Shadow trader

Directional

Experienced member
I saw shadow trading mentioned in another thread... where a computer watches your trade patterns presumably in an effort to get it to mimic a trader.

Anyone know which arcades are doing this and for what purpose? sounds a bit sinister if you ask me, dont think i'd be comfortable with a computer trying to copy my trading

id love to watch that one...if 90% of traders end up in the great pit in the sky, you'd have to consider the trading 'big brother' platforms would be as good...only no nerves or jitters at all at pulling that trigger better than a cleaning lady with a bottle of squeezy jiff !!!!

Actually, i would love it.

imagine I buy ten Ftse futures, then some mad machine buys a few thousand on the back of it. Sounds like a licence to print money!

(obviously i exaggerate but i hope u get the gist)

or imagine a computer figuring out what you're going to do and bunging a few thousand on the bid before you can join it...

naw i like either scenario....its going to do its cods. fantastic. mk 1 trader 1, computer 0

Shadow Trading

Arbitrageur said:
I saw shadow trading mentioned in another thread... where a computer watches your trade patterns presumably in an effort to get it to mimic a trader.

Anyone know which arcades are doing this and for what purpose? sounds a bit sinister if you ask me, dont think i'd be comfortable with a computer trying to copy my trading

I have heard that the Curvalue software (that apparently looks like TT) has a functionality to shadow a traders movements and so they pick ones who are trading up a storm and follow them. Could work if they have position traders but scalpers and spreaders ?????

What happened in the end with shadow trading? 5 years on there must be some type of conclusion? Any information most appreciated :).