\Sharescope Data\FTSE 100,27/10/2004

Data Error: Open price < Low price,MUU,MUU,c:\Sharescope Data\FTSE Aim,25/10/2004

Data Error: Open price < Low price,RVYI,RVYI,c:\Sharescope Data\FTSE Fledgling,25/10/2004

I have these error reports going back to 2001...some I have amended as and when I require it....

I would be grateful for your comments...

regards

zambuck said:
SScopeMarketing

A question of data integrity in sharescope..

I would echo this request for data integrity.

Some of Sharescopes EOD data was suspect for June and July. Volume for some share (and perhaps all shares as I have not checked) was approximately double that recorded by other suppliers of data. I telephoned them on 26 July and volume figures from then on seem to be correct. But they have not got round to correcting the historical data for June and July. Instead they have been including this message after each update under known problems:

We are aware that some historic volumes are currently incorrect. We are investigating the cause and hope to resolve this shortly. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have telephoned a couple of times in the intevening 3 months asking how they are getting on in resolving this but I get the impression that they are not going to bother correcting the historical data as its too much work.

Gerard

I have reports goinf back to many months that show the data inaccuracy...

This was checked by using metaload and downloader in metastock....

data of another package that I used to use and which I have ditched now was even worse than sharescope....

data is the single most important thing in TA....so this must be the priority of any TA package seller.....

Hope sharescope gets this going and starts updataing history of their data....

As a SS EOS user of many years I look forward to SS plus, which will cost £28/month and have a delayed feed.

Sharescope's support for the commodities market is still pathetic. All they contain is gold, silver and platinum. That's it.