Selling of a Trading Concept/Strategy

basefree

Hello everyone,
First post here. I have a quick question about a situation I am in. Over the past eight months I have conceived, crafted, and to a rather limited extent--with respect to the time devoted to the other two--tested a very powerful, dynamic, and consistently profitable trading system. As I currently do not have enough startup capital myself to go about trading this system as a means to make a living; I would like to try to sell the system. Are there any decent ways to go about doing this? My ideal goal would be to sell it either to a firm or an investment bank or something along those lines and receive a percentage of the profit that they make; but really, I'm up for just about anything. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and happy trading!

i wondered whats the minimum capital to use 'your' system? i know there are good brokers which can trade pennies, you should take the live forward test, otherwise its just pure hype

i wondered whats the minimum capital to use 'your' system? i know there are good brokers which can trade pennies, you should take the live forward test, otherwise its just pure hype

I have organized the strategy in such a way that it may be used with micro lots; although, I would recommend using a minimum investment of around $250. As for the live forward test, I am in the process of receiving some money from friends and family in order to do just that! I would disagree with you however when you say: "otherwise its just pure hype". Results are results unless you are using a mediocre broker with a terrible data feed on their demo account. Thanks for your post :)

.. . I would disagree with you however when you say: "otherwise its just pure hype". Results are results unless you are using a mediocre broker with a terrible data feed on their demo account.

Numerous threads on this site demonstrate the fallacy of this rather arrogant belief. (n)

basefree

because there is ample evidence to show that it is often the case that trades on a demo account cannot be replicated in real life.

jon

basefree

because there is ample evidence to show that it is often the case that trades on a demo account cannot be replicated in real life.

jon

Again, if people could provide some type of evidence to support these claims, that would be helpful. If you are referring to the lack of risk on a demo account and the existence of risk on a live account--the point doesn't apply. This system is automated, is built on solid theory of price action on the Forex, and produces consistent profits. If you are referring to data feed lags, you might want to double check your broker's legitimacy.

I have organized the strategy in such a way that it may be used with micro lots; although, I would recommend using a minimum investment of around $250. )

You mean $250k or $250? You dont have $250 to trade live?

Anyhow to answer your question you'd probably want to post account statements even if it is just a demo. Most people flogging systems dont even go that far so that would be a good place to start. Also forexfactory.com has some sort of commercial forum now where people sell systems. You could also submit it to the CollectiveC2 website to be independently monitored. It seems people sell systems there too, have a look at their website.

However if it loses money everyone will see it and nobody will buy it so it depends on whether you have a decent system or its just another scam, like 99.9% of systems being peddled.

Last edited:
basefree

take it or leave it - you'll soon find out when you start putting money down.

jon

You mean $250k or $250? You dont have $250 to trade live?

Yes, $250.00 not $250k. At the moment I do not have the money to spare; however, I plan on opening up a live account with a bit more than $250.00 within the next couple months.

Yes, $250.00 not $250k. At the moment I do not have the money to spare; however, I plan on opening up a live account with a bit more than $250.00 within the next couple months.

So can you post statements from your demo trading or have you just been backtesting?

So can you post statements from your demo trading or have you just been backtesting?

Yes, I can post the forward testing results if you like. Is that allowed here on the forums btw? (New here and am confused with what exactly they allow and don't allow)

Yes, I can post the forward testing results if you like. Is that allowed here on the forums btw? (New here and am confused with what exactly they allow and don't allow)

As far as I know there's no reason why you cant post the forward test results, just be careful to remove any personal information from the statement.

I dont think that will convince anybody, what platform did you use to demo trade? Most if not all will allow you to export your trades as a report. Whatever that was you posted means nothing to be honest.

I dont think that will convince anybody, what platform did you use to demo trade? Most if not all will allow you to export your trades as a report. Whatever that was you posted means nothing to be honest.

That's OK, I think that it will convince some people; and those people have the potential to benefit from this strategy. I used SIG via MT4. At the start of next week I plan on running another with GCI, and yet another with Forex.com all with different account balances. Mt4i does allow me to export my trades as a report; however, in my mind at least, it gives away too much of the strategy. I'm not so sure if it means nothing though. In my opinion 0.7-3.0% of your account balance per day is quite good.

That's OK, I think that it will convince some people; and those people have the potential to benefit from this strategy. I used SIG via MT4. At the start of next week I plan on running another with GCI, and yet another with Forex.com all with different account balances. Mt4i does allow me to export my trades as a report; however, in my mind at least, it gives away too much of the strategy. I'm not so sure if it means nothing though. In my opinion 0.7-3.0% of your account balance per day is quite good.

OK so you do have a demo account statement from MT4 but you wont post it. I think that says you either dont have a system or it is not profitable. As for 'giving away too much of the strategy' give us all a break, we've heard much better excuses than that before. You could blank out trade dates and time and nobody would have a clue what your strategy was.

I dont think youll sell your system on T2W, not based on this thread anyhow.

I have organized the strategy in such a way that it may be used with micro lots; although, I would recommend using a minimum investment of around $250. As for the live forward test, I am in the process of receiving some money from friends and family in order to do just that! I would disagree with you however when you say: "otherwise its just pure hype". Results are results unless you are using a mediocre broker with a terrible data feed on their demo account. Thanks for your post :)

i recommend you using this broker www.fxopen.com

select micro account, and use leverage 1:500

with deposit $250, you would have $25000 micro units to trade live.

minimum lot size = 0.10 (thats 1 cents per pips)

to check legitimacy of broker, go here broker license

That's OK, I think that it will convince some people; and those people have the potential to benefit from this strategy. .

I hope you are not suggeting that you plan to sell this 'system' to members of this forum.

That would be against the rules.