Seeking a system that works

John
im sure you will get many offers of systems that work. if any one system worked dont you think wed have all heard about it by now. im afraid there is no shortcut

I have created a dozen or so working systems, but once I found enough data to test it on I noticed that they all average 10-20% a year if you backtest far enough. For me, that wasn't worth having my PC on 24/7 and worrying about it. I can make that by trading stocks in a much more peaceful way.

I have created a dozen or so working systems, but once I found enough data to test it on I noticed that they all average 10-20% a year if you backtest far enough. For me, that wasn't worth having my PC on 24/7 and worrying about it. I can make that by trading stocks in a much more peaceful way.

Depending on their correlation, you can raise the leverage and they will buffer each other in one account, so the end result will raise your 10-20% pa. by a certain amount. The best thing to do would be to collate all your backtested trades in excel and have a look at the equity curve.

Pity there isn't a leak from Golbum Sucks with their prize billion dollar quantum system.

:)

I would like to find a way to automate stock trading. I would feel much better only trading instruments with 10%+ annual dividend and monthly payouts. Then have a system that day trades them but with wide stop loss and target, because holding is winning too in those cases.

Anyone know of good automated stock trading software to do this? I have googled it so many times, but hearing from the horses mouth is the best.

Ever had that sinking feeling that just maybe one is a bit short somewhere ?

There are Gann threads that people rave about but don't seem to work for me
There are Elliott wave threads that don't seem to give me the answers
There are pitchfork threads that have the same negative attitude to my success
Technical analysis triangles, S&R etc that defy my every effort to quantify
etc etc

Are they all boll*cks or could it be me

:mad:

I never found anything on the net that I could use straight away. I always had to take the idea and run with it a bit and sometimes something would come of it.

Ever had that sinking feeling that just maybe one is a bit short somewhere ?

There are Gann threads that people rave about but don't seem to work for me
There are Elliott wave threads that don't seem to give me the answers
There are pitchfork threads that have the same negative attitude to my success
Technical analysis triangles, S&R etc that defy my every effort to quantify
etc etc

Are they all boll*cks or could it be me

:mad:

With the exception of S&R they are all PURE, UNADULTERATED UTTER F***ING B0LLOCKS.

That's why you are not having success with them.

You know who makes money from those things? Vendors - the scum of the earth (with a few exceptions).

Ok I'm not sure how to say this without sounding like I am trying to sell....yes I am a system vendor but I would like some feedback, good and bad.

My wife and I have recently started our own business leasing my trading systems. We have put up a website and have been posting our daily trading results from our trading accounts via our blog and twitter. We believe in total transparency and all our trades are verified via our broker Striker Securities.

We live in New Zealand and do not have a large network of other trading colleagues who understand the business we are in so I would like to ask this forum for any tips on what more we can be doing to promote our products. Our website has only been live for a few months so I guess it will just take time to get the traffic and I guess even though our results have been profitable, most traders would like to see a longer trading history. (our 3 systems have only been tracked since April, August & September). We also don't believe in taking a fee if we post an un-profitable month.

It seems as though the automated trading system business via a vendor is still largely unknown to most (from the feedback we have had) so what is the most important info you would like to see displayed on a vendors website?

Do you agree that Time + Profitable Results will eventually make a commercial system popular?

We would appreciate any feedback.
Regards
George

Just had a quick look at your website.
First impressions are good.
But would people like to send, what for some might be quite a large dollop of money ?
You will know the answer to that question. Personally I like having a hands on myself, even if I lose.
It rather begs the question , If your systems are as good as they look why go to all the extra bother of inviting others aboard ?

It rather begs the question , If your systems are as good as they look why go to all the extra bother of inviting others aboard ?

That's true but ask the same of a hedge fund or investment company, the answer will almost always be to get more funds to make more profits for themselves.
Help us to help you kind of situation.
I wouldn't buy it personally but if it's transparent then can't see why not...

Thanks Pat494,
I also like to be hands on which is why I developed the systems but I know them inside and out and trust them completely whereas I understand others don't and would be more apprehensive as I was about trading other people's systems.

I am trading the systems with all the capital I can spare, and also have other systems on the go that need accounts funded so the extra income from lease fees are handy for the ongoing R&D. The systems can handle around 500 contracts each so why not open them up to others to trade? I would never sell the systems though or give up the code.

When you say 'Large dollop of money', do you mean the Suggested Minimum Capital? Which in Investor 3's case is $50,000 which is a large amount of money. But the amount is only suggested, you can set your leverage to whatever you wish. The money stays in your own brokerage account, accessible to only you. We just send you the trade signals via our broker and your broker.

Thanks for your feedback and if you have any other questions please ask.
Regards
George

That's true but ask the same of a hedge fund or investment company, the answer will almost always be to get more funds to make more profits for themselves.
Help us to help you kind of situation.
I wouldn't buy it personally but if it's transparent then can't see why not...

Yes that is true, you need (more) money to make (more) money :)

Well prolly not for me but I can see you will have great possibilities if the systems continue to perform.

good luck

Ok I'm not sure how to say this without sounding like I am trying to sell....yes I am a system vendor but I would like some feedback, good and bad.

My wife and I have recently started our own business leasing my trading systems. We have put up a website and have been posting our daily trading results from our trading accounts via our blog and twitter. We believe in total transparency and all our trades are verified via our broker Striker Securities.

Having a good product does not guarantee its success in the marketplace. "If you build it, they will come" seldom works in the real world.

You have been wise to make available an auditable result of your trades. This goes a long way to establishing credibility. Just posting trade recommendations does not do it for me because successful execution of the recommended trade can be so much different in reality than it was in prospect.

Now you've about 20% of your way to monetizing a successful product or service.

The remaining 80% required is successful marketing. Effective marketing of a good system is the key. I've some experience in monetizing through marketing. If you would like to PM me, I'd be privileged to offer you some pointers.

It's a lot of work. Your patience will be rewarded.

I would like to find a way to automate stock trading. I would feel much better only trading instruments with 10%+ annual dividend and monthly payouts. Then have a system that day trades them but with wide stop loss and target, because holding is winning too in those cases.

Anyone know of good automated stock trading software to do this? I have googled it so many times, but hearing from the horses mouth is the best.

I am a retired software engineer and know the limitations of my trade. I believe in decision support tools with my brain and fingers between the recommendation and the execution of trades.

The investment of HFT robots is enormous and sometimes they fail as well. Remember the flash crash.

I was a struggling losing trader and came across a website that seemed genuine (I know, here we go again you say). Took another leap of faith and signed up for a free week. During the week I was able to chat to the moderator....told him some of my story His advice-stop trading!! Took two months off and am now consistently profitable. They are the complete package....trading model that works, they helped me get my trading state correct. I worked my ..s off and followed everything they said to do. Im new here and have to check the user agreement before posting the site I believe

Jreardan,

The THV system works and it's free, however you can't just rely on the system alone, sometimes you need to apply basic technical analysis.

Forex Morning Trade is a commercial EA but again human intervention is required especially during highly volatile markets.

I don't beleive that only 5% of people make money in trading forex, the same with stocks. Nearlly all the people I know in stocks make regular money. I've grown my own stock trading account by over 800% in six months using basic techniques available on any internet forum. A few examples I use are stock gap downs, looking for daily reversal patterns and a simple MACD histogram pattern. I also trade AIM oil companies using a simple hedging technique. For day trading you want to know my most profitable "system", trading the bounce off support / resistence, that's it, nothing more nothing less. Having just moved into forex am very happy to say my support / resistence is working, pivot points are working too.

You see all of my strategies work however the market conditions have to be right, some days I can catch gap downs, other days if I traded them I'd be on the end of a loosing position, this is where market knowlege comes in, you need to understand what the markets are doing and only then can you trade a system. There is no system that works 100% because conditions change daily. The only known system capable of understanding the market is the human brain. This is why people are comparing trading to becoming a doctor, I'm sure a doctor could teach me the techniques required to perform one operation, but if I'm unable to diagnose the patients condition that same operation could have disasterous effects.

I consider myself a newbie as I've only been trading live six months and my best advice to you is to just ignore all these sore loosers, people in this game are highly negative because they've been burnt, I'd also avoid paying for anything until you are a "pro" yourself as there are a lot of charlatans in this industry.

Bar the EA, everything I've learnt about trading has been from free information sources. You need to understand how the markets work before you consider buying or using a system. If you have the discpline and patience to learn trading you will go far, if on the other hand you are looking for a quick fix then you probably don't have the right mindset to be a trader anyway.

Part of the fun is the chase, so please just forget about wealth and instead concentrate on finding those frequent ureka moments when you discover something new, or you begin to understand a little more about the markets.

With regards to wealth, you may be thinking I'm a millionaire if I've made 800% in six months but the truth is I earn a very modest wage from trading, about the same as a warehouse worker. The reason why is because in stocks I only place £1000 (appx £3000 on leverage) trades, Sure I could place bigger trades but that's how accounts get blown up. From stocks I make on average about £100 per trade (less after you deduct commisions ect). My biggest loosing trade was around £400 and my biggest win was £1600, from a pharma. I've gotten a couple of hot oil trades around £300 too.

In forex there is the opportunity to place bigger trades, but for now my trades in forex are minute as I've only just moved into forex live, my average earnings on forex are less than £50 per day and for now my bread and butter money is still stocks.

So yes you can make money from trading but I don't beleive you will become a millionaire without any significant risk. Ask yourself this question, is it really worth risking everything you've got.

Last edited: