Sharescope Data Errors

zambuck

Experienced member
HI all

Do you check data supplied by sharescope and if so do you check the integity of their data?

I do keep finding data errors on their Data - things like C < L or H < L etc etc....

I have found these on a very regular basis and have notified the Sharescope about that but the errors still keep cropping up...

I have been assured by them repeatedly that they do check all their data but then why does error keep cropiing up?

I believe that data and good quality data is the single most important part of any TA package...Any errors is simply not acceptable...

For example Seaq BRIC has C < L on 12 June 2007....There is a long list of these kind of errors.

Any comments/observations welcome...

.....OK.....Seems like most of you Sharescope users use the package without worrying about the data error issue.....!

.....OK.....Seems like most of you Sharescope users use the package without worrying about the data error issue.....!

:LOL:

a) I'm not looking at the same ones as you or

b) At the end of the day I'm only interested in the close.

Split

I have SSPro.
I have never had an error so how do errors come about, I mean does it appear on a seperate window or on the graph?

O,H,L,C for BRIC 12 June 07 1402,1406,1388,1386. So mine has an error too.
Surely there is an error somewhere in there, hate to think how many there could be.

Thanks for pointing that out and will keep an eye out, and bug them with it. I always asume that all data is correct when they say its correct. Bug in there somewhere.

Thanks

I have SSPro.
I have never had an error so how do errors come about, I mean does it appear on a seperate window or on the graph?

O,H,L,C for BRIC 12 June 07 1402,1406,1388,1386. So mine has an error too.
Surely there is an error somewhere in there, hate to think how many there could be.

Thanks for pointing that out and will keep an eye out, and bug them with it. I always asume that all data is correct when they say its correct. Bug in there somewhere.

Thanks

...Thanks for the response.....

I have sent a PDF file to them yesterday listing the ones I have concerns about.......

I have asked them to check again and not to take it as a face value as my data checker may have goofed.....

Perhaps you could check couple on the list and confirm if the readings do point to data errors....

regards

Attachments

• Sharescope Errors.pdf
    30.6 KB · Views: 567
Errors

I checked most of them and mine is exactly the same as yours.

Surely they must do something about it. Does make you wonder how many more are there as impossible to check all the prices.........it would take years.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Yes there is but they say that we do check and correct the prices.....

But then it would take a resonably small effort to check these inconsistencies.....and for a company like that with a mathematician at head surely these would not be a big issue....

Let's see what response I get back from them....Noprmally it is always a standard mode of reply....Do not accept mistake....Say we will check and update....We check our data thoroughly etc etc.....

regards

Hi All, thanks for pointing these out and providing the list of examples. Seems most of these have arisen due to a glitch in the way we interact with the LSE's new Tradelect system introduced a few months back. The database will be corrected by Monday latest.
Regards,
ShareScope GM