Seeking consistency

eur usd 4H trigger to short

daily and 4 hour trend is up (quite aggressive 4H ascending channel)

price has reached the 50% - 61.8% fib retracement level ZONE on the daily chart (1.32 50 - 1.33 00)

A 'shooting star' candle has printed in the overnight / asian session, suggesting a rejection of any higher prices at this time

I am not yet considering a short trade, but am watching for a more definitive rejection during european & US sessions

Attachments

• eur usd d set up 'zone'.gif
    eur usd d set up 'zone'.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 125
  • eur usd 4h trigger.gif
    eur usd 4h trigger.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 121
Gold long

Daily and 4 hour trends are down (short)

However price has retraced on the longer term (weekly) chart to the bottom of the ascending channel (Oct '08) and printed a daily 'hammer' type candle at the 50-61.8% fib re-tracement of the last daily (Dec - Feb) up swing which coincides with a previous (Jan 13th support level)

I have placed an order within the daily candle at 1640, with a stop at 1625 (-15pips risk) and target 1 at recent daily highs 1675 (+35 reward) R= 2.3

If my order is opened I will look to move my stop up to breakeven if price makes it to R=1 @ 1655, which is still within yesterday candle.

Attachments

• gold weekly.gif
    gold weekly.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 134
  • gold daily trigger.gif
    gold daily trigger.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 126
gpb nzd daily short trigger

Daily and 4H trend are long

However a counter trend trigger (shooting star, rejecting higher prices at this point in time) has been printed on the daily chart at a previous daily support and resistance level (confluence with the 50% fib re-tracement of the Dec - Feb down swing on the daily time-frame)

I have placed an order anticipating a retrace into yesterdays range at 1.95 50 with a stop at 1.96 75 (-125 pips risk) with a target of the daily range low at 1.89 50 (reward +500pips) R = 4

If my order is triggered and price reaches R=1 @ 1.94 25 I will move my stop to break even

Attachments

• gbp znd daily short.gif
    gbp znd daily short.gif
    35.4 KB · Views: 118
eur jpy 4H long

daily and 4 hourly trends are long

Price has retraced to 50% of the last 4H upswing and printed an inside bar which triggered (so far) a profitable long entry. I didn't trade this. I shall not be placing a trade at the levels of the inside bar either, because of the strong weekly support / resistance level immediately above

I shall keep an eye on it though next week, to see if my decision was right (weekly chart) or wrong (usual daily and 4H trend + fib pull back and trigger)

Attachments

• eur jpy weekly major res.gif
    eur jpy weekly major res.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 142
  • eur jpy daily up channel.gif
    eur jpy daily up channel.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 122
  • eur jpy 4h inside bar long.gif
    eur jpy 4h inside bar long.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 122
cable break out of recent range (long)

Cable broke out and closed above (on the daily time frame) the 1.60 00 level

Daily and 4H trends are up, opportunity to play the retest of the previous resistance (turned into support) on the 1 hourly time-frame

Order set at 1.59 90 stop @ 1. 59 60 (risk -30 pips) target previous daily highs at 1.61 10 reward +120) R = 4

Attachments

• gpb usd d set up.gif
    gpb usd d set up.gif
    33 KB · Views: 129
  • gpb usd 4h  set up.gif
    gpb usd 4h set up.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 137
  • gpb usd 1h support level.gif
    gpb usd 1h support level.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 138
Re: cable break out of recent range (long)

Order set at 1.59 90 stop @ 1. 59 60 (risk -30 pips) target previous daily highs at 1.61 10 reward +120) R = 4

Order removed as price shot through stop level (fortunately without opening my order first!)

Order removed as price shot through stop level (fortunately without opening my order first!)
Price formed a shooting star candle on the daily time-frame
I will be watching for a long 'trigger' signal calendar around the 50% retracement level of yesterdays daily range (1.58 60 - 1.58 80), on the 4H and 1H time-frame

Attachments

• gpb usd d trigger.gif
    gpb usd d trigger.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 148
  • gpb usd 4h.gif
    gpb usd 4h.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 170
  • gpb usd 1h zone.gif
    gpb usd 1h zone.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 180

Price formed a shooting star candle on the daily time-frame
I will be watching for a long 'trigger' signal calendar around the 50% retracement level of yesterdays daily range (1.58 60 - 1.58 80), on the 4H and 1H time-frame
No entry and price has now broken the low of yesterday and invalidated the daily trigger candle (which was a hammer shape, not a shooting star!)

NZD USD daily range set up

Daily and 4H time-frame trends are down

However the daily chart shows the pair trading with in the 0.80 50 - 0.83 20 range since the start of March, with recent resistance slightly higher @ 0.81 10

I have placed a counter-trend order:
Price is at the bottom of this range and has indicated rejection of lower prices and ascending daily trend line from November & December last year

The 4H chart has printed a shooting star type of candle formation allowing an entry trigger at 0.81 00 with a stop at 0.80 85 (15 pis risk) and a target at recent daily highs and the recent cross of the daily 20ema / 50sma / significant weekly chart Support / Resistance level of 0.82 20 (120 pips reward) R = 8

If my order should be opened, I will look to move my stop to break even if price closes above 0.81 20 (+20) on the 4H time-frame, being yesterdays low

Attachments

• nzd usd 4h trigger.gif
    nzd usd 4h trigger.gif
    37.5 KB · Views: 178
  • nzd usd daliy set up.gif
    nzd usd daliy set up.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 150
  • nzd usd weekly 82.20 level.gif
    nzd usd weekly 82.20 level.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 155
EUR GBP short zone (4H)

daily trend is short
4H trend is short
(monthly and weekly trends are also short although look over extended)

EUR GBP has just retraced into the 50% / 61.8% fib zone of the last 4H down swing
this also was a level of significant support on the daily and weekly time-frames

I am watching for any rejection of this level, or a little higher (the daily descending 20ema) to enter short...

Attachments

• eup gbp d.gif
    eup gbp d.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 139
  • eup gbp 4h.gif
    eup gbp 4h.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 137
Gbp cad

daily and 4H trends are long
price has retraced 50 / 61.8% of the last 4H up swing and printed a 'hammer' type candle indicating rejection of lower prices at this time
the level 'rejected' has acted as support and resistance on the daily chart a few times this year
price has also retraced and 'rejected' lower prices in the daily ma's of 'dynamic support' "shadow" (between the 20ema & 50sma (red & blue respectively)

Order set to open at 1.58 70 (stop 1.58 20, -50pips risk) and target at recent daily highs of 1.60 00 (130pips reward). R=2 (if opened)

Attachments

• gbp cad daily.gif
    gbp cad daily.gif
    38 KB · Views: 218
  • gbp cad 4h.gif
    gbp cad 4h.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 139
Re: EUR GBP short zone (4H)

I am watching for any rejection of this level, or a little higher (the daily descending 20ema) to enter short...
As predicted, but no entry trigger candle printed on 41h or 1H tf so no trade unfortunately

Attachments

• eur gbp 4h update.gif
    eur gbp 4h update.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 176
gold & silver counter trend long

both Gold and Silver have printed daily candles indicating rejection of lower prices towards the bottom of their recent trading ranges
I am watching for a re-tracement of around 50% of yesterdays daily 'hammer' type candles for a 4H or 1H trigger candle to trade long (toward the top of their recent ranges / into the descending dynamic resistance of their daily moving averages)

By watching for an entry inside yesterdays daily bar I hope to both reduce risk (compared to trading the daily bar in a text book way) and have a greater chance of a break even trade (should price only trade up to yesterdays high and then move lower again, my stop will have been moved to breakeven (if opened) once price has moved the same number of pips as I have risked

Attachments

• silver daily.gif
    silver daily.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 127
  • gold daily.gif
    gold daily.gif
    30 KB · Views: 133
Re: Gbp cad

Order set to open at 1.58 70 (stop 1.58 20, -50pips risk) and target at recent daily highs of 1.60 00 (130pips reward). R=2 (if opened)

Order removed (missed entry by 6 pips!) - price has moved through 50pip R1 level (1.59 20)

Attachments

• gbp cad update.gif
    gbp cad update.gif
    29 KB · Views: 147
Re: Gbp cad

Order removed (missed entry by 6 pips!) - price has moved through 50pip R1 level (1.59 20)

and of course, price has met the target I had (but before ever touching my entry level)

Yesterdays candle (shooting star shaped) may provide an opportunity to short this pair - watching lower time-frames for set up

Attachments

• gbp cad update.gif
    gbp cad update.gif
    30.4 KB · Views: 147
eur usd 1H trigger from daily set up

EUR USD pair printed a rejection (daily candle hammer formation) of prices lower than its recent trading range (1.30 00 - 1.32 70)

The hourly chart may be printing a further hammer candle at the 50% retracement level

A counter trend entry with the potential for good R:if candle closes in a clear enough format to trade

update:
Order to open long : 1.30 25, stop 1.30 00 (risk -25 pips) target just below daily descending 20sma @ 1.31 25 (reward +100) r =4 if opened

Attachments

• eur usd daiy set up.gif
    eur usd daiy set up.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 141
  • eur usd daiy 1h trigge r(potential.gif
    eur usd daiy 1h trigge r(potential.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 146
Re: eur usd 1H trigger from daily set up

Order to open long : 1.30 25, stop 1.30 00 (risk -25 pips) target just below daily descending 20sma @ 1.31 25 (reward +100) r =4 if opened

My order was triggered and stopped out as EUR USD finally broke out of its three month range. It was a counter trend trade, however my set up for a counter trend trade at obvious support was valid and my stop prevented me from incurring an even greater loss, so I'm poor but not angry!

USD CAD daily short

The daily trend is flat, in line with the three and a half months that the pair has been ranging, the 4H is long, so I am trading counter this trend from the daily rejection of the high of the daily trading range

The daily has quite a long tail above indicating lack of buying interest at these levels and I have placed an order at about 50% of yesterdays trading range to get me short at 1.00 20 with a stop at 1.00 65 (-45 pisp risk) and a target of the recent lows at the bottom or the trading range at 0.98 60 (+160 pips reward) R=3 if opened and target achieved

There is no signal on the lower time-frames, but I noticed my entry is at the top of the overnight / asian trading range, so another move up before the London open can not be rules out and may just trigger me in....

Like the EUR USD trade earlier in the week this is counter immediate trend, but inline with the longer term 'ranged trend', rejection of a previous S/R level

Attachments

• usd cad daily set up.gif
    usd cad daily set up.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 140
  • usd cad 1h entry zone.gif
    usd cad 1h entry zone.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 181
Re: USD CAD daily short

order at about 50% of yesterdays trading range to get me short at 1.00 20 with a stop at 1.00 65 (-45 pip risk) and a target of the recent lows at the bottom or the trading range at 0.98 60 (+160 pips reward) R=3 if opened and target achieved

Trade order has been opened and moved to -20 pips (half of risk allowance) before turning short and has now achieved 0.99 75 (+45 pips). I have therefore moved my stop to breakeven at 1.00 20 to see what happens next

Attachments

• usd cad stop to breakeven.gif
    usd cad stop to breakeven.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 126